• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAST 1 - Orlando, FL - Jul 17-20, 08 Thanks to everyone who came!!

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
So it just occured to me that since this is being held at a YMCA theres gonna be gymnasiums and such. See the thing is, a bunch of us in south florida play dodgeball every saturday night at midnight. So we have a whole crap load of dodgeballs in the trunks of our cars.

Now what Im curious to is would we be allowed to get some games going if enough people are interested? We have the balls just figure wed leave them in there to get some smasher dodgeball going on. Have a little more fun at this tournament :D

Lemme know what you guys think or if this would even be possible to do since ive never been to the venue.

Gindler

Smash Champion
mango your mad mean >_> thats y my tag is better then yours and mine sucks LOL

gj m2k and cort on first also eggm and swift on third
eggm and swift? who and who? Wow, I guess I don't know alot of the "pro" smashers (I put the "'s cause I'm not sure what you guys like to be referred to as, BAMF maybe idk)

Oh and will any of these be on youtube soon? that way it will be like I was there :chuckle:

Matt2

Smash Cadet
Hey I need a brawls partner bad!!! I main snake

If anyone needs a partner still PM me or message on AIM @ Blink182tom3

thanks,
Matt2

Raistlin

Smash Lord
@ Orion: We recorded winners and grand finals in pretty decent quality. It will be on YouTube sooner or later.

a note about pot payout:

Frame is not trying to steal your money. He is actually not making ANY money off of this.

The prizes are based on the normal entry fee, not including the door fee, and not including the late fee.

The normal entry fee for Melee Doubles is $10 per person, just like in a normal tournament.

The layout of the $60 all-events pack is:

$15 Melee Singles
$10 Melee Doubles
$15 Brawl Singles
$10 Brawl Doubles
$10 Door Fee.

If you payed for only Melee, or Only Brawl, you payed the door fee twice, so you payed $45.

$15 Brawl Singles
$10 Door Fee
$10 Brawl Doubles
$10 Door Fee

And if you payed the late registration fee, you're basically helping pay the overall cost of the venue with the extra money.

A simple way to look at it is like this:

Frames chose the cheapest possible venue by far; his other choices were $4000 for on-campus at UCF, or $5000 a DAY for a conference room in a hotel.

The cost for the YMCA was only $2700.

At $10 a person, the tournament would have to have 270 people to cover the cost of the venue.

That is why money from late registrations, and money from people who only entered 1 or 2 events instead of the full registration pack needs to go towards the venue fee, or else Frames would be losing close to $1500.

Melee doubles had ~30 teams, and @ $20 a team, the total pot was ~$600.

If anyone else thinks that Frames is trying to pocket money because the payouts seemed low, you can talk to me about it, and I will be happy to explain it all.

One more note: Money from shirt sales did not/will not go towards the venue fee. The shirts cost $8 a piece for us to make, and we are selling them at $10 a piece, meaning we are making less than $60 on them. (We are only selling like 28 shirts. This money was less than what it cost to buy the microphone that was used for announcements.

Feel free to come talk to me at the tournament, or PM me, or call me 321-604-8717, or anything you'd like if you have any questions.
<3 Rx- and his wrestling descriptions.

Come On Cash Mooney You Got This ****!
Mooney took on M2K and Cort in Grand Finals by himself. The only reason he lost is because he decided to play with one hand.

Renth

Smash Hero
Can't believe i didn't say this sooner!

Swiftbass! ... or Fast-Fish whateve.

Good work man I haven't seen you in so long keep up the good work.

p.s. hungrybox housing is all about respect don't get any? they sleep in the car.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Renth speaks truth.

Also, I hate to say this, but Sly, the tourney is HAPPENING in the gym, so dodgeballe would destroy stuff. : /

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I agree that Batman was AMAZING!!!!!!!! There isn't even a word to describe how awesome it was.

Joker = genius.

Frames

DI
Needle of Juntah still needs a partner for brawl. He's a really good g&w, best in his state, and he's looking for a good partner.

If there are any good people who still need a partner, post!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Needle of Juntah still needs a partner for brawl. He's a really good g&w, best in his state, and he's looking for a good partner.

If there are any good people who still need a partner, post!
wasnt Rx- supposed to team with him?

Matt2

Smash Cadet
hey frames ill partner with Needle of Juntah if he wants, ill be there tomarrow have you or him pm me or hit me on aim : blink182tom3

thanks

I play snake btw

Matt2

Smash Cadet
blah >,> I'll be at the venue when it opens tomarrow so I can hopefully find a partner before registration closes, once again if anyones interested just pm or post

thanks

Top Bottom