• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

CO18

Smash Hero
Actually one legitimate example I can think of:

Rx beat CO18 at (his first?) gigs with MK vs Dedede

Next gigs CO18 ***** Rx with MK

But then again this is still a factor of matchups, since straight tornado MK vs DDD was considered to be a stupidly uneven matchup back then.
I was really bad vs tornado then though. After I beat him that gigs with Mk I really didnt want to use him anymore and learned how to counter nado with dedede then 2 stocked his mk with dedede the following gigs.

OverLade

Smash Hero
So are you saying Rx- would lose to Ryo if he didn't use metaknight???

:colorful:
Rx isn't a bad player but I believe the level of smarts Ryo is on is higher than that of Rx.

No disrespect for Rx but the only way to discuss banning MK is to compare players actual skill levels....

Ike ****ing sucks vs MK, and I mean really sucks vs MK. I don't think he's that good of a character anyway. He's either low mid or upper low.
Ryo took a game off of Chops and nearly beat my MK a few games, as I dont play as gay as Rx does. After I adapted MK's natural gayness kicked in of course....

Renegades Ike ***** most of the Midwest, but lost to two generic MK players. He nearly took a game off of Ally offline. He also beat all of their Dedede players.

When MK is the only reason for a character not doing well, that's a problem. Marth/Ike/Dedede/other chars would all do better without MK.

It's ONLY because of MK that certain characters dont do well...

Noa.

Smash Master
I think that MK should be banned, in not than a temporary ban.

Honestly, MK doesn't HAVE to be banned. He's not a truly broken character and a couple of characters do go even with him.

But, he SHOULD be banned. An MKless metagame seems much healthier than our current one. Everyone always discuss how to beat MK. Everyone always complains about MK (if they complain about any character at all). Everyone just seems too focused on MK.

But the best solution IMO is actually to have banned and unbanned MK tournaments. That would be best to see whether or not banning MK is more beneficial to the metagame.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I think Rx-'s level of smarts is higher...but that doesn't matter, how can you judge whose smarter???

It's all subjective!!!

Of course I've played with Rx- a lot, so my opinion is biased, as is yours probably!!!

OverLade

Smash Hero
Well I think Rx-'s level of smarts is higher...but that doesn't matter, how can you judge whose smarter???

It's all subjective!!!

Of course I've played with Rx- a lot, so my opinion is biased, as is yours probably!!!

I've played both of them. Ryo beat my Falco with Ike. Rx didnt beat my Falco with MK. Telling how smart the person you're playing is pretty easy. When someones super smart you'll know immediately because they adapt as you play them and start reading your habits.

Rx is a smart player yes, but Ryo is definetly one of the smartest players in Florida, he simply uses a bad character.

OverLade

Smash Hero
LOL, good **** basing everything off of a few matches...

There are so many factors that come into play in someone's performance and adaptation in every match that you can't judge off of a few matches!!!

Alright this is true, but you can GENERALLY tell when someone is better than the last person you played....

I'm not gonna argue cuz that's not an important example concerning the MK ban anyway....

:lick:

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anywho I still agree with your point to an extent...you just used Rx- as an example, who I know more than anyone how "good" he is as a player!!!

So yeah in conclusion...

LOL @ brawl

Edit: And I don't know enough about Ryo or most other smashers to judge their smarts, so yeah I guess I'm just saying LOTS of people are really "smart," it's just not as easily recognizeable!!!

OverLade

Smash Hero
Anywho I still agree with your point to an extent...you just used Rx- as an example, who I know more than anyone how "good" he is as a player!!!

So yeah in conclusion...

LOL @ brawl

Yeah brawl sucks....until you ban MK and realize that it's actually really balanced.

But its still not as fun as Melee either way lol.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I'm really curious about the MK ban. What if Mk was banned in singles but not teams(Only 1 MK per team)

Edit: Prob a ******** rule but it's just an idea.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
but they both hate that matchup to death, chaz knows it inside and out and hes gotta fight for his life just to keep it even with mk. Danny almost quit pit over mk..

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
the problem with marth vs mk is marth isn't allowed any mistake however mk can Fvck up the entire match and still win thats why that match is gay as for pit idk whats so bad about that match??

Master Raven

Smash Master
Redhal I find it absolutely silly that people wouldn't main certain characters just because of MK. I think you're taking this issue a little too far in that case. I don't know **** about Pit's matchups, but DDD also counters Marth, and you're going to tell me MK is the only character Ike mains hate to fight?! lol maybe for Ren but you should probably see what happens when you mention characters like Falco, DDD, Marth, Wario, etc.

I'm sorry but I simply dislike it when people make claims without providing any specific citation, that's all. Like if people were to claim people quitting because of MK, I would want citations: who is quitting, is there any proof that they're quitting, are they good or do they at least have the potential to be, etc. I don't mind those claims if you can at least give me citations. I'm a very critical and empirical person if you haven't already noticed.

Equi

Smash Ace
Meh at people saying Marth vs MK is horrible on Marth. Those are over exaggerations. Of course MK has the edge but Marth does decent if spaced properly and if he just sits there and camps fair, even MK has some trouble piercing a solid spacing Marth. I don't buy into that at all.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Lol who ever is defending Mk has no logic an hasnt looked at it in any intelligent way.

Marth vs Mk is horrible...

Me an Nick(Hrnut) watched as Neo took Infinity to 3rd match...

It was just horrible to watch. Seemed like if Infinity wanted to take any pressure off him he would upB.

its the same with every other character.

You know, if Mks went B happy against luigis, it would be just like what would happen to D3s. Luigi has it worse, since many of his moves that go through are sometimes ridiculous to time.

Every one *****es an whines about the match up. Even Mk main hate fighting other mks...

Its a character so easy to succeed with its a popular trend as of now to just counter pick to a aerial happy stage an go Mk.

If you think anyone has it easy against Mk than you are stupid.

Its worse than Sagat. Stop comparing Mk to any other top tiers in other games.

It is not the same, Game developers for brawl **** on the competitive scene by giving us mk an other bull****.

Now brawl + is making a scene an Melee is coming back. Only way Brawl will continue for another year or 2 is if necessary bans take place.

Noa.

Smash Master
Florida should have our own personal poll on whether or not MK should be banned. It seems to me that most people do want him banned.

OverLade

Smash Hero
but they both hate that matchup to death, chaz knows it inside and out and hes gotta fight for his life just to keep it even with mk. Danny almost quit pit over mk..
Yeah btw I have to thank you for showing me how broken Shuttle loop is.

I think it's the best move in the game.

the problem with marth vs mk is marth isn't allowed any mistake however mk can Fvck up the entire match and still win thats why that match is gay as for pit idk whats so bad about that match??
Like Seibrik said, Shuttle loop ***** absolutely any approach Marth can come up with. Side B? UpB OOS. SHfair? UpB OOS. There's practically nothing Marth can do.

After playing NEO online I got the hang of the matchup and realized how horribly unfair it is. Shuttle loop is like the only move you even need.

Redhal I find it absolutely silly that people wouldn't main certain characters just because of MK. I think you're taking this issue a little too far in that case. I don't know **** about Pit's matchups, but DDD also counters Marth, and you're going to tell me MK is the only character Ike mains hate to fight?! lol maybe for Ren but you should probably see what happens when you mention characters like Falco, DDD, Marth, Wario, etc.
You don't seem to understand how gay those matchups are for other characters.

D3 counters marth? So what? Chaz knocked Hbox into losers at Gigs. D3 counters Ike? So what? Renegade annihilated every D3 in the Midwest and goes even with CO18 online.

Ike can **** falco, Marth, and Wario, as I've played Ryos Ike (I 2nd Falco and Marth so dont tell me mine arent good) in several sets with all of them. Ryo will go almost even with anyone of my characters but I can 3 stock him with MK.

I might quit if there was a character that even someone mediocre could beat me with....

In tourney Renegade has ONLY lost to MK players I might add.....

Other bad matchups are almost ALWAYS winnable, but against MK some matchups are impossible.

I might add that NEO is also probably going to use MK against MK players (from a conversation we had).

I'm sorry but I simply dislike it when people make claims without providing any specific citation, that's all. Like if people were to claim people quitting because of MK, I would want citations: who is quitting, is there any proof that they're quitting, are they good or do they at least have the potential to be, etc. I don't mind those claims if you can at least give me citations. I'm a very critical and empirical person if you haven't already noticed.
I'm not referring to people quitting, I'm referring to people switching mains/picking up another character.

Everytime I go to a tournament people ask me to give them MK practice or help them pick up a MK counter.

I taught Darktemplio how to play MK dittos because I could 3 stock his Toon Link just by playing Aggro. Masky learned Wario after I 3 stocked his Pikachu with MK. I think Seibrik also went MK to deal with MK and Falco (not sure, did you? XD).

Go read blogs all over AiB. People are not only picking up MK counters, but when that fails, they're picking up MK HIMSELF.

I think you're being slightly biased as a MK main....

Galeon

Smash Ace
Meh at people saying Marth vs MK is horrible on Marth. Those are over exaggerations. Of course MK has the edge but Marth does decent if spaced properly and if he just sits there and camps fair, even MK has some trouble piercing a solid spacing Marth. I don't buy into that at all.
Dash attack, tornado, up-b, hooooo

AfroQT

Smash Master
Yep, I'm a moron for making a good point. You said MK and akuma aren't in the same league, and Akuma was broken. And since they're not in the same league MK is not broken. Therefore validating what I said, that MK is not quite broken.

Calling someone a moron for using complex logic. Cute

Your a complete idiot, just stop talking like you know anything about akuma.
Doodah meant they arent int he same league in terms of how broken they are. MK is still broken, but not NEAR the level of Akuma broken. You arent using complex logic, you just posted something fvcking stupid

Master Raven

Smash Master
You don't seem to understand how gay those matchups are for other characters.

D3 counters marth? So what? Chaz knocked Hbox into losers at Gigs. D3 counters Ike? So what? Renegade annihilated every D3 in the Midwest and goes even with CO18 online.
How much experience does Hbox have vs Marth, and were those DDDs in the midwest tourney that Ren anihilated good? You also have to account very heavily for matchup experience (something most people do not consider.)

Ike can **** falco, Marth, and Wario, as I've played Ryos Ike (I 2nd Falco and Marth so dont tell me mine arent good) in several sets with all of them. Ryo will go almost even with anyone of my characters but I can 3 stock him with MK.
Let's see Ryo take on people who actually main those three characters such as DEHF, Neo and FICTION. Using a secondary shouldn't be justified to determine a matchup unless you can take on many good players with it at least almost as much as your main, and again matchup experience is very important here. How often do most people practice vs Ike? There was even a tournament not too long ago in NY where an Ike named San (who is amazing, I play him online sometimes) placed second and actually beat an MK who won the tourney named Owna in winner's finals. MK shouldn't be beaten by Ike, and Owna managed to knock out San in GF using the matchup experience he acquired from fighting him.

I'm not referring to people quitting, I'm referring to people switching mains/picking up another character.
I know, I only used the quitting thing as a general example, not directed to you at all.

I think Seibrik also went MK to deal with MK and Falco (not sure, did you? XD).
what
I don't know what you're saying here but if you're thinking what I'm thinking, I've been using MK since the game came out.

Go read blogs all over AiB. People are not only picking up MK counters, but when that fails, they're picking up MK HIMSELF.

I think you're being slightly biased as a MK main....
I want to see these blogs (and I'm not being sarcastic just in case you interpret my sentence as that). And I am absolutely not biased, I even think right now tournies would be more fun without MK, however people need to look at some sides of the debate VERY critically.

I didn't quote the parts I felt were just general stuff.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Exactly...

The match up for every character is almost impossible.

So what Neo an Roy_R will wreck every mk, but the top 10 mks....

...so....If you want to win in this game, or atleast get top 10, pick up mk, cuz you wont place higher than top 10 top 20 if you lucky at a big tourney.

Boss beat a bunch of mks at chus bi recently...

But to be honest, that wont happen at a big tourney.

If mk isnt banned, results wont change. The meta game is solid now. top 10 will consist of 8 mks.

Equi

Smash Ace
Look. I agree that MK should be banned. Reread my posts dip****z an get a ****** clue as to what I'm sayin before responding. Of ****** course MK has the edge over Marth and all matchups. NO ****!

I've seen hrnut do it before. The camping of fairs. He did it to me a long time ago. My MK wasn't that great back then, but you better bet I tried a variety of approaches and he countered each one seamlessly.

No offense Seibrik but that vid is a dumb example. Do you guys not get what I mean by CAMPING FAIRZ and playing extremely smart with Marth? It means you don't effing approach, duh. And that's not what Chaz is doing. Chaz is an amazing Marth, but he was approaching. It's been said before, to beat MK you have to be extremely patient. It can be done with Marth if you wait and counter whatever he does. I've seen it happen, and it's happened to me.

OverLade

Smash Hero
How much experience does Hbox have vs Marth, and were those DDDs in the midwest tourney that Ren anihilated good? You also have to account very heavily for matchup experience (something most people do not consider.)
Having matchup experience against MK doesnt help, ironically in most matchups.

Dunno ask Ren, but he ***** many of the best players in the midwest.

Let's see Ryo take on people who actually main those three characters such as DEHF, Neo and FICTION. Using a secondary shouldn't be justified to determine a matchup unless you can take on many good players with it at least almost as much as your main, and again matchup experience is very important here. How often do most people practice vs Ike? There was even a tournament not too long ago in NY where an Ike named San (who is amazing, I play him online sometimes) placed second and actually beat an MK who won the tourney named Owna in winner's finals. MK shouldn't be beaten by Ike, and Owna managed to knock out San in GF using the matchup experience he acquired from fighting him.
Lol you named players who are better than Ryo by a large margin. Sure, get Ren to play them and we could have an arguement, but I know none of them would be able to 3 stock him like some average MK player could.

And I've never heard of Owna. I seriously doubt he's any good, and knowing the matchup vs. MK doesn't mean anything unless you're better than the MK player.....
I know, I only used the quitting thing as a general example, not directed to you at all.

Ask him. I know Falco was giving him trouble, but switching to MK simply to do better is what he was aiming to accomplish.

I want to see these blogs (and I'm not being sarcastic just in case you interpret my sentence as that). And I am absolutely not biased, I even think right now tournies would be more fun without MK, however people need to look at some sides of the debate VERY critically.

Go to the MK boards/Blog list and look for threads about people switching to MK. Its not hard I'll do it if I have a spare sec.
I didn't quote the parts I felt were just general stuff.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Look. I agree that MK should be banned. Reread my posts dip****z an get a ****** clue as to what I'm sayin before responding. Of ****** course MK has the edge over Marth and all matchups. NO ****!

I've seen hrnut do it before. The camping of fairs. He did it to me a long time ago. My MK wasn't that great back then, but you better bet I tried a variety of approaches and he countered each one seamlessly.

No offense Seibrik but that vid is a dumb example. Do you guys not get what I mean by CAMPING FAIRZ and playing extremely smart with Marth? It means you don't effing approach, duh. And that's not what Chaz is doing. Chaz is an amazing Marth, but he was approaching. It's been said before, to beat MK you have to be extremely patient. It can be done with Marth if you wait and counter whatever he does. I've seen it happen, and it's happened to me.
I nearly 3 stocked Hrnuts marth.

Dont judge off of what your MK can do.

Tornado beats Fair camping. And shuttle loop beats everyone of Marths approaches.

Equi

Smash Ace
I nearly 3 stocked Hrnuts marth.

Dont judge off of what your MK can do.

Tornado beats Fair camping. And shuttle loop beats everyone of Marths approaches.
To heck with tornado, that stuff should have been surpassed a long time ago. It's good for damage here and there but I find tornadoes to be easily punished now. The second you punish Marth for tornado once the Marth should begin defending for tornado's, it's an adapting situation.

Look a smart Marth can make way. I could give two ***** if you guys don't believe me I'm picking up Marth anyway for the next tourney to handle chaingrabbing Pikachuz. And I'll play Marth against all MKz. The character comes naturally to me anyway since I use to main him in Melee, and I have a good idea of what his style is like so it won't be long till I'll be using him as a solid secondary with MK.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I just want people to know, especially Red, that I have no intention of defending MK, nor am I biased for MK. I'm just asking questions and trying to make people think more critically about some sides of the debate, and I'd encourage people to be able to answer my questions well enough (without any snarkiness though, obviously).

and lol does everyone and their mother read our PR topic?

Top Bottom