• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~ Falco General Discussion ~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stafy

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so I discovered this, but I'm not sure if this is already known already so I'll just post:

If you short hop and use a laser while landing, you can move to any tilt or smash. aerials can work too, but aren't that great.

Just wanted to know if this is really old or somewhat new (or to anyone who didn't know this to know it)

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

My god... awesome. Awesome. Haha...

I'm sorry, I'm usually a pretty nice guy. I just... whooooooooooooo.

Yes, it's known, but thank you for sharing information with the community. Falco receives no lag (usually) for landing during his Lasers, and can thus perform any action afterwards.

EDIT: There's very few good Falcos. The fact that Ozz mains Falco and is at least somewhat competent automatically boosts him to like, top 5. I mean, who's above him? DEHF, Kismet, SK92... D1? I haven't seen D1 play that much... I heard Sethlon started playing Falco again, I don't know. Ozz is up there. Whether that says more about his personal level of skill or the big lack of Falcos is really a matter of opinion.

Denzi

Smash Master
EDIT: There's very few good Falcos. The fact that Ozz mains Falco and is at least somewhat competent automatically boosts him to like, top 5. I mean, who's above him? DEHF, Kismet, SK92... D1? I haven't seen D1 play that much... I heard Sethlon started playing Falco again, I don't know. Ozz is up there. Whether that says more about his personal level of skill or the big lack of Falcos is really a matter of opinion.

lol.

And yeah, very few. Kinda depressing.

Okay, so I discovered this, but I'm not sure if this is already known already so I'll just post:

If you short hop and use a laser while landing, you can move to any tilt or smash. aerials can work too, but aren't that great.

Just wanted to know if this is really old or somewhat new (or to anyone who didn't know this to know it)
Like Pure said, that effect has already been discovered long ago and makes up a core part of Falco's gameplay. It's been applied to 2 techs. SHL (Short Hop Laser) and SHDL (Short Hop Laser). Since the laser lands with no lag (silent laser; means no sound game out) it can lead into just about any attack and makes it a great method for approaches and defence against other characters.

I'd recommend taking a look at the stickies. Mostly the one that leads to all other threads. It'll give you a good look at what we have already discovered and the full capabilities that Falco has. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=166854

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Pure, I have just lost all respect for you because of what is in the quote above. Your so mean. :( *sarcasm*

Stafy

Smash Journeyman

Yes, it's known, but thank you for sharing information with the community. Falco receives no lag (usually) for landing during his Lasers, and can thus perform any action afterwards.
it's cool :p

Can lasers cancel aerials as well (like dair to laser so you get no landing lag/ just want to shoot a laser everytime you land? Link has a similar effect).

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I seriously need to get some vids of myself. I don't feel like I deserve the FBR position without Videos...

I'm going Video Uploader hunting, see you alo next season!

clowsui

Smash Legend
i have no vids to upload
i played a seven minute game vs an mk today, he didn't camp + this was game 3
i charged fsmash at the ledge as a habit, i held it for too long
he jumped up and naired me
i was at 143 he was at 123, i had a fresh usmash.
FML

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
So me and ozz were talkin today and he told me..........

Tupacalypse568 (3:34:10 PM): im 4th best falco in world
Tupacalypse568 (3:34:11 PM): gtfo
Xyro77 (3:34:14 PM): lol
Xyro77 (3:34:16 PM): ROFL
Xyro77 (3:34:17 PM): OMG

be this true?
uh wow you obviously made that up lawl i never said that

I never really brag about myself and don't like being cocky, I just let people form opinions about me based off results etc, lol

though ultimaterazer did say i am better than D1 after he played him at apex >.>

wanna give me back my falco broom access?
I was gone for what? like 1 month?
come on
you never really contributed + no results
you aren't very active on these boards.

Denzi

Smash Master
I seriously need to get some vids of myself. I don't feel like I deserve the FBR position without Videos...

I'm going Video Uploader hunting, see you alo next season!

I've never had any vids either, and I'm not even that great a player. I just know what I'm talking about.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Speaking of videos uploaded. I finally got a video of my Falco in some singles action. Let me know what you guys think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwsO4OhpEio&feature=channel_page
Wow, nice match!
You're a great falco, better then me at least (don't trust my vids though :lick:)

At first you kinda got outmatched in close range game, but you eventually decided to keep him away from there, and that turned out for the better.

A few things I think
- No SHDL when he's too close and approaching from the ground, he can punish you badly for it
- More jabs
- Ftilt is a great spacing move
- A little less Fsmash, it's a hard move to use correctly in my opinion.

Overall good Falco, keep going!:love:

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of videos uploaded. I finally got a video of my Falco in some singles action. Let me know what you guys think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwsO4OhpEio&feature=channel_page
At the beggining you desparately tried to grab which is why mk racked up so much damage on you (even though he couldn't kill you because his D-smash was so stale) try to mix it up with tilts and jabs. Ok there was also times where you should of phantasm away to reset your spacing, like when mk was above you dair'ing you, these moments you have to avoid at all cause, normally mks would dair poke your shield twice then tornado you. What you did when you took his 2nd stock is a good example of avoiding those kinda situatuations, lasers are great vs mk since his arial mobility is pretty slow so its hard for them to avoid. I don't know what you say about the recovering because I'm not sure if you did a good job on recovering or he didn't good a good job at gimping since falcos choices are a one way track. That's all I am gonna imma let everyone else state whatever I didn't (I like to critique mistake because people can learn to overcome them and improve) and other than that good job.

In an unrelated note lol
I was thinking of a new way to chaingrab stagespike:
chaingrab to the edge of the stage>pummel>opponent falls>falco falls>bair under stage (fd under lip)>2nd hop uair
Any thoughts?

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
I've been getting quite a bit of Uair kills from them hanging on the ledge too long lately. But they have to be at percentages higher than right after the CG, otherwise the stage spike won't be strong enough and they can gimp you (that's happened a lot too).

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
I've been getting quite a bit of Uair kills from them hanging on the ledge too long lately. But they have to be at percentages higher than right after the CG, otherwise the stage spike won't be strong enough and they can gimp you (that's happened a lot too).
Yea but I'm thinking it'll be quite different imo. The point of bair is to place the opponent under the stage, let's say smashville, while uair has more a pretty good knockback and attempting to do it under the stage will stagespike the opponent downwards. It should still be managable to make it back safely since the top corners of uair are the sweet spots (if I remember right lol) simply just do a uair and DI towards to ledges so that way you can firebird back.

Oh yea by the time your done withe the chaingrab the opponent should be at mid percents or so.

Denzi

Smash Master
Yea but I'm thinking it'll be quite different imo. The point of bair is to place the opponent under the stage, let's say smashville, while uair has more a pretty good knockback and attempting to do it under the stage will stagespike the opponent downwards. It should still be managable to make it back safely since the top corners of uair are the sweet spots (if I remember right lol) simply just do a uair and DI towards to ledges so that way you can firebird back.

Oh yea by the time your done withe the chaingrab the opponent should be at mid percents or so.

I was actually asking about our options out of a ground release a couple of days ago. pure_awesome said he'd look into it, but for now we aren't entirely sure if anything's guaranteed.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
Yea I guess you're right I was only able to get a dair out of a ground release but I think it will only be useful if its unexpeceted(which it obviosly will) and your at a stock lead.

Denzi

Smash Master
Yea I guess you're right I was only able to get a dair out of a ground release but I think it will only be useful if its unexpeceted(which it obviosly will) and your at a stock lead.
Was it a non-FF'd Dair or a regular, fast fall Dair? The slow fall one would let us live, but I don't know if it'd be fast enough to hit them.

Denzi

Smash Master
If its slightly pressed downward you won't fastfall but I fastfalled it though I haven't tested it without it =p
I know how to not fast fall it, I was just wondering which you did.

You should check into the non-FF'd one to see if it works though, good stuff if it does.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master

I've never had any vids either, and I'm not even that great a player. I just know what I'm talking about.
The thing is I know I am good and I want to be recognized for having a good Falco, I don't want to to play this game and not get anything accomplished. Therefor I've been trying to get videos of myself in tourney but I always forget and I rarely go.

I should be attending a tournament in about 2 weeks so if anything I'll most likely have something up by then.

In an unrelated note lol
I was thinking of a new way to chaingrab stagespike:
chaingrab to the edge of the stage>pummel>opponent falls>falco falls>bair under stage (fd under lip)>2nd hop uair
Any thoughts?
It sounds like it takes too long and you never want to challenge someone under stage with Falco, he sucks at that.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
I know how to not fast fall it, I was just wondering which you did.

You should check into the non-FF'd one to see if it works though, good stuff if it does.
Yea its possible but its hard when you're dashing off stage just to then slightly hold the the joy stick down. It won't work on big characters like Dk or bowser since the can grab the ledge after the pummel.

I was playing against my friends mk and I've manage to gimp my friends shuttle loops when the are approaching from below (not under) the stage. I've caught his mk from the top back both times, the first time with bair and he go stagespiked, the second was a dair spike. I received no knockback what so ever and I'm going to try to gimp mk more and look for that opening again XD

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
I've tested the pummel on mk and we know at most cases he can't do nothing in grab release for a certain period of time, when it seens when I chaingrab to pummel by the ledge he is placed under you (when you fall) into a spike zone and he is somewhat stunned for a short period of time and cannot DI out of it (like when wario's is grab release for example). The only problem is getting use to non-fastfalling the dair that way falco can survive. Falcos grab release may have a delay but it can be buffered for a good spike offstage.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
To do an easy run-off non-fastfalled Dair...

1. Run towards the edge.
2. Rotate your control stick so that it's at a 45 degree angle between the edge and the ground (Down and Right or Down and Left.)
3. Run off.
4. C-Stick Dair.

The game reads the control stick as inputting down despite the fact that you're still running, so since the C-stick can't give an input that's already being given, it doesn't auto-fastfall.

Anyway, I've looked into it and it really doesn't seem like Falco can do anything guaranteed out of grab release. I would say it's a good mixup but I really don't see what you could do out of grab release that you couldn't do, better, out of Dthrow. I'll keep looking into it, but I doubt anything will come up.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
To do an easy run-off non-fastfalled Dair...

1. Run towards the edge.
2. Rotate your control stick so that it's at a 45 degree angle between the edge and the ground (Down and Right or Down and Left.)
3. Run off.
4. C-Stick Dair.

The game reads the control stick as inputting down despite the fact that you're still running, so since the C-stick can't give an input that's already being given, it doesn't auto-fastfall.

Anyway, I've looked into it and it really doesn't seem like Falco can do anything guaranteed out of grab release. I would say it's a good mixup but I really don't see what you could do out of grab release that you couldn't do, better, out of Dthrow. I'll keep looking into it, but I doubt anything will come up.
If you input C-stick you may FF because it has to be slightly pressed as well. Trying to grab really spike off the stage would be better than chaingrab because you can avoid your opponent teching the spike and get a stock off. Falcos grab release does have a slight delay, but it would be preferable to test it out and see whether or or it is inescapable or not by using mk & wario who fall subsjects to on by most characters.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Wings and Brew IV

Singles Bracket:
1: Keitaro ($110) (Falco)
2: Quivo ($51) (Toon Link)
3: AlphaZealot ($32) (Diddy Kong)
4: Z ($18) (Meta Knight)
5: Crunch ($9) (Wario)
5: Argent ($9) (Lucario)
7: IThrowThings (Sonic)
7: Wakka (Diddy Kong)
9: BallistaBoy
9: Mr. E
9: Mars
9: King Yoshi
13: Moose
13: Champ
13: Keist
13: Sil

Keitaro's coming back lul. Good stuff.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Just in.

SK92 and DEHF on teams vs double MK. Last MK vs SK and DEHF. One Falco grabs, dthrow. Other Falco footstools to both Falco laser lock to 200+%. Epic play is epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom