• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Alukard

Smash Hero
Yayyy Raynex ... Is Coming To My Tourney ... All U Other B*STARDS Should Come ... I Can Literally Call U All B*STARDS Cuz U All Play Fox ... And He Has No Father Lmfaoooo

Tero.

Smash Champion
Yayyy Raynex ... Is Coming To My Tourney ... All U Other B*STARDS Should Come ... I Can Literally Call U All B*STARDS Cuz U All Play Fox ... And He Has No Father Lmfaoooo
So what ur trying to say is: Fox all dai?

EWC

Smash Ace
If you are supremely confident in your timing, wd forward and shine. Otherwise, wd back.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
What's the best way to respond to a samus that is properly spacing tilts up against your shield?
Hm. You could attempt to do a SHFFL dair to wave shine out of your shield, assuming you don't get pushed too far back. Dairs come out super quick and spot dodging them at that close range won't work too well, even for Samus. Or like the above person suggested, wave dash back and restart your battle plan.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Probably not shield in the first.. you just wait for samus to flail her arms around then you jump in and molest the robot.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
hey hey. i got an infraction for that... so... yeah... lol

nah, but this is real talk. is uthrow to shine usmash possible?
i was tryin' it on a falcon and i can't do it. lulz

cuz you can do a running shine usmash and if they're falling at an angle, i can do it.
(i.e. dtilt to shine usmash)
but yeah... does uthrow shine usmash not work? or do i just suck at smash?
(or both?)

Tero.

Smash Champion

cuz you can do a running shine usmash and if they're falling at an angle, i can do it.
(or both?)
Yeah it's possible

Tero.

Smash Champion
What's the best way to respond to a samus that is properly spacing tilts up against your shield?
First: Don't stuck in your shield when she is spacing tilts.
You can run in and overshoot a shield and if that messed her spacing up: usmash her oos
overshoot attacks if she is wd'ing back to something

oh and don't forget to laser camp to usmash all dai

(wow my english is horrible ... again ~.~)

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
As far as I can tell, your english isn't horrible. But maybe I can't tell cuz my english is horrible.
WD back OOS and try to punish what they're gonna do after that (dont wd far, stay close enough to punish whatever she'll do next).

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
I'd say shield-pivot, then time a full-jump out. Either space a b-air or run away. I'd say run away, because the samus will probably crouch you out and d-tilt you.

FastFox

BRoomer

(or both?)
It's perfectly possible. Just time everything right. You should be able to u-throw -> shine (this'll cause Falcon to fall at an angle towards you or behind you based on what part of the shine you hit him with. You may need to turn around) -> u-smash no problem.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
for shine-usmash to work you need to hit them with the middle of the shine, if you hit them with the outer parts they'll be to far away once the usmash comes out
just wanted to point that out lol

FastFox

BRoomer
I disagree. I've landed tons of shine u-smashes without even thinking where the shine was hitting them. I just turn around and u-smash. You might only catch them with the tips of Fox's toes, but whatever.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I disagree. I've landed tons of shine u-smashes without even thinking where the shine was hitting them. I just turn around and u-smash. You might only catch them with the tips of Fox's toes, but whatever.
try uthrow shine-usmash at higher percents on falcon and time it so that it hits with the VERY TIP of the shine
it doesnt work (no di)

FastFox

BRoomer
Obviously don't approach a Peach from underneath a platform.

Like these other guys have said, dair works amazing because you can either shine, grab, jab, and sometimes u-smash out of it at the higher percents. Peach will definitely try and crouch you out on all your approaches from 0%-60%, so make them count.

U-throw -> u-air works well at the lower percentages if their DI is bad. I wouldn't recommend going for it past 60%. Edgegaurd like a *****. I like staying on the stage facing away from the peach, that way if they umbrella onto the stage they get b-air'd or u-smashed, and if they drop down to the edge from the umbrella all I've got to do is jump backwards and fastfall a bair off the edge.

ICYT

Smash Rookie
Is the level of my tech skill dependent on the length of my hair?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
for the samus and peach thing

just laser them and make them approach u.

thats how u win with fox (stereotypically), u camp them out if u cant approach them lol.

same thing goes for against marth, jiggs, falcon (kinda), etc.

exception applies to falco probs, but u do camp him out a little by jumping on the platforms.

FastFox

BRoomer
I was about to infract you before I realized that what you said is somewhat legit.

I flick my thumb off the side of the X button to short-hop, and when I have long nails I screw up sometimes, so I always keep them nice and short.

FastFox

BRoomer
Samus' and Peach's recoveries can both be screwed over by a camping falco.

Also, Tyson, a Samus' approach is going to be rittled with missiles. If you're willing to camp those out, so be it, however I prefer a more in-your-face approach when playing against a samus, to avoid being boned by missiles.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
reflecting the missiles is easier than getting cc'ed or wavedash back to fsmash/dsmash lol

and after a couple of lasers (even if samus decides to throw some missiles) will approach anyway.

Top Bottom