• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAST 1 - Florida's Awesome Summer Tourney - July 17-20, 2008 (Register Online NOW!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
*sigh*

the venue is still in the works. assuming we get one in central Orlando, the closest beach is around an hour away...+/- 15 mins or so.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
yo ganon328 people who ran the FL scene 2 years ago are scrubs nowadays or dont play anymore (maverick and such), get updated before u post some stupid thing as u did, mm in melee or brawl? geez whats with the FL hate we try so hard to make smash a fun thing and all I hear is bich1in , geez.

mad <3 to jman, hax and alucard they hold it down for NY

yoo kiwii, whats good with goin to the beach? daytona beach is mad close wus good?

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
What do you call it when someone comes just because they want to see all the familiar faces? Put me down as a def.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Ganon brawl MM?? U kno since fl is so far behind in the game. Should be an easy $10 dollars for you.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Not gonna let you win; but if it's really your birthday I guess I could throw a free entry your way, we'll see. :colorful:
Now that would be awesome. July 19th really is my birthday, I'm turning 19. Whoo.

Ok... so i havent been to Florida in like 2 yrs and i wouldnt mind coming back and enjoying a nice smash tournament w/ sum rigged pots and rigged brackets(FL is famous for that). I really dont mind seriously. but if you want to make this so big that your trying to SUBSTITUTE for FC being canceled then you have to change a couple things around.

Let me rephrase...you dont HAVE TO, but it'll definetly help bring more ppl in. lets face it ppl, even though there are countless complaints about brawl, MELEE is done. U wanna keep playing it...sure watever, ur choice, BUT DONT MAKE IT THE MAIN ATTRACTION. SWITCH the days of melee and brawl and i really think u 'll get more ppl to show. cuz sunday and monday is tough for ppl who work. Wii is the new console and brawl is the new smash, let that be the focus, then you can hold ur little side melee tournament. whatever. Also... Show some generosity and Hold an OUT OF STATE POT in the ballpark of lets say $500. that's a good amount for FLORIDA'S AWESOME TOURNAMENT! lol.

I promise you, you make these 2 changes to this tournament, D.A. will definetly be there.

Im gonna go ahead and post this on the other thread of yours.
GTFO with that Florida/Melee hate.

soap

Smash Hero
wow if melee becomes some ****ty small side tourney behind brawl, **** it, not worth the 14 hours.

yea it's unfortunate that the average brawl match takes 7 min, and would require 72 hours in order to complete a 60-man tourney
ya, melee please, if they did have FC and it was for brawl i wouldnt go.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
OOSers are why im coming to this tournament...and dashizwiz...too broken. I guess im a pro noob also, cuz im going...i guess mainly for brawl cuz i have a better chance of winning...but melee is fine too.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
jigglypuff is really dumb to play against lol

do you have another character?

i just dont want the amazing return to a big melee tourney to have anything to do with a 7 minute jiggz vs bowser might as well be brawl battle lol

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
jigglypuff is really dumb to play against lol

do you have another character?

i just dont want the amazing return to a big melee tourney to have anything to do with a 7 minute jiggz vs bowser might as well be brawl battle lol
hehehe

i'm known not to have a secondary

but um, i guess i could play you with falco, luigi, or ganon

$1 tho

we could also play brawl

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
ill do 5$ samus bowser gimpy. I shall show you TRUE ROBOTIC EDGEGUARDS. (HugS is nothing)

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
yo ganon328 people who ran the FL scene 2 years ago are scrubs nowadays or dont play anymore (maverick and such), get updated before u post some stupid thing as u did, mm in melee or brawl? geez whats with the FL hate we try so hard to make smash a fun thing and all I hear is bich1in , geez.

mad <3 to jman, hax and alucard they hold it down for NY

yoo kiwii, whats good with goin to the beach? daytona beach is mad close wus good?
LMAO!! alright...there's really nothing i have to reply to this whole post except but to laugh. i dont need to get updated on florida **** CUZ FLORIDA IS WACK AND OUTDATED. The trends in ny are trends in fl 6 months from now. OK fine...jea i wuz just shooting the OOS pot out there to see if you would bite, but i knew that wuznt gonna go down. Change the dates of brawl and melee and we'll go that's if you WANT more OOS's to come that is. It would most likely be Me, Comp, Wes and DireVulcan, and hopefully if the rest of D.A. can make it then they would come aswell.

If you cant make that change possible then I guess we cant come, which im sure doesnt matter to u. All Im asking for is....take a head count of who is participating in melee and who is participating in brawl, if there are more ppl for brawl hold it for friday and saturdays, if melee has more ppl then keep it the same. it makes more sense.

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I
Yea more noobs like brawl so yea there prolly will be more attendance if you switch the days but most pros are going for melee cuz its a relief to them for dealing with brawl all this time. its the reason you will see more pros if you keep it the same ddays if you switch it i doubt west will come cuz they are coming mainly for mele and brawl for the side like me and ****

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I'm missing something...is it honestly easier to ask for Friday off rather than monday? like...what exactly is the difference here?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'm missing something...is it honestly easier to ask for Friday off rather than monday? like...what exactly is the difference here?
actually, at my job it is easier to get a Friday off than a Monday, becauses Fridays are usually slow while all the BS of the weekend fall on your plate come monday

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
But you have until mid-july...it seems like it wouldn't be that hard to ask off for either.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
He gets a free entry, but I dont? =( =( =(

I turn 18 on the 20th.
Well now he probably will. Good **** us!

LMAO!! alright...there's really nothing i have to reply to this whole post except but to laugh. i dont need to get updated on florida **** CUZ FLORIDA IS WACK AND OUTDATED. The trends in ny are trends in fl 6 months from now. OK fine...jea i wuz just shooting the OOS pot out there to see if you would bite, but i knew that wuznt gonna go down. Change the dates of brawl and melee and we'll go that's if you WANT more OOS's to come that is. It would most likely be Me, Comp, Wes and DireVulcan, and hopefully if the rest of D.A. can make it then they would come aswell.

If you cant make that change possible then I guess we cant come, which im sure doesnt matter to u. All Im asking for is....take a head count of who is participating in melee and who is participating in brawl, if there are more ppl for brawl hold it for friday and saturdays, if melee has more ppl then keep it the same. it makes more sense.
Yeah, we should just go and change the whole schedule of events for 4 or 5 guys that might be coming from New York.

Yeah....

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master

yo you guys best come regardless with Team Supremacy xD

I haven't played comp in awhile...

Handorin

Smash Hero
Yea more people like brawl so yea there prolly will be more attendance if you switch the days but most melee pros are going for melee cuz its a relief to them for dealing with brawl all this time. its the reason you will see more melee pros if you keep it the same ddays if you switch it i doubt west will come cuz they are coming mainly for mele and brawl for the side like me and ****
That's how I read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom