• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAST 1 - Florida's Awesome Summer Tourney - July 17-20, 2008 (Register Online NOW!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Doing it at UCF would be the way to go IMO. Not only will they provide tables and chairs but they'll prolly even provide some TV's (they did when I hosted a tourney at UCF). Also most orlando smashers go to UCF so housing is easier.

So I vote Fairwinds Alumni Center.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
I say both are good venues, TV's dont mean anything really, look at LTEC 2 we had more tv's then we needed... i'm sure ppl will bring tv's for a huge tourney like this one.

I say do it on the date where the majority of the OOS can make it. Otherwise this will turn out to be another big FL only tourney, when the main focus here is a national level event...

AMIRITE?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Finally confirmed, all the doubters will now shut up. isn't UCF right of I-95? Simple to get to, but the main issue is housing i think. Whatever, do it based on cost, and obviously OOS wants.

Linguini

Smash Master
God **** you couldnt pick a worse date ill be gone august 8-11 for vacation.
DO THE YMCA PLEASE.
Middle of the summer is much better than the end.

Frames

DI
I say do it on the date where the majority of the OOS can make it. Otherwise this will turn out to be another big FL only tourney, when the main focus here is a national level event...

AMIRITE?
You are right sir, that is why we are letting people know what we have to offer and give their input.

Frames

DI
Doing it at UCF would be the way to go IMO. Not only will they provide tables and chairs but they'll prolly even provide some TV's (they did when I hosted a tourney at UCF). Also most orlando smashers go to UCF so housing is easier.

So I vote Fairwinds Alumni Center.
One thing i wanted to mention that i forgot:

At UCF, parking is 5 dollars a day for non-UCF students, so it would be 20 for the whole tournament. Granted there will be a large amount of carpooling i'm sure, but nevertheless, some people will end up paying. Depending on how many would have to pay, we could look into parking validation, but that's a big MAYBE.

At the Y, parking is free.

Also, where did you host a tourney at UCF, in the union? Cause i know they hook us up for gaming club and stuff, but idk about fairwinds, if they can give us fancy projectors than most likely we will have tv's also.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
july 17-20 for sure, though the UCF venue sounds more appealing i wont be able to make it if it were the aug date

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
id say july, because alot of people have been thinking its that date anyway (since its in the title), and have been pre-planning for it. one day before the planned day isn't as drastic as an entire month later

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
Bawlz. Though I can't do July, it appears to be the better date. =/

i r sad

My family and I leave on the 17th and get back on the 21st. [cousin's wedding]

Da**. Just da**.

BossMagnet

Smash Apprentice
If I got (really cool not cheesy) shirts made for this tourney... would anyone be interested in buying one??
Or, as Frames suggested, possibly include the cost in registration, and everyone that enters gets one...
What do you think?

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
If I got (really cool not cheesy) shirts made for this tourney... would anyone be interested in buying one??
Or, as Frames suggested, possibly include the cost in registration, and everyone that enters gets one...
What do you think?
i'd totally buy one if you customized my shirt to say
xyz
TNT

A.N.U.S

"Heyyyy Skratchhhh..."

**** Puncher

and brazillian Beauty, thats what riot calls me. :lick:

Marin.

Smash Journeyman
July is sounding great!

And i would buy one too Amber
Dont worry ill make sure Zoro gets one too lol

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'd buy one.

If they were awesome and it said I'm BossMagnet, all the bosses are Ns and I'm an S.
I dunno what

"all the bosses are Ns and I'm an S"

means, but I am still laughing.

We are going to make Stylish as Hell Tshirts.

HAVE THIS TOURNAMENT IN JULY FRAMES!!!!

Raistlin

Smash Lord
I dunno what

"all the bosses are Ns and I'm an S"

means, but I am still laughing.

We are going to make Stylish as Hell Tshirts.

HAVE THIS TOURNAMENT IN JULY FRAMES!!!!
He's talking about magnet poles, suhn!

And yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, a venue!!!

Handorin

Smash Hero
You heard pretty late, they found two now. They are just deciding which to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom