• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAST 1 - Florida's Awesome Summer Tourney - July 17-20, 2008 (Register Online NOW!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I'm still waiting for Box to make a necessary post.

Like seriously, the spamming gets so old that I never read his posts anymore...it's pretty lame.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
im not gonna lie hungry uve gone overboard in the last couple of weeks with ur insane stupid post spam, get into other forums if your so bored at home or read some books, or maybe talk to girls and get a g/f

Zoro

Smash Champion
im not gonna lie hungry uve gone overboard in the last couple of weeks with ur insane stupid post spam, get into other forums if your so bored at home or read some books, or maybe talk to girls and get a g/f
Hungry likes big boobies

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
haha get a girlfriend thats harsh joetru lol...hes only 14 after all give em a break...but yea all boards has been for like the past month is hungry doo dah and afro posting ******** stuff in regional forum...i wish we had more important stuff to talk about.

i just realized all three of you play dedede too, guess dedede players are board spammers

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
haha get a girlfriend thats harsh joetru lol...hes only 14 after all give em a break...but yea all boards has been for like the past month is hungry doo dah and afro posting ******** stuff in regional forum...i wish we had more important stuff to talk about.

i just realized all three of you play dedede too, guess dedede players are board spammers
Oh my god bro text is SO annoying tiny white lines the size of a centimeter on a small screen in front of you is seriously just annoying. I cant stand it, some times i stay awake at night thinking on how i can stop this utterly annoying text. Its so annoying. What will i do, how will i live.

Seriously, how in the HELL does text annoy someone.
I never understood it in WoW, and i dont understand it here.

Frames

DI
aren't you supposed to shut the hell up?

.......sorry lol we had a place lined up when we announced the tournament, but they bailed, so now we gotta find another, that's all.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Seriously?

Alright, I have been nice...and I'm still trying to maintain professional behavior with this, but this is ridiculous.

Perhaps people don't realize the "in planning stage" in the thread title...or perhaps they expect us to build our own venue, but to continually ask and ask and ask about the venue...or even make fun of us for it is completely uncalled for. I am, as I always have been, perfectly confident that we will get an amazing venue...a few places are in the works right now...we're just trying to shop it around.

But honestly? This tournament is at least 2 months away...I understand certain people need to buy plane tickets, and that's why i've been saying I'll have answers by about Wednesday. It's not going to kill anybody to hold their freakin tongue for a couple days. Honestly, lay off, you have no call here. Of course, we are trying to shop this around and get the best deal we can, so maybe we can offer other benefits to you, the players. It does nobody any good to spend your menial life berating us at trying to get the community interested. I'm done trying to explain this to you.

ALSO...Afro, the needless spam is annoying when it fills up pages of a thread, making actual information and conversation harder. Don't call us down for "being annoyed by text", when you are just spamming for no reason...in our tournament thread... There's a lot of info that needs read, and we have to post it more often because the pages are filled with useless spam. Keep your midday boredom in other threads, please...we need to actually discuss things in here, not pass over yet another nothing post.

Frames

DI
truuuuuuu thanks joe, u da man.

Listen, with this whole venue thing, there have been places and offers from people, but the problem is the money. We want to get the best deal possible for you, so that we can put as much of the money as possible into the pot. We're not out to make money, but we're certainly not out to lose it either. These places are expensive, especially for 4 days, and like it or not, the funds to pay for this venue are paid by you, part of the cost of your entrance fee will go to cover the venue. Even if you do only one event, part of that goes into the venue, up until we have the venue paid for, in which case the rest will go into the pot. But the more the venue costs, the less we have to give out as prizes, which is why its so important to get the best deal possible. Nothing will stop this tournament from happening, and there is more than enough good space out there, we just have to find it, and we will.

Look back at OC3. Remember the problems they had with their venue, with starting late and running at weird hours? Charging spectator fees, and claiming large financial losses afterwards? Some may say they were just out to get money from people, but I believe they seriously had problems and lost a lot of money. They managed to run a good tournament nevertheless, but we're hoping to avoid a lot of those problems, by securing a good, cheap space that will make this tournament run as smooth as possible. Yes there will be problems, but hopefully the venue/cost will not be one of them.

festizzio

Smash Champion
I hope you guys find a venue soon... I need to ask for like, housing and rides and stuff, I'm not like the rest of SoCal, I like to not procrastinate lol!

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
aren't you supposed to shut the hell up?

.......sorry lol we had a place lined up when we announced the tournament, but they bailed, so now we gotta find another, that's all.
wow i nearly cried

take all the time you need

i want to see any of these guys try to host a major tournament, lol

it takes some prep

that is what this thread was for

for darrir or fenrell and frames to give updates on the spot

kiwiii

Smash Lord
Look back at OC3. Remember the problems they had with their venue, with starting late and running at weird hours? Charging spectator fees, and claiming large financial losses afterwards? Some may say they were just out to get money from people, but I believe they seriously had problems and lost a lot of money. They managed to run a good tournament nevertheless, but we're hoping to avoid a lot of those problems, by securing a good, cheap space that will make this tournament run as smooth as possible. Yes there will be problems, but hopefully the venue/cost will not be one of them.
lol.
you have too much faith in the wrong people. they've been scamming people out of their money ever since ken picked up a ****in controller

besides the point. good luck securing a venue :O hope to get a location/solid date in the near future! im driving so it doesnt really matter for me :p >_>

FL's ****

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I wasn't pressuring you, im just hoping it isn't cancelled, no negativity intended, sry if it sounded like it.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
Truu, well then i guess i retract part of my original statement, anywayz you get the idea lol.
LMAO yeah that any tournament can be run better than oc3, even with minimal effort from a couple of honest tourney hosts. **** manacloud and his family

yayuhz floridaaa :D hope dashizwiz keepspeedn & smashmac make an appearance!

Superstar

Smash Champion
I'm guessing by all of this that OC3 sucked? I think I vaguely remembered hearing about it, but just it being announced, I need to be more aware of these things.

I want a random 20 person tournament in someone's bedroom...anything is good.

19666falcon

Smash Apprentice
as chances would have it, I'll be in town for HIN so I'm going to try to make either the doubles on sunday or the singles on Monday...I'll let you know later this week when I get confirmation from my team mate

Handorin

Smash Hero
as chances would have it, I'll be in town for HIN so I'm going to try to make either the doubles on sunday or the singles on Monday...I'll let you know later this week when I get confirmation from my team mate
Venue/dates are not confirmed yet. We will know around Wednesday.

skrach8

Smash Lord
three cheers for FL for holding it down with smash. FRAMES IS TOO GOOD. I didnt feel like reading 40 pages of talk, so we can start fresh from my post.

The turnout looks freakin amazing, 4 days of smash is gunna be sick. Anyone want to do teams with me for this? Melee or brawl.

I want to money match Kiwi, it seems like everyone knows you but me, so this is the best way to break the ice.

The low down is that me and my crew are the coolest peeps to know in FL. Everyone should read up on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom