• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~ Falco General Discussion ~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
U-tilt and D-tilt are situational.

U-tilt = Early Juggles (Although grabs are usually better) and punishing those above you (On platforms, Peach's dair, etc).

D-tilt = Jab to D-tilt or if you're really desperate for a kill.

However, F-tilt is VERY useful. For example...

-Great for spacing against characters like Metaknight, where getting too close is dangerous.
-Sets up Laser-locks (Potentially)
-Punish moves after shield (Snake f-tilt comes to mind).

That's about it. :) I use F-tilt alot, as it's the most useful of the three.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Whoops, I editted my post with the video link.
But now you got rid of the boxing thread link >_>

---

You should try to utilize as many moves as you can. In addition to why Nyjin said, Utilt can get kills at like . . . 170%. It's not bad since it comes out quick and has a pretty big hit box. I never use Dtilt because it's range is horrible.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Wouldn't a Utilt OoS also be a good option against most aerial approaches?
It comes out really fast and the range is not that bad.

Better then wasting a Usmash imo.

Denzi

Smash Master
Wouldn't a Utilt OoS also be a good option against most aerial approaches?
It comes out really fast and the range is not that bad.

Better then wasting a Usmash imo.

Using an Usmash isn't exactly what I'd call a waste, primarily because we have lasers to easily refresh it. It really depends on what percent your opponent is at and what character they're playing.

(And I'm fairly certain Usmash is faster than Utilt is.)

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Delfino is now one of my favorite stages. Water for easier spikes. The broken uneven part of the stage is like phantasm heaven. Last night I was hanging off the platform and accidentally sideB'd and grabbed the other side of the ledge for awesome mind games. It was more awesome because I was expecting to have killed myself. You can walk off chain grab or laser lock on the umbrella part. There's that one crazy ledge that you can't grab and people always go for for some reason and they get owned.

I also found that Fthrow > laser lock works better for me than Dthrow> jab > laser lock. Anybody else?

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Recovering in that stage is hard, other characters have a easier time abusing Falco from under the stage(MK, DDD, Wario).

But I like it too, but I would never CP it against anyone.

superglucose

Smash Apprentice
He does get punished but as watertails said, it wasn't because of the bpg. I was just wondering if it could be used for spacing, not that it was the best move there.

Opinionated Response:

I find that BPGing after a laser isn't exactly the best option. Typically when Falco SHDL, everyone will expect an attack or grab attempt. So most will shield, roll, or spot dodge. Fewer actually roll than shield or spot dodge from what I have noticed. Even if they do roll, you can still punish the roll withough BPGing. If you are spacing correctly with Lasers, them rolling behind you won't be much of a problem.

The time I find most use for BPG is to punish rollers, CG postioning (splatting xP) or try to cover a possible option when someone is cornered between me and the ledge.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Also agreed. I unstickied the guide we had stickied as well as the counterpick/ ban stage threads since they can just be accessed the the directory thread (which is stickied).

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Time for general talk

My friend thinks Falco is an easy character to pick up and it's just chaingrab and lasers, but when I show him tournament results he's just like 'Well you can tell how bad those falco's are' or 'bad luck in pools'.

He makes me cringe from time to time :(

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
use an other character then. The thing you want to show him is that falco aint that really easy to play.
You probably know Kaak, he can play Falco to a better extent then I can play other characters.

Still, there's alotta 'Falco is easy to pick up' stuff going, just because he's third on the tier list doesn't mean he's (that) easy to pick up

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The fact that there are hardly any Falcos at all considering his Tier List placement is a testament to him not being easy to pick up.

No character is easy to pick up in this game.

No, not even Meta Knight or G&W.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
The fact that there are hardly any Falcos at all considering his Tier List placement is a testament to him not being easy to pick up.

No character is easy to pick up in this game.

No, not even Meta Knight or G&W.
Truth, some characters are just easier to play average, but on high level nothing is easy to pick up.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
haha actually your wrong. most of the high tier characters are extremely easy to pick up. falco and metaknight being one of them. G&W in my opinion is very predictable and limited in his ability. falco is easy because there isnt much you have to learn like most characters in this game.

camp with lasers
jab when they get close
up smash d smash and bair should be your primary kill moves or a well spaced fsmash

once you are comfortable with those things you just have to get use to applying them to all the characters you'll likely see in tourney. its not that hard.

however being smarter then your opponent is hard and is the reason you can't win a tourney at a high level of play.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
haha actually your wrong. most of the high tier characters are extremely easy to pick up. falco and metaknight being one of them. G&W in my opinion is very predictable and limited in his ability. falco is easy because there isnt much you have to learn like most characters in this game.

camp with lasers
jab when they get close
up smash d smash and bair should be your primary kill moves or a well spaced fsmash

once you are comfortable with those things you just have to get use to applying them to all the characters you'll likely see in tourney. its not that hard.

however being smarter then your opponent is hard and is the reason you can't win a tourney at a high level of play.
Yes, Dsmash is a primary killing move.
Yes, jab is the best anti approach especially because most characters approach with something with RANGE (think marth fair, wolf bair)
Yes, camping with lasers is extremely smart against absorbers/reflectors (Ness' down B, Fox' down B)
:dizzy:

Boost smash, SHDL timing, crouch cancelling(to some extent), recovering, phantasm cancelling, silent laser, placing killing moves

All those are more or less ATs... for Falco. He just requires much more practice

Boofy!

Smash Champion
^ Camping with lasers against Fox or Mother boys is something a toddler wouldn't do, so there is no reason to be condescending or sarcastic buddy, considering its a good strategy against about 80% or the cast.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
^ Camping with lasers against Fox or Mother boys is something a toddler wouldn't do, so there is no reason to be condescending or sarcastic buddy, considering its a good strategy against about 80% or the cast.
Seriously, you cant laser camp that much.

People can crawl, absorb and reflect.

But yes, it is one of the main strategies, still it's not 'do that and you win', which is what he basicly said.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
Seriously, you cant laser camp that much.

People can crawl, absorb and reflect.

But yes, it is one of the main strategies, still it's not 'do that and you win', which is what he basicly said.
maybe not so matter of fact but against a fox shining or a idiot using ness u just approach with lasers til they drop their reflect.

crawling gives up any counter attack to the lasers so anyone crawling under them wont do much.

camping beats everyone in the games besides metaknight because he has an answer for everything.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
camping beats everyone in the games besides metaknight because he has an answer for everything.
Well lasers mean we don't ever need to approach Meta Knight, which is certainly a great asset in the matchup.

Yes, lasers have an even greater range than the Galaxia. Mind boggling ****, bro.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I picked up Falco. He's my final and last character I will main/secondary.

Black Falco looks too sick.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
maybe not so matter of fact but against a fox shining or a idiot using ness u just approach with lasers til they drop their reflect.

crawling gives up any counter attack to the lasers so anyone crawling under them wont do much.

I would love to see you try to camp anyone at a high level in tournament play. They're aren't stupid so they know how to get around it. It's really funny. Marth has no projectiles and is considered one of our hardest matchups.

Denzi

Smash Master
I picked up Falco. He's my final and last character I will main/secondary.

Black Falco looks too sick.
Welcome to the Falco boards, step into the next room to receive your bread.
(Note: Bread will be revoked if any rule violations occur, or if you're ever found guilty of extreme stupidity.)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
So me and ozz were talkin today and he told me..........

Tupacalypse568 (3:34:10 PM): im 4th best falco in world
Tupacalypse568 (3:34:11 PM): gtfo
Xyro77 (3:34:14 PM): lol
Xyro77 (3:34:16 PM): ROFL
Xyro77 (3:34:17 PM): OMG

be this true?

Blad01

Smash Lord
No, it's not. :p He's possibly the 4th falco in the U.S.A... But not in the world.

He's the first falco I've seen with a purple suit, though O_O

(Lol emperor time)

wanna give me back my falco broom access?
I was gone for what? like 1 month?
come on
Falco Broom access?

Only the elite have access to falco's "Broom Attack" (aka Dtilt). It takes a special kind of Falco Main to utilize Dtilt, you have to sweep the floor of your opponent just right :laugh:

How many people are in Broom anyway? :/ And it seems strict (but they have cookies :lick:).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom