• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Falco Q&A

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Holy hell, I just discovered a swedish player named Calle W. Armada said he's the "toughest european player" he's played and, I'm not one to hype but, the guy's Falco's pretty **** good.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Calle W told me he was not as good as armada or amsah I think it was.

Its been sometime since they had played(this was said about a month after genesis I think)

Id still like to see him vs the shiz or zhu

wool

Smash Ace
Ok so I have tried literally for 30 minutes to do the double jump double laser thing (where one laser is at max height and the other at a normal SHL height) but whenever I do this I only get the max height laser. This is what I am doing:
1. double jump right away
2. shoot laser at max height
3. fast fall right after
4. try and shoot another (I hit b a billion times too to see if I was just timing the b wrong but I still never got it)

obviously i'm messing up somewhere since I see everywhere people doing it so easily haha.

Rannskita

Smash Journeyman
because of the lag you can spam dj, spam B then fastfall. you wont shine, but itll make your shoot>ff>shoot faster.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Ok so I have tried literally for 30 minutes to do the double jump double laser thing (where one laser is at max height and the other at a normal SHL height) but whenever I do this I only get the max height laser. This is what I am doing:
1. double jump right away
2. shoot laser at max height
3. fast fall right after
4. try and shoot another (I hit b a billion times too to see if I was just timing the b wrong but I still never got it)

obviously i'm messing up somewhere since I see everywhere people doing it so easily haha.
you don't hit B at the peak of your jump, you just shoot as soon as you double jump and the laser will come out at the peak of your jump, then you fast fall and spam B and it'll come out at ground level.

wool

Smash Ace
you don't hit B at the peak of your jump, you just shoot as soon as you double jump and the laser will come out at the peak of your jump, then you fast fall and spam B and it'll come out at ground level.
Oh alright well thats where I was messing up.
Thanks.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Wool if you have any questions you can ask me or mogwai at the tourney this sat :D

Also, I've been wondering. I was practicing waveshining OoS today, and started practicing reverse shield grabbing as well(shield,jump, shine, turn around jump, grab). Is falcon's grab range long enough to justify doing this? Like, I can only see it being useful if they hit your shield and are just far enough away that your shine won't hit but you will manage to grab.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Wool if you have any questions you can ask me or mogwai at the tourney this sat :D

Also, I've been wondering. I was practicing waveshining OoS today, and started practicing reverse shield grabbing as well(shield,jump, shine, turn around jump, grab). Is falcon's grab range long enough to justify doing this? Like, I can only see it being useful if they hit your shield and are just far enough away that your shine won't hit but you will manage to grab.
Unless you're pulling a Silent Wolf and doing something solely for the sake of being flashy, I'm 99% sure this has no utility. You're much better off wavedashing out of shield to shine or ****, just bairing out of shield (bair OoS = 6 frames to jump + 4 frames for bair to come out = 10 frames, I think your shine nonsense takes 6 frames to shine + 4 frames to be able to JC the shine + 7 frames to grab = 17 frames.)

talk to otg, i know he was trying to get some peeps together this week. all i know is wed=no good for me.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are best for me.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Unless you're pulling a Silent Wolf and doing something solely for the sake of being flashy, I'm 99% sure this has no utility. You're much better off wavedashing out of shield to shine or ****, just bairing out of shield (bair OoS = 6 frames to jump + 4 frames for bair to come out = 10 frames, I think your shine nonsense takes 6 frames to shine + 4 frames to be able to JC the shine + 7 frames to grab = 17 frames.)

Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are best for me.
I mean they could hit you with something and then shield. I've done that before, if I mess up and expect them to attack OoS.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Speaking of Brinstar, how the heck does anyone play on that stage!

It sucks so bad.

Also, some of my bairs oos go over the head of foxes...

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
mogwai lets MM at RoM =]

falco ditto, and pikachu (yours) vs my fox.

like 5 dollars ea.

prog u suck and need to come over either today or tomorrow for a lil bit

Big_R

Smash Champion
Speaking of Brinstar, how the heck does anyone play on that stage!

It sucks so bad.

Also, some of my bairs oos go over the head of foxes...
i play it by never losing there cept that oen time to sliq. I reccommend calling it something to make it sound less scary. Own it. For me, it's bigrstar (biggerstar)

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
When a spacie is recovering so that he can either:

A. go up and avoid a Dsmash
B. Ride against the wall to barely grab the wall if they think you expect A

what do you do to edgeguard?

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
When a spacie is recovering so that he can either:

A. go up and avoid a Dsmash
B. Ride against the wall to barely grab the wall if they think you expect A

what do you do to edgeguard?
imo dair almost on the tip of the stage early, it will scare them and make them go straight at which point u can jab or smash or ftilt (i alwas ftilt). and if they go to the edge still u just dair again or dsmash. it doesnt kill them but it puts them in panic recovery mode at which point they wont be able to sweet spot ( especially if u ftilted cuz they have to upB) so u just grab edge and dair.

Top Bottom