• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

OverLade

Smash Hero
To heck with tornado, that stuff should have been surpassed a long time ago. It's good for damage here and there but I find tornadoes to be easily punished now. The second you punish Marth for tornado once the Marth should begin defending for tornado's, it's an adapting situation.

Look a smart Marth can make way. I could give two ***** if you guys don't believe me I'm picking up Marth anyway for the next tourney to handle chaingrabbing Pikachuz. And I'll play Marth against all MKz. The character comes naturally to me anyway since I use to main him in Melee, and I have a good idea of what his style is like so it won't be long till I'll be using him as a solid secondary with MK.
Not exactly because MK has far more options than Marth.

If Marth so much as Jumps MK already two options that beat almost all of Marths.

He can dash attack, shield, and either UpB OOS, or block an attack followed by Nair. If Marth fairs in anticipation of a Dash MK can tornado and it'll eat Marth's fair.

So basically. Marth can't approach, but doesnt have a good defense either.....Sounds pretty bad to me.

We can MM MK vs. Marth next tournament I'm at if you'd like personal experience.

Equi

Smash Ace
Not exactly because MK has far more options than Marth.

If Marth so much as Jumps MK already two options that beat almost all of Marths.

He can dash attack, shield, and either UpB OOS, or block an attack followed by Nair. If Marth fairs in anticipation of a Dash MK can tornado and it'll eat Marth's fair.

So basically. Marth can't approach, but doesnt have a good defense either.....Sounds pretty bad to me.

We can MM MK vs. Marth next tournament I'm at if you'd like personal experience.
Sounds good to me. As soon as I learn the character.

Equi

Smash Ace
my marth was terrible when you fought me though...i played against equi much smarter plus it was tourney so i played differently
Exactly. I seriously could not get inside you. And I was MK, of course i wasn't a great MK as it was rusty but nonetheless you countered everything I did. I dash attacked you shield sword danced the other end, I ftilt you, you up b'd out of it. Hell you even countered.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Max, you must realize this.

This isnt melee.

Brawls entire metagame has almost been completed. If nothing happens it will become this. Certain characters with elite players will be making top 20 look funny but the gap will never ever be closed.

What else in brawl might be discovered?...nothing. Now its just evolving the meta game...personally, its done.

You know, only reason now is that I just wanna catch up to Boss's skill level, than become as good or better than Lou in teams one day(same with boss, im to inconsistent an mentally fragile to be at their level)

After this, Im quitting the game, an going strictly melee.

Release grabs also have to go, along with infinites.

lol, ughh...Yea, Nick, remember, just watching Neo lose to Infinity was painful.

OverLade

Smash Hero
my marth was terrible when you fought me though...i played against equi much smarter plus it was tourney so i played differently
Alright but I normally don't even play very gay. I could show you why the matchup is rediculously bad if I honestly could avoid killing myself from playing so gay.

Mk can approach marth, but Marth can't approach MK. If MK gets a lead, Marth can't win if the MK knows how to play the matchup.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
people are getting the mk is broken mixed up. the way m2k and seibrik use mk issnt anywhere near broken. the i get the lead let me dair camp u mk IS THE MK THAT WE ALL WANNA BAN. if eveyrone played mk normally in other words like it a fighting game he wouldnt be anywhere being banned. the camping mk is wat makes a lesser skileld player wins amtches vs more skilled players usaully only cuz the smarter player isnt exp vs it. its beatable but it takes away competitiveness. i exp it for the first time vs red halberd yet it was gay and unmanly but its beatable.

excellecnt example of a ****ty player doing too good with mk. INUI. that ***** is a dumb as rock and whn it comes to tryign to give a point he's like a ******** child in a wheelchair with down syndrome. 1+1= PEN1S. INUI LOGIC

Equi

Smash Ace
Looking back on that hrnut match there were TONS of options I missed Then again I had been playing Wolf the whole tournament so my MK was not ready. The fthrow spike thing discouraged me.

Still nonetheless a good example of what a smart spacing/patient Marth can do against MK.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
chopz makes quite a valid point, however the mk that m2k plays is near unbeatable because everytime someone finds something to counter mk he finds a way to counter them back...

the problem boils down to the fact that a perfect mk is near unbeatable and that mk will always have the edge in a smart players hand so if equally smart players play mk vs (insert character) chances are mk will win if the other person is smarter they may still lose due to the matchup...

it boils down to no one can play characters that they want to play because they have to eventually play someone to counter mk (or mk) because of how unlikely it is that they place well if they find mk whe i fought CO18 this past tourney i was sure i could beat him on brinstar or norfair using mk but i refused to use him so i lost the last match of five...i'm pretty sure my chances of winning would have been greater had i played mk vs him

@equi

yeah i saw that too, point i was trying to make was that marth can do it but its hard i barely won but mk needs to be banned because when you lost with your character you went to mk which many people will continue to do...you did much better with mk because he was mk not because you knew the match

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Snake elam, has a chance. Like when nick beat teh Spammer...

But, what about the 33 other chars? 34>?....

COs D3 does work but gets out gayed eventually.

Its the fact that other than 5 characters, the others have no chance whats so ever. No chance.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
m2k i unbeatable not cuz of his mk its HIM lol he ha top player mind combined with so much exp. its def not the way he plays mk that makes him win(prlly gives him a slight advantage that he uses mk though). he could main snake and still destroy everyone. he finds a way to counter them back AKA adaption superior player lol

excellent example of a ****ty player doing too good with mk. INUI. that ***** is a dumb as rock and whn it comes to tryign to give a point he's like a ******** child in a wheelchair with down syndrome. 1+1= PEN1S. INUI LOGIC

polmex - ??? i already said he had a chance lol

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
i'd just love to see m2k win a 140+ tourney with all snake or Zss or luigi or yoshi and i'll believe that its very possible to do as well without mk. i am not denying his smart just saying that he'd have a much harder time with less options

Life After Death

Smash Champion
he can easily win snake most likely. but iono bout the other characters. same for zss. to this daet tis proven m2k can easily win no matter wat charactters(winnable characters not low tiers). proof? he dominates melee and brawl(dominates brawl easily) lol so like w/e logic or point u throw bout m2k is automatically instantly rejected lol. that logic fails.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
just saying if he played with a character such as snake/D3/Falco he'd have a much harder time because they have some dumb matchups, however mk lacks any disadvantageous or even matchups....i do believe he'd do well but if he fought the other top mks in the nation i dont think he'd win the tourney

MnM

Smash Journeyman
M2K is really good and he'd be good with any character. But the fact that he mains MK makes it even more difficult to beat him. I mean come on now. The perfect mind + the perfect character=game over.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
I agree....i dare him to go all snake, flaco, or D3...

Maybe RoB, Luigi, GaW....Wario....

100+ with good players, he wonts surpass top 5.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
with snake he WONT have a much harder time lol. maybe if he used yoshi lol yea but ur logic fails thoygh it has no proof wat so ever. ur logic is imposible. the only thing that i true bout ur logic is yes he'll have ahrder time. but hed still be the best. AND he dominates MELEE which has more skiled players more top players even harder to win. while brawl has a bunch of new player barely any of them are melee pros most of them are new school pros. its easy to understand why m2k adapts to them so eaisly he's used to top players in mele who been playing for years and been top pros for years. ur logic makes no sense at all. the kid is just superior to most of the the brawl pros.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
that exactly my point MnM mk is too perfect and in the hands of the smartest player unbeatable....in melee fox isn't perfect so he can and does get owned an example is fights of (mango and im pretty sure others have owned him before)

so chops do you think with more experience and time top brawl pros will be able to take down m2k?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I use other characters in Melee, and I'm good with a lot of them: Sheik, Marth, Fox, Falcon, Peach, among others I'm really really good with. I play them because they are fun to use. To me, Brawl isn't very fun without using MK, which is why I've only been using him since like just after FAST1. The fact that MK physically fights you without needing or being encouraged to projectile camping (a reason that I won't use Pit but would have otherwise, same with Diddy if bananas weren't pretty much necessary) as well as being ENCOURAGED to approach in teams (which is why teams > singles in brawl) makes the game fun to me. If it wasn't for MK I wouldn't enjoy the game. I enjoy Melee a lot unless I'm fighting Jigglypuff, because I can't combo her, gimp her, I'm almost forced to camp her if I want to do good, and it's just not fun for me nor suits my preferred style at all.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
it was only a matter of time you would come in here with all the m2k talk lol

but honestly speaking do you not think you would have a much harder time vs top mks if you played falco or d3 excusively?

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
<waves hi to everyone>

I love how much Florida hates me, especially HRNut :)

I JV 3 stocked Neo in game 1 because he was playing on a predictable pattern that I can still describe to you today. He also gave me the ledge every single time he had me off stage and the ledge is Marth's strongest area. Oh, and I saw someone say that we went to game 3, that's completely untrue. We played 2 games on Smashville and I won both. I don't care how painful it was to watch, what you watched was me exploiting his strategy and thus outplaying him. Clearly he's the better player, right?

If you think I'm worth a bad reputation then ask anyone that's outside of Florida how friendly I am. And if you think I'm a bad player then ask anyone who was watching how my set against Mew2King went at Whobo :)

And I have absolutely no problem with Neo as a person, the dude was one of the coolest cats I met when I was up there. HRNut seemed like a pretty cool guy up until after the tournament and even had a great deal of respect for him as a player, but now I'm being trash talked behind my back just because he lost the set to me. I'm not a bad player dude, I don't understand why you guys are running around trying to make me sound like I'm awful at this game when I've proven otherwise time and again.

Oh well, I guess you'll get another shot at Genesis won't you? Looking forward to it dude, should be another good set :)

Infinity out~

Life After Death

Smash Champion
he wont win a tourney without Mk i bet my life on it.

I bet my life....
ur being stupid again lol. u need to be taught more psycology.

nick - yes any brawl player with alot of potential can get to that level. just gonna take a few years. i know certain brawl player with the potential to beat him now lol but i wont ay who ill sound too bias. no its not ally.

the current brawl pros arent nowhere near his exp and mind.

MnM

Smash Journeyman
M2K, we're not saying you pick MK to win. Just saying top smash player+ top character=good games. And chops yah M2k is good and he'd be good with almost every character. But, in brawl counters and tiers do matter. If you even the matchup then it'll come down to who's smarter. There are a few players who defy the tier list and do good though.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
<waves hi to everyone>

I love how much Florida hates me, especially HRNut :)

I JV 3 stocked Neo in game 1 because he was playing on a predictable pattern that I can still describe to you today. He also gave me the ledge every single time he had me off stage and the ledge is Marth's strongest area. Oh, and I saw someone say that we went to game 3, that's completely untrue. We played 2 games on Smashville and I won both. I don't care how painful it was to watch, what you watched was me exploiting his strategy and thus outplaying him. Clearly he's the better player, right?

If you think I'm worth a bad reputation then ask anyone that's outside of Florida how friendly I am. And if you think I'm a bad player then ask anyone who was watching how my set against Mew2King went at Whobo :)

And I have absolutely no problem with Neo as a person, the dude was one of the coolest cats I met when I was up there. HRNut seemed like a pretty cool guy up until after the tournament and even had a great deal of respect for him as a player, but now I'm being trash talked behind my back just because he lost the set to me. I'm not a bad player dude, I don't understand why you guys are running around trying to make me sound like I'm awful at this game when I've proven otherwise time and again.

Oh well, I guess you'll get another shot at Genesis won't you? Looking forward to it dude, should be another good set :)

Infinity out~
I dont hate you i just hate the way you play (i hate the way seibrik plays, but i dont hate him), its your style of mk that makes people rage...you got the % lead vs me on battlefield and camped on the top platform (never experienced that before) and forced my approach instead of continuing to fight i think that you're good but i do think NEO if he used mk and had experience would've beaten you cuz he is smarter imo just uses a worst character than mk,

okay how about this you learn marth i'll learn mk if i go to genesis we'll do a set and chances are i'll win cuz i can and will fight gayly you may not play like that now but you played like that vs me and NEO

Life After Death

Smash Champion
M2K, we're not saying you pick MK to win. Just saying top smash player+ top character=good games. And chops yah M2k is good and he'd be good with almost every character. But, in brawl counters and tiers do matter. If you even the matchup then it'll come down to who's smarter. There are a few players who defy the tier list and do good though.
i know that u dont know where im coming from. I put in m2k is the best if he played another winnable character. hint hint. if he mained snake and seeing how ally destroys eveyrone but m2k. m2k being smarter and more exp than makes the results even stronger fro m2k lol

MnM

Smash Journeyman
aight I got you now. But still there would a slightly better chance of beating. idk someone should test this out.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I dont hate you i just hate the way you play (i hate the way seibrik plays, but i dont hate him), its your style of mk that makes people rage...you got the % lead vs me on battlefield and camped on the top platform (never experienced that before) and forced my approach instead of continuing to fight i think that you're good but i do think NEO if he used mk and had experience would've beaten you cuz he is smarter imo just uses a worst character than mk,

okay how about this you learn marth i'll learn mk if i go to genesis we'll do a set and chances are i'll win cuz i can and will fight gayly you may not play like that now but you played like that vs me and NEO
Oh ok, I gotcha :p

See, what's funny about my play style is I've heard so many mixed responses from people about it. You guys call me a turtle, yet others have told me about how they can't handle an aggressive Metaknight after they play me. Make up your minds pls :(

Oh, I'd love to play you again dude, I don't like playing as Marth though, he's boring to me =/ You can learn Metaknight and use him against my Kirby if you want. I dropped Metaknight for him :p

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
i agree with MnM that the chance of beating him would increase even if its slight if he used another character...ally almost lost to GDX in a MM but dumb stuff happened and we all know gdx isn't the best diddy but he had a much greater chance at beating the "best" snake than he would if he fought the best mk because of how the match is

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Oh ok, I gotcha :p

See, what's funny about my play style is I've heard so many mixed responses from people about it. You guys call me a turtle, yet others have told me about how they can't handle an aggressive Metaknight after they play me. Make up your minds pls :(

Oh, I'd love to play you again dude, I don't like playing as Marth though, he's boring to me =/ You can learn Metaknight and use him against my Kirby if you want. I dropped Metaknight for him :p
well its just a misunderstanding that i hate you i respect you as a player i do think that your good i'm not doubting that. i guess you just play differently vs different people is all and did you seriously dropped mk for kirby cuz i dropped marth (Old secondary) for kirby lol??

Top Bottom