• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Mk needs to be banned. Case closed.

If we havent realized as a whole community of FL than I guess we are stupid. But it will never happen...

Yea im *****ing....But, brawl is garbage. I just want to see...

1. Dk
2. D3
3.D3
4.Snake.
5.Luigi
5.Kirby
7.Snake
7.Falco
9.GaW
9.Wario

U can switch those characters all you want, just gotta change the rules in this god awful game

OverLade

Smash Hero
snake is top tier and he doesnt even come close to mk lol yea mk beats falco.
But like any matchup, the player will affect how well the character performs. Playstyle/judgement will affect any matchup.

Petey and Seibrik both beat Kismet while I barely lost. They obviously played the matchup better/smarter than I did.

afro's proven that wario can eat MK alive.
When I played Afro I didn't know the matchup well, but even after learning it Reflex still beat me, so no johns (even if it was only because his fart poked my shield when he was severely down damagewise).

But I think in general it'll come down to the skill of the player completely.....

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Me and HRNut should team one day. I CG and he camps...the 2 gayest things in brawl that isn't metaknight.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Problem is, i rarely go to orlando for tournaments, so it will be a rarity when we actually will go to the same tournament.

Wow..didn't even realize i went over 2k posts.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Seibrik and I think that pika MK is 55:45 in MKs favor
That's interesting but to me the matchup statistic isn't as important as "can pikachu win consistently even after the MK player learns the matchup". Anther says yes to this, as he is able to consistently beat Judge the best MK in the midwest. But for example, if Anther were to continually play M2K, would all of their matches remain close, or would M2K start ****** him simply from adjust to an underused character.

The way everyone learned to **** Snake and GaW with MK hopefully won't happen to Pikachu (Like the way Wario vs. MK isn't a matchup that you can just use a certain style and **** him).

Master Raven

Smash Master
I can see Wario going close to MK if he plays retardedly campy in the air thanks to his amazing aerial maneuverability. His weight and ability to heavily punish any of MK's mistakes with a single well-charged fart makes it interesting too... but we'll see.

Interesting observation to see that you two think Pika vs MK is 55/45 MK.

AfroQT

Smash Master
game is fvckin bad why are we discussing how bad it is.

Mk probably goes 55/45 with everyone at worse. Even snake vs mk is 55/45.

Equi

Smash Ace
MK's not being banned because there's certain matchups that are still about almost equal. Of course MK has the edge in all matchups, but you have those three or so characters that decent against him.

If it wasn't for that he'd be gone. I hope someone discovers something even more broken with him so he's banned. It would make Brawl so much more interesting if MK was gone.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
You guys should play melee.

Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik, Falcon

All capable of winning national tournaments and ****** one another.

They used to think Sheik was so broken, that they were going to ban her. Now she's not even top 3.

Brawl is bad. The only thing that's good about Brawl is the big scene, and the money that's associated with it.

Finch

Smash Lord
According to Rx every character in the game is equal it's just that characters on the lower tiers aren't played enough.

OverLade

Smash Hero
MK's not being banned because there's certain matchups that are still about almost equal. Of course MK has the edge in all matchups, but you have those three or so characters that decent against him.

If it wasn't for that he'd be gone. I hope someone discovers something even more broken with him so he's banned. It would make Brawl so much more interesting if MK was gone.
Interesting I've never heard anyone say anything like this.

But yeah this game would be a HUNDRED TIMES better and more competitive with no MK.....

Its like if you play him flawlessly than nobody can even touch you. The only real way to lose is to make mistakes.....

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Interesting I've never heard anyone say anything like this.

But yeah this game would be a HUNDRED TIMES better and more competitive with no MK.....

Its like if you play him flawlessly than nobody can even touch you. The only real way to lose is to make mistakes.....
This is the way Fox loses in Melee, but at least you can give a harder punishment because you can 0-death fox. Not so much the case in Brawl :urg:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
The thing about fighting MK is being pateint... Which isn't the way that people want to play ANY FIGHTING GAME. In the End this game wasn't even meant to b a competitive game N E wayz

OverLade

Smash Hero
The thing about fighting MK is being pateint... Which isn't the way that people want to play ANY FIGHTING GAME. In the End this game wasn't even meant to b a competitive game N E wayz
Thing is, MK can always outgay any character.

If you camp, I can camp and outgay you. If you don't approach, I wont either, since I'll probably have a stock percentage anyway.

Most top MK players don't even play gay, but they could play even gayer and **** even harder if they didn't have some respect for the game....

That's why MK is too good. Even when he's not as his most lethal he's still pretty much unbeatable.

bigserg

Smash Apprentice
if it isn't for the gay ledging, Bowser doesn't have a hard time against MK. On land Im willing to say that Bowser is 50-50 against MK. Bowser has range, power, can grap-release to killing moves, and it's hard to kill Bowser anyway. But once Bowser offtage, Good Luck.

CO18

Smash Hero
if it isn't for the gay ledging, Bowser doesn't have a hard time against MK. On land Im willing to say that Bowser is 50-50 against MK. Bowser has range, power, can grap-release to killing moves, and it's hard to kill Bowser anyway. But once Bowser offtage, Good Luck.
Bowser does do pretty well vs mk I dont think its 50-50 though, mks spacing is gay and you can still get gimped. Plus some stages just **** Bowser. I also wish up+b oos on mk's nado worked all the time. It MAY possibly be even on FD though.

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace
fd its a close match but bf is hell for bowser, same with lylet and smashville.

co18 i watched that block vid like 10 times in a row, lol

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
what about seasonal bans...like banning mk for a summer season..............

just a thought....then bringing him back for fall/winter

dont flame me

:074:

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace
i wouldnt say seasonal, id say we just need to have some tournys with mk banned, if FL starts doin this then maybe ppl will start likin it and mk could eventually get banned

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
i wouldnt say seasonal, id say we just need to have some tournys with mk banned, if FL starts doin this then maybe ppl will start likin it and mk could eventually get banned
i'd gladly host an mk banned tourney,
not just cause i hate him or anything, i do play him lol

but to see how it would go, if people enjoy it.
blahblahblah

yannoe

nevershootme

Smash Master
I would say a mixed bag of people host alternating tournies with mk banned or not (a la a bi-weekly or such). not just 100% banned period at this rate of who the **** cares deciding on him perma banned or not. seasonal isn't feasible since it's a 4 month span

edit: and throw in some brawl+ tournies, too bad 75% of FL doesn't seem to be interested in it

edit again: who's gonna cast the 1st stone on the banned tournament

Top Bottom