• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAST 1 - Florida's Awesome Summer Tourney - July 17-20, 2008 (Register Online NOW!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
My crew just reminded me of this. I am SO hyped for a big melee tourney, especially after brawl jumped me in a dark alley and stole $50. Hopefully this venue thing gets figured out soon, though.

That's how I read it.
Most people who played melee at even a semi-competitive level are going to be there for first melee, and second brawl. Most people going to any brawl tournament right now have never played smash competitively.

Gimpy said:
money matches? (melee plz)
5$ MM my fox vs your bowser?

smashplayer16

Smash Ace
If i go to this I want you to moneymatch my friend Gimpyfish. He is a Falco player and he says Bowser is too slow even with L cancel. Hopefully if its a money match he won't make any johns about not trying. How about a $10 money match with him in melee.

Finch

Smash Lord
Yeah I like Moes a little better but really I just don't like Chipotle that much. They're basically the same anyway.

You should try Tijuana Flats if you come.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
nothing beats chipotle. something's wrong with your chipotle workers down there
qdoba tastes like ****, and last i checked, moe's wasnt any better. only burrito brothers can compete, but that's the local joint around nova :D

<3 chipotle !!!!

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I wasn't impressed with Chipotle when I tried it. It was overpriced for Mexican.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
things are looking up for this. We don't have a venue set in stone, but a few places are in the works... this is too goods.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It would be cool to have wes come down again, maybe chops will own him like he did at nexus. MMs anybody? (melee or brawl. Melee is samus and fox, brawl is pika and lucario)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
nothing beats chipotle. something's wrong with your chipotle workers down there
qdoba tastes like ****, and last i checked, moe's wasnt any better. only burrito brothers can compete, but that's the local joint around nova :D

<3 chipotle !!!!
marry me

Frames

DI
Um ok, so the convention center kinda screwed us over, so now we have no venue, however fenrir and I have been looking into alternatives, and not just places, but dates too.

Fenrir is still looking into securing places for the intended weekend, and so am I. However, an alternate opportunity has presented itself, and I am curious as to how you guys feel about it. Basically, we have a place that would be willing to host, only it would be a weekend in August instead of July. It would be the same 4-day setup, friday, saturday, sunday, monday, just in early august. I know UCF starts august 25th, and i think it's the same for other colleges in FL, OOS i'm not sure about, but i'm pretty sure they don't even start until like mid-Septemberish, i could be wrong though.

We're aiming for this weekend in July as our ultimate goal, but if something goes wrong, this will be our contingency plan. My question to you is this, would changing the date to sometime in August affect your participation? Or would you be ok with it? My main concern is OOS, cause we could finish this up in time for FL kids to go back, but I don't know when you guys have school. Thoughts?

festizzio

Smash Champion
Depends on when it is... Fall semester starts Aug 18 for me.

Edit: But if it's near the beginning of August that would be better than mid-july.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom