• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

CO18

Smash Hero
Im pretty sure that small Fl gaming was the first time Ive played your snake in tourney and you did switch to mk after our 2nd match in losers finals afro
Ive mainly lost to your Mk and your wario I believe once maybe twice.
Not saying id be the best or anything but you cant front live ive been losing to your snake in tourney all this time most of your wins have been with mk.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Im pretty sure that small Fl gaming was the first time Ive played your snake in tourney and you did switch to mk after our 2nd match in losers finals afro
Ive mainly lost to your Mk and your wario I believe once maybe twice.
Not saying id be the best or anything but you cant front live ive been losing to your snake in tourney all this time most of your wins have been with mk.
Yeah because you counterpicked a gay stage...i beat your D3 on neutrals all day.

And hrnut last i checked MM's dont matter....He hasnt beaten me in tournament.
BUT if you wanna count MM's he's beaten me twice and i've beaten him like 6 or 7 times, + 3 or 4 if you add tourney matches.

Still saying he'd be the best in FL if mk was banned is stupid.

CO18

Smash Hero
m2k & cort did it, chu did it inui placed high, reflex placed high it just keeps happening
True though m2k+ cort was last july when Im pretty sure FL actually was bad overall lol.

Yeah chu did win and inui played high but we were missing alot of people/otheres experiementing such as chops using Mk like that gigs only had 60 People which included OOS then next gigs had 100.

Reflex is most likely always going to get Top3/4 Somehow though. Hes a Great player and top one overall. Him getting 3rd at our tourneys isn't really that bad. Seibrik and I have been beating him consistently. But we do have like 5 players that could potentially outplace him at a particular tourney even though hell probably place higher a majority of them.

CO18

Smash Hero
Yeah because you counterpicked a gay stage...i beat your D3 on neutrals all day.

And hrnut last i checked MM's dont matter....He hasnt beaten me in tournament.
BUT if you wanna count MM's he's beaten me twice and i've beaten him like 6 or 7 times, + 3 or 4 if you add tourney matches.
How is that? First mm I won 3-1 = me going to Delfino once so I still won on 2 stages that weren't delfino. 2nd set in our mms you won 3-1 and that was the time you beat me on Delfino and I won on a neutral.
Last set you won 3-2, I won on Delfino once and you CPed BF twice your best stage even after winning on it because some stuff seibrik said about it having to be "only the last stage you won on" which wasnt brought up until the last match which is sort of unfair even though I knew that wasnt true "No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players. " but its w/e.

Our first set in tourney you only won on one neutral. Then in losers finals I won the first match on smashville, then you won on BF then I cped Delfino and you went mk.

So makin up statements like you beat it on neutrals all day isnt true. You do win a great majority on BF specifically though. I think I only beat you once on that stage out of all our mms/tourney matches that day.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
i honestly do still think that afro is still the best (smartest) in the state regardless of tournament placing and the PRs

but i honestly could care less about being the best in the state as long as i don't choke when OoS arrive, i don't plan to lose to anymore kirbys (even chu) anymore with snake because i understand the match from kirbys PoV, i understand what makes the match hard lol

btw i didnt know MM didnt count lol

CO18

Smash Hero
i honestly do still think that afro is still the best (smartest) in the state regardless of tournament placing and the PRs

but i honestly could care less about being the best in the state as long as i don't choke when OoS arrive, i don't plan to lose to anymore kirbys (even chu) anymore with snake because i understand the match from kirbys PoV, i understand what makes the match hard lol

I agree , I think afro is the best/smartest in the state too Ive said it for awhile.

We got oos now.

AfroQT

Smash Master

they dont because when i DO MM people its to warm up to them for future playing....Not to actually win the MM...same with seibrik. Neither of us play like we would in tournament in MMs.

lol i suck my placings are horrible now.
But i dont play brawl...
Cant will till apex so its all done finally.

CO18

Smash Hero
Co18: There are different variations on Dave's Stupid Rule...you probably had a different idea, than Seibrik and Afro of which variation you guys were going by!!!

:colorful:
Oh alright I just never had heard that one before. Ive only known the SBR recommended ruleset at least for brawl(not sure if its the same for melee) which is that you cant cp a stage you've won on.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
they dont because when i DO MM people its to warm up to them for future playing....Not to actually win the MM...same with seibrik. Neither of us play like we would in tournament in MMs.

lol i suck my placings are horrible now.
But i dont play brawl...
Cant will till apex so its all done finally.
what'd you mean its all done you quitting?

your placings aren't horrible my placings are horrible lol

Life After Death

Smash Champion

lol ur being stupid. ur like one of the least trained apprentices u make some of the stupidest points. if ur logic is like that u might a well say colbol and queen should still be the best cuz they got the same mind level as afro lol. u must wisen up

OverLade

Smash Hero
I failed FL and lost to two OOS players at Tallahasee. With Afro quitting I have to step my game up.

That's my greatest concern ATM. But now I have no excuse not to do extremely well at FL only tournaments......

Life After Death

Smash Champion
u just need exp. the only people who should be able/might/can beat u is seibrik and afro lol hungry if he didnt use ddd vs mk maybe. theres literally no other play besides afro and seibrik that are that good as a player. hrnut/co18 being at ur level as a player too

Toneh

Smash Lord
u just need exp. the only people who should be able/might/can beat u is seibrik and afro lol hungry if he didnt use ddd vs mk maybe. theres literally no other play besides afro and seibrik that are that good as a player. hrnut/co18 being at ur level as a player too
where would you be at? you have a decent snake too. You pull off some crazy stuff sometimes lol

Life After Death

Smash Champion
mines is that of afro seibrik colbol queen linguini...... so u can say im capable of just getting used to all thebrawl players in the top 10 and easily beat em once i learn them but alot of them avoid me or sandbag me in friendlies like hrnut and redhalberd tried to do it. i dont count myself in cuz im almost done with smash and i sound too....annoying talking like that like inui...

my snake is decent overall i agree brawl wise though thats how good i am just decent overall

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i feel good knowing that ive never sandbagged sensei chops in friendlies.

although he may have sandbagged me :laugh:

OverLade

Smash Hero
mines is that of afro seibrik colbol queen linguini...... so u can say im capable of just getting used to all thebrawl players in the top 10 and easily beat em once i learn them but alot of them avoid me or sandbag me in friendlies like hrnut and redhalberd tried to do it. i dont count myself in cuz im almost done with smash and i sound too....annoying talking like that like inui...

my snake is decent overall i agree brawl wise though thats how good i am just decent overall
I didn't mean to sandbag you. I just play far gayer/safer in tournament just by nature because I'm afraid of making mistakes. All the stuff that "in theory" might work isn't necessarily worth it when you can't trade hits with Snake.

I dont try less, I just play differently because I assumed that you would play different in tournament as well like you did at gigs. =D

Life After Death

Smash Champion
u coulda beaten me at gigs if we didnt play friendlies though. hrnut def sandbags lol in friendlies i play bout the same depends on the player if i thin he's messing around i wont take it as seriously

OverLade

Smash Hero
u coulda beaten me at gigs if we didnt play friendlies though. hrnut def sandbags lol in friendlies i play bout the same depends on the player if i thin he's messing around i wont take it as seriously
True Hrnut also sandbagged me in friendlies. First match I 2 stocked him then 2nd match I was on the road to a 2 stock but he started trying and nearly won...

@Hrnut-I can't understand how you lose to random people randomly. Smartwise you should be able to beat a Bowser player simply by seeing his options and taking advantage of the fact that your character has more.

That's what I do with MK but when I'm playing a character that I have to completely rely on outsmarting/outplaying I can get stuck....at least for that set.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
its called lack of people and match up exp. lol its not hard ot see why he lost to serg. its the ame reaosn i lose to people besides seibrik and afro. hrnut hant been playing friendlies in a while. i just recently started. he's losing exp lil by lil andn ow he;ps noticing its effect

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Matt just go back to melee please...i dont wanna lose you, you can quit brawl but not smash baby please.

Melee baby we know you likes xD

Life After Death

Smash Champion
he aint quitting melee. its too fun to quit. it would make no sense for him to quit melee. HMM LET ME QUIT SOMETHING FUN. that logic wont work lol

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
i dont try to sandbag i just do...i actually have to try hard to sandbag, i noticed that i've sandbagged in tourney recently, i don't try to but i just do....i lose my drive to play midmatch if someone starts playing gay or if something gay happens...i need to break that though

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
i dont try to sandbag i just do...i actually have to try hard to sandbag, i noticed that i've sandbagged in tourney recently, i don't try to but i just do....i lose my drive to play midmatch if someone starts playing gay or if something gay happens...i need to break that though
This is Brawl... How do you EVER have motivation? Gay stuff happens all the time.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I can have patience knowing that I'm likely more patient than whoever I'm playing.....especially when I get a % lead. I dont try to camp but I just avoid taking unecessary risks.

Loss of drive is understandable though, it happens when I'm playing someone I dont feel like playing. When I sandbag it's more just going on Autopilot. I just dont think anything through and rush in hoping I get lucky.

I basically have 3 styles of playing.

Autopilot
Smart/aggressive
Baity/Smart

Between baity and aggressive some one may not work in a certain matchup and another might. That's something I had to learn through matchup experience.

Top Bottom