• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAST 1 - Florida's Awesome Summer Tourney - July 17-20, 2008 (Register Online NOW!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I would love where it is (Because of my birthday XD), but I wouldnt mind early August.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
The thing Frames is talking about is this...

On UCF's campus, there is an alumni center with a big enough ballroom...and we still have them holding the dates Aug 8-11th...if I remember right.

We're still looking into other venues to keep this in July as initially thought.

If we switched the dates into this venue, we're going to need around 400 or so people to come to cover the cost. I'm not REALLY worried about it, since CFL alone has been staffing nearly 200 people at Brawl tournaments lately...and Melee is pulling in the OOSers to a new degree...but it is still a thought we have to consider.

Just an update...We'll definitely know a LOT more by the middle of next week...I've gotta call every place in Orlando...like...a hundred calls. o.O...kinda shop this around and get it figured out...so it'll be finalized soon. stay tuned

Renth

Smash Hero
Gigabits? eh.. but it's pretty small.

x-tremegay (don't even think about it) i hope they burn...

that place hiroshi hosts is pretty sweezit

edit: nvm i forgot you can't use that place anymore cause too much **** got stolen.

Frames

DI
I think Aug 8-11 would be good for most college kids. I'd go with that plan.
Yea, i think that's why that it's not too bad, even though some people would be inconvenienced by it, it would still work for most kids if they go back late Aug/early September.

Also one alternative venue we are looking at is Hard Knocks (z0mg oh noes! >.<), they have a large space, and while things may not have gone smoothly last time, if they just let us handle it, it would be a good venue.

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
uhhhhhh early august is when school starts for me so thats a nono.
plz keep it in june.
Call in Sick just be like, Afro Thunda is gonna kill me if i dont go. And i have this huge reputation of killing people so they will definitely let you go AND give you a A+ or w/e the hell.

Also i wanna smash at the PastaPalace

Frames

DI
Lol well if we did it on a plane, it would be a good excuse to do melee only since we wouldn't want the wiis wiifii messing up the plane!

typing on iPod touch ftw :colorful:

Raistlin

Smash Lord
August is fine, and Hard Knocks would even be all right if they let smashers run the tournament, but I really can't see them handing their store over for 4 days.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
second week of august is probably the only time that'd work for me :L... makes this kinda shaky now.

Sumtime

Smash Cadet
Wow I'm definitely going, even though it'll probably be for brawl singles only.

Does anyone know if they'll let you watch Melee matches regardless?

Ranjiz

Smash Apprentice
should i fly to Florida for this tournament from new york? lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom