• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAST 1 - Florida's Awesome Summer Tourney - July 17-20, 2008 (Register Online NOW!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Ok...Since I'm handling the communication with Hard Knocks...lemme clear this up.

Hard Knocks would, of course, be "iffy" on letting us run our own tournament, right? Well, the way i'm wording it, we would, quite simply, be completely renting the LAN center portion of HK...it would, for the four days, be OUR place. I told them they could run Combat and do their concession stand, but you definitely wouldn't have to worry about a powerplay there. It would be our venue...same as anywhere else.

Anyways, they haven't gotten back to me. Give us til like Wednesday, guys, ok? We should have a definite decision in the works by then. Thanks for all of the patience. <3 you all.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
....and

</meleevsbrawl>

seriously, this has been debated in SO many threads...why repeat it here? We have both of them, so take your pick and be happy. Rejoice in that which is Smash.

Please, limit the huge longwinded debate posts before they really start.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Ok...Since I'm handling the communication with Hard Knocks...lemme clear this up.

Hard Knocks would, of course, be "iffy" on letting us run our own tournament, right? Well, the way i'm wording it, we would, quite simply, be completely renting the LAN center portion of HK...it would, for the four days, be OUR place. I told them they could run Combat and do their concession stand, but you definitely wouldn't have to worry about a powerplay there. It would be our venue...same as anywhere else.

Anyways, they haven't gotten back to me. Give us til like Wednesday, guys, ok? We should have a definite decision in the works by then. Thanks for all of the patience. <3 you all.
Iuno if HKs would be big enough

it was kinda crouded with 100 people

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Melee is more technical
Brawl is more mindgamey
Both have stupid tier lists
STFU about melee being better, we are just more used to it.
Chops, the only reason you like melee more is cuz you won't get owned by ESAM in melee.
Everybody come to this no matter what, especially people from california and New York, i wouldn't mind if other SEFL came, i mean, i own them all anyway ^_^, at least in brawl.

Superstar

Smash Champion
I'm coming when hell freezes over.

I'll try to come to this event. Never been to a tournament in my life due to complications, so I'm hoping this is my first [Gamestop tourney don't counts]. I'm turning 18 about a week before the tournament, so I'm hoping after much arguing with my parents I can go. Going to get a job to raise the cash, come by bus, and have a good time.

And even though this would be my first tournament, I'm coming for the Melee. Maybe Brawl too, but mostly Melee.

Also, Smash64 would be the shizz and giggles.

My brother Shadowstar wants to come too, but he's 15, my mom practically refuse to let me, so its even more of a hell freezes over for him. -15 degrees for me, -45 for him.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
The thing about HK is this, we would be able to basically empty the space. The room by itself is freakin BIG...imagine all that space that they had open...no comp. users...nothing in our way, really. I'm sure it would hold quite a lot of people.

So yeah, I'm going to make a WHOLE lot of calls on Tuesday. We'll get this thing hammered out. stay tuned.

Sumtime

Smash Cadet
So will you be able to watch matches after you lose?

And will there be a losers branch? As you can see I have very high self confidence :).

Frames

DI
Yea you can stay and watch matches/play friendlies all 4 days, it doesn't matter!

Yea, it's standard double elim, so if you lose, you're not out right away, but that's only if you make it to the brackets. Before brackets, we'll have multiple rounds of pools, depending on how many people show, however if you lose in pools, you will be eliminated.

Sumtime

Smash Cadet
Thanks, I'll definitely be going now with one of my friends ^_^. I live about 45 minutes away. When will each day end?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Depends how many people enter, and how smoothly things are run. If 150+ people go, the doubles will end around 5-6ish i would think, and singles would end like...11PM-2AM (AM obviously)
Hungrybox, how the hell do you get so many posts so fast, my old account had 600 in like 1 1/2 years...do you just spam or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom