• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
lmao yea huge ***** move. jman come in here and fight fo yoself.
LMFAO

He knows I <3 hiim ;)

Probably common knowledge and I'm a bad looker, but how does the lightshield hog work?
Lightshield hogging is basically using the lightshield which lets you slide a lot more than the regular shield.

Because it lets you slide all you do is hold the lightshield at the edge of the stage. You hold the control stick to the direction that is toward the edge of the stage. When you get hit by certain moves you fall off the stage as soon as you get hit and lets you steal the edge.

You also can do different things depending on what direction you are facing. Lightshield hogging though is done by facing AWAY from the edge.

Pretty much.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
lol every1 has to have at least 1 bad match up jiggs is mine

im trying to get better tho

i'll try to beat him @ mm tho

im so sad they made a vid =( i suck

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Jiggs has never been that hard of a match up for me, to be honest. All I do is grab, u-air and upsmash.

Skler

Smash Master
Fun fact: It's impossible to beat Darc. He just sometimes decides to forfeit so people don't start a religion about him.

Edit: Fun Fact 2: I started a religion about Darc.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I've made a huge list with comboing percentages for fox (what % a certain attack will combo into another attack). They're not very accurate since they're not done in AR or anything but I'm thinking about posting it. Should I?

Tero.

Smash Champion
I've made a huge list with comboing percentages for fox (what % a certain attack will combo into another attack). They're not very accurate since they're not done in AR or anything but I'm thinking about posting it. Should I?
Don't ask.
Do it.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Well, my questions aren't really a matter of life and death.
Just a few things I need clarification upon, so if someone would please tell me:

1) In a waveshine -> turn -> waveshine (repeat), do you turn THEN shine, or shine then turn?
I would very much like to do this in a tech skill video I'm practicing for.

2) Your most effective way of waveshining.
Right now, I have a semi-efficient method that involves my thumb moving back and forth between B and Y.
I've gotten 5 shines within 3/4 of a second, most likely less.
Problem, though.
I keep on hitting the A button, forcing me to do a drill kick or a dtilt.

I have a solution, but I'm worried that I'm taking the 'cheap' way out.
I have my eye on this controller.
It's smaller than others, and the A button is moved out of the way so I can get to Y faster and easier; but then again, I'd rather learn of another way to multishine with my old controller, lest someone john about me having a 'better' controller, totally insulting my skills.

I've tried with alternating between B and X, B and Y, B slide to X hover to B, hold the controller upside-down and place the middle of my thumb on Y and the tip on B alternating back and forth, and, of course, my super-quick method.
But is there anything I'm missing, or do I just need to get faster?

That's not difficult for me, I'm doing SHFFL->shines only 6 months into competitive play.
But, the thing is, I feel like I'm reaching the top of Melee.
I've gotten into the frame-perfect junk, and now I wonder what's left besides to strive for utter perfection, nailing everything humanly possible?
Eh, whatever, I've blathered on too much (I can already see someone quoting this thing as a reply, only for it to show up as "Words." or "I talked a sentence").
Someone help, lawlz.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I use Y>B for waveshining. Tilt the control stick just enough to waveshine out, don't slam the stick. Also shine>wavedash backwards>hold that direction to turn around> shine> wavedash.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I use Y>B for waveshining. Tilt the control stick just enough to waveshine out, don't slam the stick. Also shine>wavedash backwards>hold that direction to turn around> shine> wavedash.
I understand, but to keep the turns going, must one turn before or after shining?
And please, if you would, tell exactly how you go between B and Y.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
*Imagines* LOL! Keep the turns going? Disgusting. I would turn after the waveshine, but before the next shine rather than risk a shine turn. For the waveshine: I use the center of my thumb to press B, then, I use the top corner of my thumb to slide along Y to wavedash.

PCHU

Smash Lord
*Imagines* LOL! Keep the turns going? Disgusting. I would turn after the waveshine, but before the next shine rather than risk a shine turn. For the waveshine: I use the center of my thumb to press B, then, I use the top corner of my thumb to slide along Y to wavedash.
Oh, I meant the multishine.

I'll check your guys' replies in the morning.
I'm tired, 'night.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I think he wants to turn after. Waveshine turnarounds, when done well, look insane. For the multishine, I use the top corner of my thumb to hit Y, then slide it down to hit B. The center tip of my thumb hits B. Then, I go back up to Y and repeat as fast as possible.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
uhh if you mean the ones like SW and SDM do...its turning around inthe shine.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I'M BACK NAO.

Anyways, I just wanna know what methods you guys have for multishining and such.
If would please tell EXACTLY how you go between the jump and B, I would be very grateful.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Did you read my post from the last page?
YESZ, I'm talking to anyone else who would care to answer my questions.

My, my, my.
Today is the big day.
I'm getting that controller.
I'm gonna make a video and post it as soon as I can.

Man, I can't wait.
My thumb moves super-fast as it is (I cannot move from B to X that easily, though. It's just too long for me to travel).
The shortened distance between Y and B and the A button moved out of the way.

I've always had problems with doing things to any extreme (drawing, I hate drawing largely).
I'm just worried that people are going to doubt my skill.
It takes a lot to do what I'm trying to do, but I feel like I'm taking the cheap way out.
However, I'd love to see any normal person pull SHFFL shines, multishines, waveshining, moonwalking, repeated walljump bairs, and a whole bunch of the other crap I can do.

I'm not bragging in the least bit, since basically EVERYONE on the Fox boards can pull this stuff off no sweat.
I just hope that people won't care about what controller I've got, but the skill it takes to use it properly.

CommanderCody08

Smash Apprentice
So what exactly is multishining?

I saw someone yesterday shining extremely quickly a ton of times in place and I'm geussing that was it. They said it was a jump-cancelled shine though. They also said that jump-caneclling the shine was different than just jumping out of the shine, this was new to me.

I'm pretty sure they were doing what you call multishine and I'm curious how to do it.

The idea I got was just go between Shine and jump very very quickly.

I.B

Smash Lord
Jump-cancelling the shine and jumping out of the shine are the same thing.

The idea you got is right.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
the turning around in the shine is ****ing easy, i think he means turning around before the shine and then in the shine which looks sweet

PCHU

Smash Lord
So what exactly is multishining?

I saw someone yesterday shining extremely quickly a ton of times in place and I'm geussing that was it. They said it was a jump-cancelled shine though. They also said that jump-caneclling the shine was different than just jumping out of the shine, this was new to me.

I'm pretty sure they were doing what you call multishine and I'm curious how to do it.

The idea I got was just go between Shine and jump very very quickly.
Yeah.
I got that controller, now if my parents would quit watching tv.....
Lawlz.
I wish I still had my GC.

Top Bottom