• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAST 1 - Orlando, FL - Jul 17-20, 08 Thanks to everyone who came!!

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
am i the only one thinking the obvious???

POST THE VIDEOS!!!

I hear this is new school Bombsoldier vs Ken? Smash history?!

crank it thru movie maker and youtube that! 30 minutes max for the work, 2 hours max to wait for youtube.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Anyone who is disappointed with the melee turnout or anything so far was not honest with themselves when they left for this tournament in the first place.

If you evaluated the prereg list, and understood that most of the people who did not register were not going to come, immediately you knew the turnout was going to be half of that number. And lets be honest, Orlando is much too far from the middle of the country to attract much OOS interest. The OOSers we had were the ones who believed this was really going to be the substitute for FC, but had they looked at the rest of the OOS interest from the Prereg list, they could have figured this out for themselves. The biggest tipoff for me was when most of the top Atl South guys said they weren't coming. We had maybe 3 or 4 Atl South not from GA or FL there.

The other thing which was missed was some sort of understanding that the crowd was going to be for the Brawl days. The people coming for brawl were not going to enter melee, given double the reason because melee was on weekdays. If there has been any attention paid to the number of new brawl players who treat melee like a disease this would have been foreseen.

On our way to the tournament, before pulling in, I told Fred that I didn't expect this tournament to be anywhere near what the prereg list said. Upon asking how big the tourney would be I estimated 70-80. There should be NO hate or disappointment with the way this tournament turned out.

This tournament was very elite. Every single person had a somewhat difficult pool, and a difficult bracket, at least as far as I could tell. There were also no horrible players there, no foxes spamming dash attack like what I faced in GA. The matches were amazing, M2k vs Shiz really is the new BS vs Ken. Even lame losers bracket matches for 17th place like me vs Green Mario were very close and entertaining (or so I concluded from the large crowd behind us). If you can't value the level of smash you got to play for the past two days, and are only looking for numbers, you might as well be a brawl player.

The tournament was very well run, it finished early both days, and there were a ton of friendlies to be had with very skilled players in the mean time. Anyone disappointed is hating for no other reason than they weren't realistic with themselves when they left their house.

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
am i the only one thinking the obvious???

POST THE VIDEOS!!!

I hear this is new school Bombsoldier vs Ken? Smash history?!

crank it thru movie maker and youtube that! 30 minutes max for the work, 2 hours max to wait for youtube.
Agreed!
Take a bit of the free time and upload a vid or two!

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
Quick question:

It seems even if the matches end early, everyone plans on staying until later at original closing time 11 anyways for friendlies? Is that how it's been the last few days?

Just curious as I'm coming for Brawl singles Sunday and trying to see what all I'm doing that day. If you are all staying, then heck yea. I could use some offline matches.

Neverender

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who is disappointed with the melee turnout or anything so far was not honest with themselves when they left for this tournament in the first place.

If you evaluated the prereg list, and understood that most of the people who did not register were not going to come, immediately you knew the turnout was going to be half of that number. And lets be honest, Orlando is much too far from the middle of the country to attract much OOS interest. The OOSers we had were the ones who believed this was really going to be the substitute for FC, but had they looked at the rest of the OOS interest from the Prereg list, they could have figured this out for themselves. The biggest tipoff for me was when most of the top Atl South guys said they weren't coming. We had maybe 3 or 4 Atl South not from GA or FL there.

The other thing which was missed was some sort of understanding that the crowd was going to be for the Brawl days. The people coming for brawl were not going to enter melee, given double the reason because melee was on weekdays. If there has been any attention paid to the number of new brawl players who treat melee like a disease this would have been foreseen.

On our way to the tournament, before pulling in, I told Fred that I didn't expect this tournament to be anywhere near what the prereg list said. Upon asking how big the tourney would be I estimated 70-80. There should be NO hate or disappointment with the way this tournament turned out.

This tournament was very elite. Every single person had a somewhat difficult pool, and a difficult bracket, at least as far as I could tell. There were also no horrible players there, no foxes spamming dash attack like what I faced in GA. The matches were amazing, M2k vs Shiz really is the new BS vs Ken. Even lame losers bracket matches for 17th place like me vs Green Mario were very close and entertaining (or so I concluded from the large crowd behind us). If you can't value the level of smash you got to play for the past two days, and are only looking for numbers, you might as well be a brawl player.

The tournament was very well run, it finished early both days, and there were a ton of friendlies to be had with very skilled players in the mean time. Anyone disappointed is hating for no other reason than they weren't realistic with themselves when they left their house.

Yeah this was my first tourny. My pool was with Eggm, Esam, RockCrock, DJ Chidori(he left before i fought he was the only one i had a chance against >.>), Derf and others. I didnt win a match but hey, it was a great learning experience. I was glad i wasnt in my buddy purps pool which had M2K, Zig-Zag, Chaddd, Zoro and alot of other people. Pretty much all of the pools were diffucult.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
cort just texted me, M2k and cort won, somebody beat them in winners final but then they 6-0'd them after LOL

edit if m2k and cort get 2nd and 1st in brawl singles, flordia should just hand over the deed of the state to them

Frames

DI
Barlw doubles are over, here are the full results.

1: m2cort vs super metroid against the bar dynasty (M2K + Cort) (MK/Snake)
2: Rxyz- (Rx- + xYz) (MK/G&W)
3: Quicksilver Rx- I love (Afro thunder + linguini) (Snake/DK)
4: Dr. Pepper tastes better than Hylians ex girlfriend (get with it) (Gmoney + Hylian) (MK/G&W)
5: Team Puerto Rico (DSL + ExcelZero) (Snake/ROB)
5: Grab Rest (cDoc + Chaz) (Pit/Marth)
7: Quarter Second Lag (Pierre + Lee) (Lucas/Marth/MK)
7: African american homosexual (Desu + Yayuhzz) (Dedede/MK/Snake)
9: nice1 should be on the mid-south power rankings (Nice1 + Reflex) (Snake/Wario)
9: **** Salad (Colbol + Lambchops) (Dedede/Snake)
9: Sui-Die (bonesaw + tommy g) (MK/Falco)
9: Inui+dmbrandon (Inui + dmbrandon) (Snake/Marth/MK)
13: Team Ditched (Garbanzo + OTRU) (Snake/MK)
13: Next time on Dragon Nut Z (GDX + Hrnut) (Diddy/Marth/Snake/MK)
13: Zig-Zag! Sucks (Zig-Zag! + Biglou) (???)
13: Broken Watches (Needle of Juntah + PB&J) (G&W/ICs/G&W)
17: E-Riddle (Nick Riddle + ESAM) (ZSS/Pikachu)
17: Mamhalberd (Redhalberd + Mampam)
17: KFC Warriors (AtotheZ + Lichodust)
17: Thor+Loki (Thor + Loki)
17: Marshall U Rep (Snad + MBVRG)
17: Sexy Infinite Dimensional Chocolate Cape (Fearless + Loto)
17: Just Warming up for singles (Bozzar + Loki)
17: Team SACS (Seibrik + Equi)
25: Quantum eclipse (Tidus + Jay)
25: Everyone (C@sh Mooney + Finch)
25: BRB Ice Cream (Ryuu + Fuzz)
25: Burgulurgulugr (Smashguy + Chexr)
25: Team **** (PolMex23 + JT)
25: My **** tastes Gmoney (Sly + Riot)
25: Piranhas on an escalator (Raistlin + Apollo)
25: Cereal Box (Captain crunch + hungrybox)
33: Team Green (Guyingreen + Chaddly)
33: Rock you like a hurricane (Slit + Eight)
33: Venom is gay for Eddie (Hunter + C-Hill)
33: Roe vs. Wade (Green Mario + Tim)
33: Love me some Lobstah (Fenrir VII + Angry Lobster)
33: Scandinavian Rattlesnakes (Dark Sonic + DJ Nintendo)
33: Team Radiance (HeRo! + ViRo?)
33: WeeG Board (Bruce + WeeG)
33: So Zeta Awesome (sky + leira)
33: Chaos Phobia (Kyon + Marin)
33: The Worst Character in the game (PRiDE + S(prin)kull(ce))
33: Team QQ (festizzio + galax1117)
33: Banana in a box (Matt2 + Adam)
49: Youtube Tactics (SamDVDs + GenoBlast)

Also, I would like to make one important announcement.

Today at the tournament, there was a theft.

We rented two rooms, the gymnasium where the tournament has been played, and a smaller room that was used for storage and potentially could be used for more setups (attendance hasn't been high enough so far to warrant it yet). In the smaller room, the YMCA kept several LCD and plasma televisions, as well as an XBOX 360 setup.

Sometime between 9PM last night and 2PM today, the XBOX 360 was stolen from that room, along with the game inside it, and 4 Wireless controllers.

Unfortunately, because we signed a contract, there is nothing we can do if the XBOX is not found, the police were here today and they said they couldn't do anything, we have to reimburse the YMCA for the XBOX, the game, and the controllers. That money will unfortunately come out of the pot because the director of the Y wants a new Xbox by tomorrow.

So,
1 XBOX 360 Pro - 299.99
4 Wireless controllers - 49.99(each)
1 NBA 2k8 game - 29.99

So yea, that sucks, but at least the smash today was fun. M2K+Cort are beast as usual, good **** Rx-/xYz for doing it BIG for FL.

See yous tomorrow, and we will start at 11 tomorrow, so that hopefully we can finish on time lol.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
wtf is wrong with people these days. It seems like at EVERY major tournament there's theft, ranging from the VLS catastrophe to little things like people losing their DS.

Congrats m2k and Cort. Go EC!
What characters did people in the top-10 use?

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
**** guys, sorry to hear about the theft. I know how that **** feels. The Smash community seems to be doing thsi kinda **** more often. It's pretty sad to see honestly.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
The theft sucks big time.

Anyways, I registered online and want to know when to be up there tomorrow, should I be there shortly before 11:00 or should I get there earlier?

Frames

DI
Characters added to results

Also Hbox got 1st in every event, even brawl singles which will happen tomorrow (yes, time-travel was involved).

Also, @ Rutger, try to be there a little earlier like 10 or 10:30.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
apparently shiz and THEN chops' falcos happened to him. Can't blame him for that.
No.. I do blame him, even in falco ditto, you must be the superior one, no johns!

**** guys, sorry to hear about the theft. I know how that **** feels. The Smash community seems to be doing thsi kinda **** more often. It's pretty sad to see honestly.
Well.. with the new Brawl community now, who the hell can you really trust, there will be 100 scrubs showing and doing their crap in the dark.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I am depressed with the Smash community lately. I mean honestly, how low do you have to be to outright steal a system like that? I can understand a mistaken person grabbing the wrong Wii or something, but this is ridiculous. I am ashamed to be in the same community as somebody like that.

...sigh....today was pretty depressing. I had a lot of fun teaming with AL and sucking. hehe

Just to clarify something, Tina, the lady in charge of the Y and the person who worked with us to get this venue, is amazing. To be honest, she could have stopped us today and not let us come back tomorrow....but no. She handled this amazingly well...basically told us what we have to do, and let this tournament continue for tomorrow. So if you guys see her tomorrow, SHOW RESPECT...she's awesome.

The tournament tomorrow is going to be REALLY fun...so please come and enjoy yourself. Work with us on timing and we'll get this done as the best tournament yet.

Much love to the real Smash community...those who know something about honor and integrity.

Much love to Thomas for his amazing post. <3

Frames

DI
No.. I do blame him, even in falco ditto, you must be the superior one, no johns!
Eggm was my fault, he got screwed over in the brackets, he played great but when you have to go against people so early, it sucks. He also had to play swift in losers which was really disappointing, and that was my fault too, no johns.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Eggm was my fault, he got screwed over in the brackets, he played great but when you have to go against people so early, it sucks. He also had to play swift in losers which was really disappointing, and that was my fault too, no johns.
That can't be... brackets form themselves depending on who you win or lose to, so he got unlucky i suppose, and had to face tough opponents, but if you are a true player than you are suppose to overcome anything right?

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
no pkmn trainer in doubles top 10?!?!...surprising.. >.> lol but it was expected..next time ill try and put em there myself..work sucks..

Kasht

Smash Cadet
Wanna give props to Frames for the tournaments so far. My team and I have had a great time here in Orlando.

I'll let Dark Soma(DSL) and Excel_Zero give the shout outs later, we just got back to the hotel and are extremely exhausted.

I do want to give shout outs to some of you guys now, and I'll continue later! ;)

M2K: Man you are good! We don't have a MK like that in PR, so now we need to go back and train against all that BS that somehow killed DSL's Snake @ 60% WTF!!! lol Ohh, and the formula for round robins is n(n-1)/2, where n is the number of entrants.

Cort: Although I didn't get a chance to talk to you, you seem pretty cool and chill. You and M2K as a team are beastly, you ***** my Team PR! I'll try to get them to go up there to a NE major or something. Hit me up on AIB, I think I'm in your friendlist LOL!

Rx & xYz: The Local Team!!! You guys repped, sorry things didn't go as well as you may have wanted. Solid team tho, keep it up and good luck in singles tomorrow!

Afro Thunder + linguini: THAT MATCH WAS EPIC!!! DK downB for the win! You guys are fun, I think you played my team a few times during friendlies, very impressive! Cya tomorrow.

HungryBox: You are awesome! Man, that match was intense! I didn't know you spoke Spanish, now I can't coach my boys! LOL!

I'll continue tomorrow cause I'm tired over here! Thanks to all that have been really nice to DSL, Excel_Zero, and myself. This is our first Brawl tournament outside of Puerto Rico, so I'm really happy to see that PR seems to be almost at the same level as US in SSBB. Lets see how singles go tomorrow! I'm rooting for my team.

PUERTO RICO FTR!!! ;)

Kasht
Team Puerto Rico!

P.S. To all the people wondering, I'm the guy walking around with a laptop, recording matches, and screaming in Spanish while DSL and Excel are playing. And yes, I'm loud, but I really don't give a ****! :p

Frames

DI
Hungrybox and Colbol also held an extra, free, melee singles tournament in the spare time of today's (brawl doubles), even though half the people that entered didn't even play their matches and so there were a lot of DQ's ;D It was also Single Elimination

1: Lambchops
2: Eggm
3: Needle of Juntah
3: DaShizWiz
5: Aarow
5: Colbol
5: Swift
5: Gage
9: moogle
9: Chexr
9: hungrybox
9: DJ Nintendo
9: KeepSpeedN
9: Marty
9: eliott
9: Dark Sonic
17: Seibrik
17: Random
17: Captain crunch
17: Bozzar
17: Green Mario
17: Zoro
17: Finch
17: SmashMac
17: DesertKing
17: Kyon
17: Reflex
17: Nice1
17: Yayhuzz
17: lamugi
17: LukeNessMonster
17: Linguini
33: Garbanzo
33: festizzio
33: OTRU
33: Christian
33: Marin
33: AfroThunda
33: dmbrandon
33: PB+J
33: Zig-Zag!
33: SpamX
33: Sworddancer
33: Siren
33: Rx-
33: ARC
33: ExcelZero
33: Dguy
33: dogysamich
33: Jesus Freak
33: SamDVDs
33: DSL
33: Slit
33: Inui
33: xYz
33: KurBay
33: Apollo
33: Tag
33: Rayzorium
33: C@sh Mooney
33: Sprinkles
33: Loki
33: galax1117
33: AngryLobster

LuigiMax

Smash Journeyman
Wanna give props to Frames for the tournaments so far. My team and I have had a great time here in Orlando.

I'll let Dark Soma(DSL) and Excel_Zero give the shout outs later, we just got back to the hotel and are extremely exhausted.

I do want to give shout outs to some of you guys now, and I'll continue later! ;)

M2K: Man you are good! We don't have a MK like that in PR, so now we need to go back and train against all that BS that somehow killed DSL's Snake @ 60% WTF!!! lol Ohh, and the formula for round robins is n(n-1)/2, where n is the number of entrants.

Cort: Although I didn't get a chance to talk to you, you seem pretty cool and chill. You and M2K as a team are beastly, you ***** my Team PR! I'll try to get them to go up there to a NE major or something. Hit me up on AIB, I think I'm in your friendlist LOL!

Rx & xYz: The Local Team!!! You guys repped, sorry things didn't go as well as you may have wanted. Solid team tho, keep it up and good luck in singles tomorrow!

Afro Thunder + linguini: THAT MATCH WAS EPIC!!! DK downB for the win! You guys are fun, I think you played my team a few times during friendlies, very impressive! Cya tomorrow.

HungryBox: You are awesome! Man, that match was intense! I didn't know you spoke Spanish, now I can't coach my boys! LOL!

I'll continue tomorrow cause I'm tired over here! Thanks to all that have been really nice to DSL, Excel_Zero, and myself. This is our first Brawl tournament outside of Puerto Rico, so I'm really happy to see that PR seems to be almost at the same level as US in SSBB. Lets see how singles go tomorrow! I'm rooting for my team.

PUERTO RICO FTR!!! ;)

Kasht
Team Puerto Rico!

P.S. To all the people wondering, I'm the guy walking around with a laptop, recording matches, and screaming in Spanish while DSL and Excel are playing. And yes, I'm loud, but I really don't give a ****! :p

Its really nice to know that Puerto Rico placed 5th in Brawl teams!!. I'm really proud of the Puertorrican team who went there and placed 5th cause i know it was nothing near easy.
Excel Zero and DSL, u guys are our puertorrican heroes and we are counting on u :D . Thanks to kasht for being there with the boys and i am jelous cause i wanted to go and at least watch :( . Hope u guys do even better in singles and see u all . US Smashers, u guys are amazing, keep up the good work :D

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
Yeah man the 51 state representing from the ISLAND hehehe. Congrats to everyone and my friends ZERO and DSL, Cant w8 to see the vids. cheke y exito manana en brawl singles

gallax

Smash Hero
hahahahah. i got 33rd place. i was too busy watching the finals to play melee. overall though, i loved it today. props to you frames and all those who were involved. this goes to you fenrir and qdvs, and boss magnet, and rx-. sorry if i forgot anyone.

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
Get there around 10-1030? I was gonna show up around 930, but I guess I'll sleep in a bit longer then.
Also, you mind if we bring friends/spectators/people not in tourney?

Top Bottom