• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~ Falco General Discussion ~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
So I was playing on Delfino recently, and I realized that Falco's noise when he starts to swim is top tier. Seriously. I take back ever wanting to ban MK now. It's that good.

donferd_donster

Smash Cadet
My personal favorite is the yellow cowboy get-up. Makes him seem like an old western cowboy shooting all the bad guys with a newly developed revolver lol!

Denzi

Smash Master
My personal favorite is the yellow cowboy get-up. Makes him seem like an old western cowboy shooting all the bad guys with a newly developed revolver lol!
It's the f***ing Golden Jacket, not the "yellow cowboy get-up". Call it that again and we'll chaingrab you off the Falco boards.
lol @ people who think I'm serious =]

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's the f***ing Golden Jacket, not the "yellow cowboy get-up". Call it that again and we'll chaingrab you off the Falco boards.
lol @ people who think I'm serious =]
Then spike them down to the Kirby boards.

Denzi

Smash Master
why not make a match-up thread with real probabilities without DDD infinite and CG?

^This will get you an answer similar to the one below.

Because there's no point. Falco can chaingrab > spike. Get over it. It's allowed in tournaments, so it's a part of falco's game.

Just replace "Falco" with "D3" and "chaingrab > spike" with "CA and infinate".

Denzi

Smash Master
Falco mainers. Explain silent laser to me por favor.
Q&A thread generally will give you a quicker response, just so you know.

Silent Laser: When you time your pressing of the B button so that Falco's laser comes out right before he hits the ground. It skips the firing animation and sound (thus the name), and allows Falco to land completely laglessly, which is why it's so awesome.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Since this is just random Falco discussion, I thought I'd start my own topic. The people that play him. One of the reasons I stuck with Falco as a main was the community on the boards. It may be a little inactive at times, but the activity is there where it counts, and discussions are always intelligent and insightful, and differences in opinion and analysis are respected and debated in a civil manner (well, by the members that count, which is basically everyone except like 2). Not only that, but the people here also have a great sense of humour and maintain an entertaining atmosphere.
I've been on many character boards, but it's because of the people here that I was able to take my Falco game above that of any other character I use. That's right, the reason why I main Falco, is because the community behind him on SWF is awesome. Yes, you guys ARE awesome. (I'm sure you already know.)

tl;dr version: You guys on the Falco boards are awesome, you're the reason I main Falco

P.S. I posted this here because I didn't think it would be a good idea to make a thread out of it, and call it "I Love You Everyone!!! ^_____^"....yeah not a good idea

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm assuming of course, but you guys would probably know one or two things about Falco right? ;)

Hey, well the Peach's are currently discussing him as a possible secondary!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=200253

Just pop in and inform us on some general info. What are Falco's good/bad matchups?

(And as I've said in the other thread, we're also discussing counterpick stages. Click here to contribute a bit.)

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I hope I'm a part of your post teran
Of course, just because your country is better than us at Cricket and Rugby, doesn't mean there's any hard feelings. :laugh:

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I use the brown/black costume.
Another thing, am I the only one who feels bad laser locking somebody? xD
Not sure why, but I always let them out extremely early because they are so helpless.
Same with chaingrabs to spikes, If i do it more than once per game, it's because they are d-bags, or I'm losing.
I know this is an old post but holy hell that's me too lol

ftl

Smash Journeyman
If you're playing to win then there's no such thing as honour and dignity.
Bah, It bugs me when people say that. There's still plenty of 'honor' and 'dignity' and 'sportsmanship' even when playing to win. It's just that scrubs extend that way farther than is right, down to in-game strategy.

(So yes, I agree that bowz and cherry are being scrubby and stupid, but I think that "there's no such thing as honour" is too far to take it...)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I usually CG three times and blaster fire with a short hop a lot to paralyze my enemy but I usually go hand to hand after.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I spam, camp, CG and spike mercilessly. If you don't like it, then you can f*** off. After all, many people I play enjoy playing me because it adds to the challenge. It puts you on your toes when your opponent will punish you for every mistake you make. I much prefer playing merciless opponents, it brings out the best in us all.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I spam, camp, CG and spike mercilessly. If you don't like it, then you can f*** off. After all, many people I play enjoy playing me because it adds to the challenge. It puts you on your toes when your opponent will punish you for every mistake you make. I much prefer playing merciless opponents, it brings out the best in us all.
Only casuals I play call CGs cheap. Everybody else should expect to get it sooner or later.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Before the Delfino Plaza glitch was discovered, I was playing my friend on that stage, and we were roughly the same skill level at the time. I knocked him off, and when he recovered, he activated what we now know as the Delfino Plaza glitch.

At the time, we had no idea what it was and thought he had just warped through the stage for no reason. We didn't know it was stage-specific or why it had happened.

And I let him recover back up through the stage. It would have been completely lame of me to have tried to profit from the situation; I hadn't done anything to earn that advantage, and he hadn't done anything to earn that disadvantage.

People just take the "Play to Win" philosophy too far, though we don't have many examples of this happening at high level play. In pro-MMA, if a leg kick is misplaced and strikes someone in the groin, or he takes a thumb to the eye, and the ref doesn't see it, his opponent doesn't react like a jerk and rush in for the kill. He backs off and lets the ref figure it out and give him a few minutes to recover. We don't really have anything like this, where something accidental happens that immediately gives one player an advantage.

But you would still think this is how it would be at high-level Smash. If a piece of drywall fell on M2K's head mid-match, I'd like to think that Azen would be a nice enough guy to not run up and smash him off the stage.

So yes, I would think that there is honour at high levels of play, it's just rarely seen due to the controlled nature of our competition, and the fact that there's nothing actually dishonourable about laser locking, chaingrabs, etc.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'd pick up the drywall pieces and smash him over the head with it again, maybe that way I could beat him.
Another method of beating M2K has just been discovered... violent assault, although I don't condone it, he seems like ok guy and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom