• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~ Falco General Discussion ~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Its in Doubles right now.

DSF, BoA, Teba and someone else are playing.

I heard M2K took first, course, SK92 took 2nd.

And I also heard that a 13-year old Ness player named FOW took out Tyrant, and got 4th.

wtffff. That's pretty sexy.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Its in Doubles right now.

DSF, BoA, Teba and someone else are playing.

I heard M2K took first, course, SK92 took 2nd.

And I also heard that a 13-year old Ness player named FOW took out Tyrant, and got 4th.

wtffff. That's pretty sexy.
wwwwwwwwooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww That's crazy.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Tyrant is top 3... I personally put him under Dojo.

DEHF used D3 cause... well I mean, they need someone who can kill.

They're trying to get Fow vers M2K on the livestream right now, so get in there.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
Lack of Ness experience, or ness is a lot better than people give him credit for. Perhaps... FOW is greater than M2K :cool:
Fow did state that mk is his best match up, and m2k sd'ed because he tried to gimp fow offstage. His ness isn't as easy to gimp where he would keep a good distance to recover, plus found openings in mks attacks (like when m2k tried to air camp dairs).
then again this is the falco boards so he got ***** by sk92 chaingrabs, but I think he should of threw away the match to him because I thought fow can take out dsf and go toe to toe against to m2k due to lack of expirience vs ness.

Jon?

Smash Champion
I was on the live stream during the Fow vs SK92 match. Everyone wanted SK to throw the match. Seems like Fow was the fan favorite to go far. 1st and 3rd game of the match, SK just CG to spike all three stocks basically. 2nd match was pretty intense where Fow counterpicked Frigate Orphean and it was a pretty close match. CGs to spike were not that effective on that map.

cough tier whores cough
*coughscrubstatementcough*

I normally don't look at tournaments. So for the majority of the larger ones, what is the typical character turn out? I expect people through the B tier, but I don't know of anyone really below that. But is there like all 39 characters represented?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'm just saying that the best character can even lose from the lowest, it's just less probable.

I think it's just being overhyped, sure it's cool he's 'only 13' and 'low tier' but nevertheless I think it's overhyped. M2K often gets beat while scanning the opponent

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
lul SK92 knows the Ness matchup to well already. FOW attends most weeklies in Nevada, so SK has matchup experience.

FOW does usually get Top 3 though. Who won dubz?

Oreos

Smash Apprentice
Project D said:
GGS, they were my secondaries,
regarding your Falco, you're over-reliant on your chain grabs and a rather defensive falco, I've devised a training method
paly with someone roughly the same level as you, but without using ANY grabs and/or without lasers as you are reliant on them as well.
i was confused if this was a complement or if he was being serious. I didn't spam lasers in those matches either. Can somebody tell me if i should take this advice with a grain of salt?

and btw how does FOW get to tournies if hes 13 <__<

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Originally Posted by Project D
GGS, they were my secondaries,
regarding your Falco, you're over-reliant on your chain grabs and a rather defensive falco, I've devised a training method
paly with someone roughly the same level as you, but without using ANY grabs and/or without lasers as you are reliant on them as well.

Do not....do not do this. Grabs are one of Falcos best punish moves as it gives >12% with pummels and puts him at a very advantageous position. Lasers are one of Falcos best pressure moves. It forces them to approach while refreshing your moves and doing damage.

I didn't see your videos, but if you are reliant on grabs and lasers, learn when is the best time to use them instead of using them everywhere. Also know what your other moves are and how they work(if you think you do, go back and double check, up tilt is amazing for catching air dodges and has ridiculous priority) so you an mix up when you need to.

Oh and FOW is a f***ing man...

Oreos

Smash Apprentice
i was using shdl to boost smash and i was mostly grabbing when he rolled but yeah i tend to get really grabby when they are at low percents.Is fast fall dair into the ground mostly for mindgames or is it for something else i mean i use both regular and fast falled was wondering when's the proper time to use both. next couple wifi matches imma just try to grab only when there is an opening and not just spam it.

yeah i have the replays of it im going to see if i can video tape the replays and post them :o

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Dash, then let the control stick reset to a neutral position. Dash again to restart the animation and cancel the beginning of the animation with an Fsmash. You can do it with any character, I'm fairly sure.

i was confused if this was a complement or if he was being serious. I didn't spam lasers in those matches either. Can somebody tell me if i should take this advice with a grain of salt?
People like saying that make themselves feel better after you just beat them down. Don't take his advice. Grabs and Lasers are Falco's A game.

and btw how does FOW get to tournies if hes 13 <__<
His mom drives him and his sister hangs out with him... I think.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Picachu have being able to get more free damage in? Doesn't seem broken at all. I hope that doesn't work.

On the lighter side of things, I managed to break into PRs as the first Brawl Falco main in my State. Hurrays.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
GOD **** IT. Rolling is so ****ing broken on Wifi it's not even funny. All you need to do is roll behind somebody then start smashing A and you'll beat them out because you buffered your jab before you even rolled and they didn't see it coming soon enough. **** wifi forever man. It's so frustrating when I just try to turn around in place and grab and I end up dash grabbing for some ******** reason. I can't even backflip and laser on wifi because it only reads like half of my inputs. I end up either jumping in place, ground lasering, or both.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
GOD **** IT. Rolling is so ****ing broken on Wifi it's not even funny. All you need to do is roll behind somebody then start smashing A and you'll beat them out because you buffered your jab before you even rolled and they didn't see it coming soon enough. **** wifi forever man. It's so frustrating when I just try to turn around in place and grab and I end up dash grabbing for some ******** reason. I can't even backflip and laser on wifi because it only reads like half of my inputs. I end up either jumping in place, ground lasering, or both.
You have to play smoothly and adaptive to the connection, just as if you would adapt to certain matchups imo. I'm not a big fan of using falco on wifi but I can play him fluently and calm and avoiding pressing so many buttons. Maybe its just natural instict since I know falco in and out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom