• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon = Crowd favorite?

Cpt Knee Cap

Smash Rookie
Ive just kindof noticed, maybe others have to. But it seems like falcon characters, in one way or another, all become the crowd favorite when in game play.
Ive been listening to alot of videos with commentary, and its just somthing that ive noticed. The crowd goes crazy after a falcon combo. And Even if im rooting for any other charachter, sub-consciously, I want to see that falcon character, start a combo and finish it with a knee.
Their are many ways to explain why, but ive just concluded that a falcon combos are just more pleasing to watch. Anyone eles feel the same way?

kr3wman

Smash Master
The first recorded thread on C. Falcon manliness was in 2003, I believe.

After that, that manliness worked it's way to the top of the tier list, baby!

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I've seen people who hate Fox, Falco, Marth etc., I have yet to see anyone who hates Falcon.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Falcon's charisma is just through the roof. I believe he's the most popular of all Smash characters. I spammed "Show me ya moves!" since 64 and it hasn't gotten old. His Knee is all man.

Forcystus

Smash Apprentice
That's odd... I remember I used to, (and still do a bit), hate him cause one of my cousins would always beat me with him. And I thought his Falcon Punch and kick and the Side+ B attack were overpowered... : P

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Seriously speaking here, a lot of falcons moves lack priority, he's a fast faller, and he has an extremely gimpable recovery. I think most people, myself included, feel more comfortable playing against falcon rather then the other top/high chars. Just dont get grabbed is all, LOL.

People are comfortable playing as and playing against falcon. You give falcon some sexy combos and a heart-stopping knee and you got yourself a lovable character all around.

I also think its his ability to not gay as well. xD

Miztik

Smash Master
Falcon is the best character in the Game

i mean look at him cool taunts, awsome moonwalk, detailed hard nipples

what is there not to love

DRD

Smash Lord
Nothing falcon does is cheap or annoying; he has no projectiles or disjointed hitboxes. Fighting with only your limbs is pretty amazing, imo

specifically the knee. Falcon kills opponents with his knee. Praiseworthy.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Yes, mostly because of his combos. That, or people watch to many darkrain videos nowadays. lol

JPOBS

Smash Hero
People claim they have main characters like falco, fox, marth etc

but in reality, everyone mains Falcon.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Are the "videos with commentary" the ones from Socal/Norcal? HMW and co. LOVE SilentSpectre and his falcon. They start shouting even when all he does is get a grab.

..Then again, one of his grabs = the start of a ridiculous, manly, and on rare occasions, WOMBO, combo

Binx

Smash Master
Falcon is easily the most fun character to watch at a high level, although I really like seeing good Foxs and M2Ks Marth.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Have you even checked the latest tier list?

"Better Than Top
Captain Falcon's Sexy Manliness 11.0"

Its on the tier list, therefore its fact.
Besides that, Falcon is strong and flashy without being broken.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
C. Falcon is a favorite hands down. Most people can use him well to start off with, he has amazing combos, and nothing about him is annoying to fight against.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
a good tech chasing falcon is REALLY annoying to play against >.>

Miztik

Smash Master
if you dont think falcon is fun do this

You (falcon), friend (falcon) vs marth/fox/falco

friendly fire off

Fd

Hyori

Smash Rookie
I would gladly fellate any gentleman with a striking resemblance to Captain Falcon. Only if he keeps on the helmet.

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
He is the manly heart and soul of Smash. It's no coincidence that a game where Falcon is crap sucks as well. He's just a very balanced, high risk-reward offensive character that can compete at high levels of play without any BS tactics. He also has the best looking finisher and taunt in the entire game.

Examples of Falcon-like characters in other fighting games;

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - Dudley
Marvel VS Capcom 2 - Strider
Guilty Gear XX - Slayer

I'm not saying they're completely similar, it's just that something in their playstyle reminds me of him.

Miztik

Smash Master
I would gladly fellate any gentleman with a striking resemblance to Captain Falcon. Only if he keeps on the helmet.
one of my smash buddies/friend has a Gold Captain falcon helmet he made out of a Beer helmet and falcons glasses its too good

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
He is the manly heart and soul of Smash. It's no coincidence that a game where Falcon is crap sucks as well. He's just a very balanced, high risk-reward offensive character that can compete at high levels of play without any BS tactics. He also has the best looking finisher and taunt in the entire game.

Examples of Falcon-like characters in other fighting games;

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - Dudley
Marvel VS Capcom 2 - Strider
Guilty Gear XX - Slayer

I'm not saying they're completely similar, it's just that something in their playstyle reminds me of him.
Actually Slayer is total bull**** tactics if you know anything about high level Guilty Gear (most versions). He does absurd amounts of damage and can pass through a lot of stuff with dandy step.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I've been a Falcon player throughout my competitive Smash career, even though I play Falco and Sheik (ewwwwww), too.

When playing Falcon, you have two priorities: be sexy and win (IN THAT ORDER). Of course, doing both is awesome and makes everybody love you (see: Silent Spectre, Darkrain, g-reg, Scar, every other even somewhat well-known Falcon).

Sheik is the most boring character to play ever

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
Are the "videos with commentary" the ones from Socal/Norcal? HMW and co. LOVE SilentSpectre and his falcon. They start shouting even when all he does is get a grab.

..Then again, one of his grabs = the start of a ridiculous, manly, and on rare occasions, WOMBO, combo
SoCal/NorCal matches are the best. x] Jeff is too good

Top Bottom