• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~ Falco General Discussion ~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

ftl

Smash Journeyman

xAgent Mainex

Smash Rookie
We need a confirmation if it works with all items or not. If it works with all items... well... Diddy matches will sure be interesting.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Of course it doesn't work with all items.

Falco flies up because he's bouncing off the shell. The only other item it could potentially work with is the Spring (which, to my knowledge, it doesn't).

xAgent Mainex

Smash Rookie
So, I have only recently picked up Falco as a main, and have been having issues with the SHDL. Basically just the timing of it. Is there maybe a possibility someone could make like a metronome-type sound file to help get the timing down?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
So, I have only recently picked up Falco as a main, and have been having issues with the SHDL. Basically just the timing of it. Is there maybe a possibility someone could make like a metronome-type sound file to help get the timing down?
This belongs in the Q&A thread. But anyway... here goes
It goes: *Pew Pew*
Basically, fire the first laser when you're at the apex of Falco's Shorthop.
Do you need to learn how to gatling combo too? You can ask that next if you want.

zamz

Smash Journeyman
-Watch a video of a Falco.
-Find a point in the video when he does a proper SHDL.
-Rewatch this point many times.
-Learn the Falco's position in the air when he shoots his first laser.
-Remember the timing of the lasers.
-Go into training mode.
-Trial and Error it for a couple minutes until you can do it once yourself.
-Recreate what you did to make a proper SHDL.
-Keep practicing until you can do it reliably.

We can't teach you motor skills. It's really something you'll have to practice on your own.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Guys we should go on xat chat more, especially during times of matchup discussion.

xAgent Mainex

Smash Rookie
This belongs in the Q&A thread. But anyway... here goes
It goes: *Pew Pew*
Basically, fire the first laser when you're at the apex of Falco's Shorthop.
Do you need to learn how to gatling combo too? You can ask that next if you want.
Ya, I've got the basic idea of it down, and I know to start at the apex, I'm just having trouble with the timing. Anyway, thanks for trying to help. I suppose I'll just get back to practicing :)

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Just a note - there should be a line from "Yes" to "take path B", right (after "did the first laser come out"?

Also, that guide is pure awesome. I think you're my favorite Falco main now.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Seth's ZSS isn't tourney-ready yet, I don't think.

This is just speculation, but I personally believe that the main reason Seth wants to pick up ZSS is so that he can **** teams with Hylians GaW.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Wouldn't it be better to go pikachu with G&W?

Anyway, you're probably right about the fact that his ZSS isn't tourney-ready yet. But the best way to improve is to use her in tournaments, right?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Idk how this got missed... but apparently Pikachu CGs Falco from 20-100% with a plain dthrow. EDIT: NOT THE LEDGE ONE. This works ANYWHERE. Just wondering your thoughts? (Its been tested true and being retested for more confirmation)

If you plan to test it yourself:

Rule 1: No training mode, dthrow has to get staled
Rule 2: You must BUFFER the grab.

about buffering: "the buffering window is rather big. You can buffer as early as when pika is falling halfway through the dthrow. When he bounces up in a ball and falls, about halfway through." (Quoted from K_Prime)

Denzi

Smash Master
I thought that that was only when Falco was hanging over the ledge? If it is, then it's not that bad, but if it works anywhere, then we might have something to worry about.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
This works anywhere. Pikachus have NOT been buffering grabs this entire year O_O I mean we CG MK now to 60% cause of buffering.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Oi Ussi, dont broadcast this everywhere -_-; I really wish pikapika! hadnt posted that list with the CGs

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
LOL

guess you guys will not get the jump on them.
Now they are gonna try to"not get grabbed".
Anther's ace is discovered :D
Well fact is we still have the CG.
Kind of like ice climbers.
You can the space to death but they're still gonna get the grab on you once and awhile.
and for falco it pretty much means death

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well fact is we still have the CG.
Kind of like ice climbers.
You can the space to death but they're still gonna get the grab on you once and awhile.
and for falco it pretty much means death
Luckily for Falco though, he HAS to get grabbed between 20% - 30% or the chain grabs won't work since they rely on the move's staleness. Plus the first throw has to be fresh. Chances are that a good pika will be able to land this fairly easy though.

Even better for MK is that it has to be around 10% - 13% so the window there is smaller.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Luckily for Falco though, he HAS to get grabbed between 20% - 30% or the chain grabs won't work since they rely on the move's staleness. Plus the first throw has to be fresh. Chances are that a good pika will be able to land this fairly easy though.

Even better for MK is that it has to be around 10% - 13% so the window there is smaller.
thing about falco... if he gets grabbed anywhere before 30% (If that is the cap o_O) he's gone since Pikachu CGs Falco with FTHROW 0-50% xD

So at 0% it would be fthrow x 2 > pummel > dthrow to 100%ish > nair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom