• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAST 1 - Orlando, FL - Jul 17-20, 08 Thanks to everyone who came!!

Sworddancer9034

Smash Apprentice
I couldn't come today, oh wellz. I'm still coming Friday-Sunday though!

Also good luck Fl. Someone from Fl better place first in all of this or else I'm moving.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
This is boring, and there aren't that many people right now. (WiFi here, apparently.)

Needs more N64 setups.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
This is gonna be one hell of a tournament. Florida will win both brawl tournaments, and M2K will win both melee tournaments (unless he plays me of course)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'm saddened that my friends were too scared of playing good people in smash that they opt'd to go to metrocon this weekend, so that's where i will be. I'll be thinking of FAST all weekend. gl, hf, and post LOTS of videos so i can feel worse about going to tampa instead of orlando
metrocon is this weekend? lol, i had no idea. o well

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
This is gonna be one hell of a tournament. Florida will win both brawl tournaments, and M2K will win both melee tournaments (unless he plays me of course)
id put money on m2k winning every melee/brawl event, and possibly n64. who knows, its m2k

Frames

DI
Doubles finished a while back, we're gonna start crews soon.

1: Super Metroid Redesign is the longest game ever made (M2k + Cort)
2: Shiz in a box (DaShizWiz + Hungrybox)
3: Tim on Top (Swift + Eggm)
4: ***** **** (Xelic + Caveman)
5: Keep Sleepin (KeepSpeedN + SOFT)
5: Thunderskulltip (QDVS + RockCrock)
7: Sword of DK (Jesus freak + rayzorium)
7: Thunder Cougar Falcon Bird - ENGAGE!!! (Colbol + Lambchops)
9: Close to the edge (Linguini + Green Mario)
9: None12 (DoH + ARC)
9: Fire beats ice (DJ Nintendo + PB&J)
9: Pokerface Frank and Whoevers (Zig-Zag! + Random)
13: Needle in a Pillstack (Smashmac + Inui)
13: TNT (OTRU + Skrach)
13: HY5 (Hylian + Jesse)
13: **** Clubbin (Full Metal + Everlasting yayuhzz)
17: Blender cats (fluffyf + exarch)
17: Metal Phobia (Marin + Zoro)
17: The Jason Zimmerman fan club (C@sh Mooney + festizzio)
17: We **** Jigglypuff (Captain Crunch + Dark Sonic)
17: Burglealerlar (Aarow + Chexr)
17: Scrub Tactics (Finch + Garbanzo)
17: Apollo Racer (Raistlin + Apollo)
17: Team America (chaddd + c.......)
25: Ridiculous Babies (rx- + bossmagnet)
25: CP9 (forkgirl + essence)
25: SmashPR (DSL + ExcelZero)
25: Super Smash Bros. RPG (Alpha + Nice1)
25: Youtube Tactics (Genoblast + SamDvDs)
25: Ben+Jerry's Ice Cream (dyse + maverick heero)

Big_R

Smash Champion
one of these days shiz and speedn will team and it will be epic. didnt even know cort was goin tho. this looks like a blast...:(

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
mango your mad mean >_> thats y my tag is better then yours and mine sucks LOL

gj m2k and cort on first also eggm and swift on third

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
So What's the turnout?
I'm going for Brawl, but are we seeing lots of people there?

I hope so....

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
@ Orion: We recorded winners and grand finals in pretty decent quality. It will be on YouTube sooner or later.

a note about pot payout:

Frame is not trying to steal your money. He is actually not making ANY money off of this.

The prizes are based on the normal entry fee, not including the door fee, and not including the late fee.

The normal entry fee for Melee Doubles is $10 per person, just like in a normal tournament.

The layout of the $60 all-events pack is:

$15 Melee Singles
$10 Melee Doubles
$15 Brawl Singles
$10 Brawl Doubles
$10 Door Fee.

If you payed for only Melee, or Only Brawl, you payed the door fee twice, so you payed $45.

$15 Brawl Singles
$10 Door Fee
$10 Brawl Doubles
$10 Door Fee

And if you payed the late registration fee, you're basically helping pay the overall cost of the venue with the extra money.

A simple way to look at it is like this:

Frames chose the cheapest possible venue by far; his other choices were $4000 for on-campus at UCF, or $5000 a DAY for a conference room in a hotel.

The cost for the YMCA was only $2700.

At $10 a person, the tournament would have to have 270 people to cover the cost of the venue.

That is why money from late registrations, and money from people who only entered 1 or 2 events instead of the full registration pack needs to go towards the venue fee, or else Frames would be losing close to $1500.

Melee doubles had ~30 teams, and @ $20 a team, the total pot was ~$600.

If anyone else thinks that Frames is trying to pocket money because the payouts seemed low, you can talk to me about it, and I will be happy to explain it all.

One more note: Money from shirt sales did not/will not go towards the venue fee. The shirts cost $8 a piece for us to make, and we are selling them at $10 a piece, meaning we are making less than $60 on them. (We are only selling like 28 shirts. This money was less than what it cost to buy the microphone that was used for announcements.

Feel free to come talk to me at the tournament, or PM me, or call me 321-604-8717, or anything you'd like if you have any questions.

Finch

Smash Lord
Winners finals was incredibly exciting. Losers was fun just to see shiz and hungry raaaaaaaaaaape. Grand finals was boring and no one cheered. m2k and cort 3-0 ed them. See everyone there tomorrow!

Also impromptu dancing is too good.

edit: I left early because regional crews didn't happen and frames said no one wanted to pay for 4-6 man crews so I figured no one would take it seriously and it wouldn't be exciting :ohwell:

Top Bottom