• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Falco Q&A

JPOBS

Smash Hero
k so what do i do against a fox that consistent ly breaks my sheild pressure by Full hopping Nair oos?

it seems like a stpid enough strategy but i lost cuz i couldnt adjust to it the set we played.
so what sort of shield pressure prevent him from doing this?

i noticed he typically full hopped after the first aerial->shine then he'd fast fall it and hit me while i was in the process of doing a Dair on his would-be sheild.

noodles

Smash Champion
Roll behind him. Depending on when he lets out the nair out you can probably beat it with an up smash.

greenlink

Smash Apprentice
k so what do i do against a fox that consistent ly breaks my sheild pressure by Full hopping Nair oos?

it seems like a stpid enough strategy but i lost cuz i couldnt adjust to it the set we played.
so what sort of shield pressure prevent him from doing this?

i noticed he typically full hopped after the first aerial->shine then he'd fast fall it and hit me while i was in the process of doing a Dair on his would-be sheild.
When he full hops out react, land your short hop withough dairing and CC shine. (or is this too hard to react to?)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
grab ledge while keeping invincibility and ledge hop bair if they go onto the stage. if they go to ledge just roll.

you can also bair just about any point you know where they are going

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Roll behind him. Depending on when he lets out the nair out you can probably beat it with an up smash.
lol?

When he full hops out react, land your short hop withough dairing and CC shine. (or is this too hard to react to?)
its pretty hard. understanding that im full out pillaring his sheild , and the nair comes out pretty fast and t either clips me on the way up, or on the way down when im in l-cancel lag.

full hop dair. Falco says, **** your full hop Fox, I'm a ****ing bird with infinite priority below me, suck it. Your jump gets airborne 2 frames before his so you should be constantly above him and never at risk of being naired.
i guess it comes down to simply knowing that he's going to do it. shouldnt be too hard because he was doing it very consistently.

thanks, i'll have to work on this.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Multishine his shield. Do 2 or so JC Shines and then something else after every now and then. Multishine counters WD OoS and a bunch of other common anti-pressure strategies, so it's very useful at times.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Even if it doesn't work legitimately it'll still probably work in practice because people aren't frame perfect.

If you Multishine every now and then, they'll probably become content to sit in shield and wait for the Shine to push them out of range so then you just grab or try to shield poke with a low Dair or something gay. And if they don't sit in shield you just keep doing the Multishine stuff because it'll **** them out of pretty much anything they do except roll.

WakingTheFallen

Smash Cadet
yeah multishines, shine grab, or waveshine-ing away to lasers/dair after the fox full hopped nairs should help. you just have to keep him guessing. mix up those and i'm pretty sure he'll have a tough time.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
FH Nair isn't even a good answer to shield pressure. Sounds like some funny business is afoot.

But yeah. If you are absolutely 100% positive you know when he'll do it, you can out-gimmick him. You could honestly probably WD back really far and then charge F-smash and hit him when he lands.

Not that I'd recommend anything like that, though.

WakingTheFallen

Smash Cadet
FH Nair isn't even a good answer to shield pressure. Sounds like some funny business is afoot.

But yeah. If you are absolutely 100% positive you know when he'll do it, you can out-gimmick him. You could honestly probably WD back really far and then charge F-smash and hit him when he lands.

Not that I'd recommend anything like that, though.
yeah i've never heard of full hop nair as an answer to this nor have i heard it being effective. it's weird to me why he does it.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
People are flawed and sometimes don't take well to strategies they are unfamiliar with.

What JPOBS really needs to do more, though, is CC Shine some of the weak Nairs that Guru and Zen hit him with at low percent and get those free 60% combos.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Is falco significantly heavier than fox? I get CC->shined a lot against falcos, but i can't do it back :(

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Trading 8% for 60% and possibly an edgeguard isn't a trade it's a steal.
I agree that it's a steal the same way that "like, OMG, these shoes are only $69.99? what a steal!" but not in the same way as like taking a pack of gum from the store is a steal.

Falco is heavier.

Also obligatory LOL at trying to CC Falco's Dair Falco.
if he nairs early and hits you with the weak hitbox high, you can CC shine, but if he waits on his aerial appropriately and hits with the strong hitbox and hits sorta lowish, you're screwed. also lol at trying to CC his dair.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Is pillaring ever a safe option against ganon/cfalcon? I saw this clip where a falco got shieldgrabbed while attempting.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Utilt is sooo good. =p It stops SH Nair too(occasionally they will trade, but at lower percents it's worth it). If Fox tries to aim his Nair behind you to anticipate if you RSHL'd or they go in to grab, then you just turn around and Utilt and get a nice combo. Obviously it can be punished so don't spam it.
That was worded pretty badly, but i hope it makes sense.

It's also really good at keeping aggro Foxes from staying on top of you in general.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Falco's U-tilt, for practical purposes, is often better than Fox's. Why people don't use U-tilt to **** aerial approaches and get ******** combos as a defensive mixup (from his usual defensive game) completely escapes me.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
CC shine combos are just so much more aesthetically pleasing.

Anyways, so if you're smart with it, you can maintain control against Foxes, but can it be used to clip Falco's aerials just as effectively?

I mean dair is like...like...like...good, you know, right? It's like...yeah...you know?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I don't think it's as good against Falco because Falco's Dair beats anti-air moves. Also, lasers turn you around so you have to always turn around to get your back to them in order to use the good part of the hitbox. Falcos also approach less with FJs than Foxes.

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
im in complete utter love with uptilt vs capt falcon, it stop EVERYTHING he does.

try this next time u fight a falcon: theyre shuffling nairs like maniacs (like all falcons), turn around right outside nair range-----> wait------> they jump in or run in-----> up-tilt-----> proceed to take off their stock.

its hilarious to watch and extremely fun to do. and its even better when they get all frustrated and dont know what to do... then its like just **** from their on out.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
im in complete utter love with uptilt vs capt falcon, it stop EVERYTHING he does.

try this next time u fight a falcon: theyre shuffling nairs like maniacs (like all falcons), turn around right outside nair range-----> wait------> they jump in or run in-----> up-tilt-----> proceed to take off their stock.

its hilarious to watch and extremely fun to do. and its even better when they get all frustrated and dont know what to do... then its like just **** from their on out.
Since my C. Falcon game is mostly the product of playing Scar and Hax, I've come to realize just how punishable utilt is...

Which isn't to say that it's not insanely good, but if you telegraph your utilts, you will get ****ing ***** by good Falcons. You just need to be careful and not spam it, pick your spots with it wisely.

Top Bottom