• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~ Falco General Discussion ~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
I have a quick question about falco...
I see combo vids of falcos doing a dash attack then an up smash quickly enough for an actual combo.
I cant emulate this with my falco. I can only do it when I actually connect with the dash. Is that the only to do it, if it is, which way is the best way to do it? I do it with the c-stick then an up z.
Yeah I believe it's just the dash attack to usmash. I actually just do a->c-stick up.

G J Cod

Smash Cadet
Falco was my ULTIMATE character in melee. I still use him in BRAWL quite a bit.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
Learn to play melee competatively, get a job, earns some money, Learn some Japanese, get a plane ticket to japan, ask the same wquestion there....(probably fail miserable after a while), come back, kick your brothers ***.

or you can learn the stuff yourself and ask othe rpeople here online for tips because finding bombsoilder wont help at all. (Plus he is not the Falco god of Brawl)

Browny

Smash Hater
today i ran out to attack my brother (playing fox) off stage, i knew hed use side b to recover so i SH over the ledge and d-aired immediately after, spiked him right out of the fox illusion :) too awesome

i just had to tell someone :p

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
Falco is a good character that I really want to master, I almost beat my friend with him too and that is why I am trying to master him. So to sum it all up, if you know how to use Falco, he can be a very good character to play as.

JordPWN

Smash Cadet
Does any have the information/a link to Falco's frame data? It'd be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I used to be a Pikachu user and then a Toon Link user and now I am a Falco user! Yeah, Falco rocks. Well, until somebody else steps on the plate of course.

tonyrulz92

Smash Apprentice
Can somebody tell me what Falco says during one of his taunts? "Hands off my _____"
I believe he says friends but my friend keeps arguing its prey. Tell me he's wrong.

Kazon

Smash Cadet
i had to laugh when i read 'hands off my friends'
of course it's 'hands off my bread!!!'
period.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
I like using Falco he was my main in Melee though i didnt knew about any advanced techniques. I liked to play him because he just was better then Fox in my opinion and its the only character that i could beat my friend with :p does any1 have a link to advanced techniques for SSBB Falco? thnx in advance

Kazon

Smash Cadet
I like using Falco he was my main in Melee though i didnt knew about any advanced techniques. I liked to play him because he just was better then Fox in my opinion and its the only character that i could beat my friend with :p does any1 have a link to advanced techniques for SSBB Falco? thnx in advance
just take a look at the stickies =)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hello peeps. I'm picking up Falco again to back up my Olimar. I've got a question. I can SHDL fine(two lasers following each other), but I can't figure out to SHDL (two lasers-one at top of the SH, one in the middle of the top of the SH and the ground. Can anyone tell me what I'm probably doing wrong? thanks.

~DanGR

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
You mean reverse boost/pivot grab?

Run, hit down on the C-Stick, opposite direction on the Joy stick and Z at the same time. The timing is kinda' hard but not all so much, so I suggest if you can't get it all at once, try different speeds.

I'll edit the link with a short-post I made about it. Nothing to in-depth though. :\

EDIT:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=183965

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Which are the differences that make the Falco’s landmaster unique? Is the cannon more powerful than the one equipped in Fox’s?

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
the pivot grab may seen to be at da same time but its not. you got to hit z first then use the c-stick right away or you might just end up getting a dash attack.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Green Falco is indeed, the win. It is the bread.

Yeah, I was having trouble with the boosted pivot grab too. Now that I can see the instructions, I'll give it a shot when I get back to the apartment.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Do you guys think i should make a falco stage discussion thread? or we could just discuss his best stages here.

Obviously Japes is one of his best stages. But i only take DeDeDe, Snake, and Fox there. I find it hard to get upsmash kills with the other characters, but D3 snake and fox can be chaingrabbed and killed horiztonally.

I'm thinking Final Desination and Battlefield are probably his best stages as well. Battlefields platforms are awesome and upsmash kills good here. and FD is good for the camping.

However we need people to test out more stages!! lets find out what stages falco does best on besides the three i just mentioned.

Lets also discuss Falcos worst stages. ill start with saying lylat cruise is a terrible stage for falco. i think i will always strike that.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
WTF? That just struck me.

Jungle Japes DOES ****. If you D-Throw Dair into the left side from the main platform into the river, they die!

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
^^^And this is how Jungle Japes got banned from tournies in Florida. ^^^

:-/ Sorry, next time I won't try so hard.

Smasher_Ball

Smash Rookie
I like Green. If I get bored I go Black. Also if somebody can help me with this... In melee im really good at short hopping, and all things involving it. short hop laser and what not. but i just cant get shl down in brawl.! what is the timing! i either shoot to early and shoot over their head. or too late and the shot is acnceld... or i land then falco shoots. I would really like to resolve this. please some one... anyone! help! :D lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom