• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Man up and pick up a character that can actually beat MK is my advice.

But I still think the metagame would be less metagay if it had less metaplayed.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I feel that I'd only be for banning metaknight, IF we also banned Dedede and Snake!!!

They pretty much are the trinity at the top, with each beating each other (though I know meta has the least disadvantages), while being a step above everyone else by quite a bit!!!

Would there be a clear cut top without those 3???

I think it would be fairly balanced!!!

:colorful:

Life After Death

Smash Champion
when snake is banned is when i retire brawl(even though im retiring anyway) so will afro. every character i dull lol just like brawl. thing is snake is not broken he's just top tier. u can actually punish all his attacks

OverLade

Smash Hero
when snake is banned is when i retire brawl(even though im retiring anyway) so will afro. every character i dull lol just like brawl. thing is snake is not broken he's just top tier. u can actually punish all his attacks
I feel that I'd only be for banning metaknight, IF we also banned Dedede and Snake!!!
Snake is actually hard to legitly use, and can still be beaten by almost any character. Ally ***** people because he's a smart player but even then he still has very close matches with various players of various characters. Dedede ***** most low tier characters, but most top tiers have at least an even or better matchup with him, which is why he shouldn't be banned.

MK is the only character in a tier of his own.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Wario Snake Falco G+W Diddy... Pikachu Kirby...... ZSS Olimar Yoshi

ehhh maybe a really good Lucas, Peach, Zelda, or Bowser.

It's not that characters cant beat MK. It's that scrubs can't beat MK.

Get better guys!!

Master Raven

Smash Master
Hypothetically speaking, perhaps we should eventually just alternate between MK and no MK tournies? MK is one of those weird characters that border the line between broken and... not quite broken at the same time.

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
all in favor of a temporary ban, what exactly are u looking for during this test session of no MK? u just say, "lets ban him for a month and see what happens"

what exactly do u wanna see happen? what is gonna determine if the ban is the right idea? u placing?

OverLade

Smash Hero
all in favor of a temporary ban, what exactly are u looking for during this test session of no MK? u just say, "lets ban him for a month and see what happens"

what exactly do u wanna see happen? what is gonna determine if the ban is the right idea? u placing?
DAMMMNNNNNN.

Petey with the undeniable logic....without even making a statement.

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace
yea im think im backin out of the mk ban now, if hes so broken then he would have been gone by now. i dont even think ima vote.

if hes gone then hes gone.

if he stays then i keep my main

CO18

Smash Hero
Theres no reason to ban mk in Florida lol if theres no nationwide ban. He doesnt dominate Fl, only person is seibrik but he was still getting top 2 when he mained D3.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Theres no reason to ban mk in Florida lol if theres no nationwide ban. He doesnt dominate Fl, only person is seibrik but he was still getting top 2 when he mained D3.
This.
By the way, why don't we have a overrun of Metaknights?
Texas and New Jersey is over run, and they also have the world's best Metaknight players (maybe because they have the best experience with Metaknight's worst matchup lol). Could it be that in the midst of so many Metaknights, player's are having to choose metaknight to stand a chance? Since no sizable CP exist?

Master Raven

Smash Master
I'll ****ing die if the metagame winds up revolving around a fatass plumber waving around in the air for 8 minutes vs some Melee reject.

manofgames4555

Smash Journeyman
Wario Snake Falco G+W Diddy... Pikachu Kirby...... ZSS Olimar Yoshi

ehhh maybe a really good Lucas, Peach, Zelda, or Bowser.

It's not that characters cant beat MK. It's that scrubs can't beat MK.

Get better guys!!
Truth is spoken here, and it is a truth hard to read.

PS. I am taking a break.

AfroQT

Smash Master
LOL saying im not gonna quit is ********.
i've ALREADY quit..when was the last gigs you saw me at?

The only reason i went to tally is because i promised I would and melee....
Im not going to the next gigs (this saturday)

Only reason im going to apex is cuz my plane ticket was bought long ago. After that im done. Melee is the only game im gonna play and im not gonna travel far for it. You might see me at Guilty Gear or SF4 tourneys...

Most of the time people quit smash and have nothing else to do (competitive wise) so they go back. I have plenty of other games i plan on playing competitively, all about 100% less frustrating (and 100% more balanced) then brawl.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I think that the West coast best reflects what the metagame is going to look like except they have no Snakes over there due to Falco players. MK/Snake/Wario/Falco/Diddy. Which actually isnt that bad. Its no worse than Melees placeable characters, and there are a handful of characters that can perform somewhat well besides these.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
Only reason im going to apex is cuz my plane ticket was bought long ago. After that im done. Melee is the only game im gonna play and im not gonna travel far for it. You might see me at Guilty Gear or SF4 tourneys...
I just got into Guilty Gear.. and it's amazing.

Top Bottom