• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAST 1 - Orlando, FL - Jul 17-20, 08 Thanks to everyone who came!!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
This tournament was very elite. Every single person had a somewhat difficult pool, and a difficult bracket, at least as far as I could tell. There were also no horrible players there, no foxes spamming dash attack like what I faced in GA.
Go easy on us (me), Exarch.

Smooth Criminal

SheerMadness

Smash Master
All that matters is that those m2k vs shiz matches go up as fast as possible cause everyone wants to see that **** again.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Go easy on us (me), Exarch.

Smooth Criminal
No offense meant. Anyone still willing to learn and play melee is a winner in my book. As long as you're working towards improvement. We were all terrible at one point, I remember before finding smashboards our metagame was roll and dash attack spam.

Come to think of it, I've improved upon that strategy very little in my 3 competitive years of playing.

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
Sick I wish I didn't have work yesterday. Thats fun stuff. Can't wait for the videos get uploaded. Maybe I will go for singles tomorrow...

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
This tournament was too good. Hahaha.

And wtf at the theft?

You sure it was a smasher? It could of been one of the kids at the YMCA. There was a couple kids that were playing basketball that owned me and derf were in that T.V. room when i was walking to the bathroom. They possibly could of took it.

And the money is coming out of the double pot for brawl?

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'm so incredibly mad about that whole Xbox 360 deal.

The thing is, Frames told the manager lady to lock those things up and keep them secure, so we wouldn't have to be responsible for them.

She let them be there so that those little kids could play on them since we weren't using the room. No one has any idea when the console and the controllers disappeared, but since Frames signed a contract saying he would replace any stolen or damaged items, there's nothing he can do to argue with her.

The money will not make a significant difference in the payouts, but it will come from the pot for all four events. All the winners (including me and xYz) will lose probably between $10-$30. I truly don't believe that it was a smasher, because those two little shady black kids (a lot of people saw them) were supposedly going around trying to take controllers and such.

I am a very persistent and persuasive arguer, and I am going to make sure that this theft incident costs as little money as possible, if we cannot solve it.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Yea the 360 thing seems a little shady, since theres like a 17 hour window from when it was last seen, until when it was noticed to be missing. So for all anyone knows it could of been taken during the day before 2pm when the YMCA was letting normal people in. Just sucks that you guys are legally bound to take care of it.

Oh and there was a type, Riot and myselves team name was actually Hows my **** taste Gmoney.

Everyone is crashed out in the hotel, got afro thundaaaaah and equi passed out on the floor, and some others all out cold so Im just here hitting up this free WIFI our hotel offers. Lookin forward to seeing everyone that I know and love again in the morning at the singles event.

Edit: no brawl crews happened today unfortunatly.

Sumtime

Smash Cadet
Meh it's an hour and a 10 minute drive from here <_<. I'd get there too late for registration.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
This tournament was very elite. Every single person had a somewhat difficult pool, and a difficult bracket, at least as far as I could tell. There were also no horrible players there, no foxes spamming dash attack like what I faced in GA.
QUOTED FOR TRUTH.

Step it up, GA!!! :)

Xelic

Smash Ace
Ugh, someone stole an XBOX360, and I had just left my backpack sitting out for both of the Melee days. Good thing nothing happened...I don't know what I'd do without my TWEWY.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Good stuff to Afro, xYz, c.Doc, Chaz, Chops, Bonesaw, and Tommy G for making it to top 10 in Brawl doubles. Did any crew battles happen? Also, Galeon didn't go?

maximuspita

Smash Ace
DSL and Excel Zero FTW. You guys made it to 5th place in Brawl teams, but now you gotta show what you're made of in singles.

DO IT!!!!!!

Nite

Smash Champion
Good s[color=f1f1f1f1]h[/color]it M2K, Cort, Bronson, Colin, Benny, Xelic, Florida (lol) and everyone else. Sounds like it was fun.

Top Bottom