• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAST 1 - Florida's Awesome Summer Tourney - July 17-20, 2008 (Register Online NOW!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstar

Smash Champion
I'll MM so long as I don't have to pay a dime.

So, been reading [skimming] and it seems that all the information will be known on Wednesday, which is tomorrow, so that's nice I guess.

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
haha i mention the name and he appears a minute later!!

renth you are a broken wizard who appears on command when your name is spoken...

i love it

kiwiii

Smash Lord
**** chexr is gonna be at this? i heard you were randomly hella good LMAO lets get matches in!

gawwwd havent played since pound3 lol i cant wait to play again. yea skrach we can do a MM for like $1 lol

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
ALRIGHT UPDATE TIME

Thank you all for being patient to the extent that you are. I greatly appreciate it. To answer the general question floating around, yes, there will be a huge tournament here. hooray

Over the past few days, I have made well over a hundred calls on this, asking for venues and such. Frames and I have been quite a few places to inquire about the use of their facilities...so yeah, we've basically been working hard on it.

I have limited my options here to a handful of places that I've talked to in the last couple of days. Frames and I checked out one of them tonight. It's a good place. Maybe not the best that we could get, but quite good in itself. We have that one and another looking as if they are coming through for us, so this tournament WILL happen. No worries there, in my mind.

At the moment, I'm still in major discussion with the other venues, trying to get the best possible scenario for this tournament. We want it to be the premier event this year, and as such, we're running around as hard as we can to find the best possible venue, considering things such as cost, space, tables, chairs, equipment, even the number of outlets each venue has. It's been somewhat exhausting, but I'm confident it will be worth it.

I had hoped to be able to tell you we had a venue tonight, but that simply didn't happen. I'm sorry for that. Just try to understand that Frames and I are doing our absolute best to make sure you have the ultimate tournament experience. And that starts with a good venue. I understand people have to buy cheap tickets...and this is a pain. I'm sorry for that. We will have it settled very soon, though. Very soon...so keep checking, and know that I'll update with everything that happens.

<3 you guys...stay tuned.

Superstar

Smash Champion
My little brother has even lower chances of coming to this, and I pretty much need a teammate. Don't count on it though as I might not be able to come, and you'd want someone better than a first timer anyways. This is provided I don't find my own.

Been practicing more advanced Melee for a year and 6 months already hellz yeah. I've just been waiting for a tournament so I can get 4 stocked in 3 seconds flat. Haven't really seen any tournaments in South Miami though, and I have no place to host one or backing in skill, so my house would not work and no one would attend. Once I get my license I'm going up to Weston to have some action.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
any OOS'ers wanna MM my following characters?

GW/IKE/TL/WOLF/FALCON/SHIEK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom