• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Beats Fox!!

Turazrok

Smash Master
Lemme just say Loveage is better than you jugscrub. That's all I care about.

PB&J

Smash Hero
like i said..if jman really wants to learn the match up..he sould go play lambchops who lives one block away from him...

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Skill does not equal fame. Nor does saying because someone is better than someone else immature.
lol what??

learn to English better please. I think you need a few more words at the end of that sentence.

but yea im sure lovage is a lot better than me.

probably upsmashes oos shield a lot better than me as well.

but I gobbled up the 3 billy goats gruff so where's my hype??

****ing goats and their hooves.

also if someone learns how to power shield consistently out of dashdance vs falco I'll psychically give them 1000 barrels of props.

Animal

Smash Lord
hmm off topic but i wish we could simulate mangos fox vs his falco.

Turazrok

Smash Master
lol what??

learn to English better please. I think you need a few more words at the end of that sentence.

Meh I needed a few words there, but I'm sure anyone not mentally ******** understood the meaning there. I'm just trollin.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I can powershield pretty consistently out of dds
I powershielded well enough to make bzoo say "****in' tomacawk"

jugfingers

Smash Champion
i do this with marth, can i has?
I'll give you a hundred for marth

Meh I needed a few words there, but I'm sure anyone not mentally ******** understood the meaning there. I'm just trollin.
thats ok, I respect trolls.

however your trolling is sloppy and unkempt. you should tighten up your drells like archie bell.

also I find powershielding slightly easier out of dashdance for some reason, like running towards a laser and powershielding is easier than standing in one place, any thoughts on this??

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
technically its slightly easier to powershield when moving forward, and likewise slightly harder to powershield when moving backwards.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
yeah it sucked so much that you guys didnt get to play cuz you would have put up a good fight against mango + lucky.

honestly no one gave them a challenge they just rolled everyone.

I love jmans quote in teams"I just make them go near the edge where mew2king is" hahaha

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
the problem comes when falco lasers while close to you and attacks your shields and fulljumps
This reminds me of something I wanted to post a while ago. Alot of the time mid-level Falcos get hit is because of badly spaced lasers, and once the knockdown occurs GGs. If you're closer to the Falco than in the situation Big D described (wherein you can crouch+shine Falco's body or jab him or something) then go for it.

like i said..if jman really wants to learn the match up..he sould go play lambchops who lives one block away from him...
lol Lambchops has some sexy *** laser placement. I'm pretty sure he doesn't play that much anymore though. Last I heard, he forfeited part-way through of the last tournament he entered.

also if someone learns how to power shield consistently out of dashdance vs falco I'll psychically give them 1000 barrels of props.
This isn't actually that difficult to do. Considering all characters can shield at any point during their dash, all you really need is a keen eye and good timing. Those are the fundamentals of professional smash play right there, so most players have a pretty good success rate when it comes to that. Not sure if this is just me, but I find it easier with some characters and MUCH harder with others. It could probably just be shield size and stuff though.

I've played him, it is quite scary.
Wait...you're from Canada? Mindgaaames

Charlesz

Smash Champion
This reminds me of something I wanted to post a while ago. Alot of the time mid-level Falcos get hit is because of badly spaced lasers, and once the knockdown occurs GGs. If you're closer to the Falco than in the situation Big D described (wherein you can crouch+shine Falco's body or jab him or something) then go for it.

lol Lambchops has some sexy *** laser placement. I'm pretty sure he doesn't play that much anymore though. Last I heard, he forfeited part-way through of the last tournament he entered.

This isn't actually that difficult to do. Considering all characters can shield at any point during their dash, all you really need is a keen eye and good timing. Those are the fundamentals of professional smash play right there, so most players have a pretty good success rate when it comes to that. Not sure if this is just me, but I find it easier with some characters and MUCH harder with others. It could probably just be shield size and stuff though.

Wait...you're from Canada? Mindgaaames
Hell yes lol. I might be moving to toronto to study in university ( brock or york , haven't decided ), so maybe I could get a game or 2 with you or unknown at a tourny or something. I really want to play you guys lol.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Sounds good. Alot of the smashers we hang with go to York. They have a couple of rooms for Melee/Brawl every Wednesday.

Maybe I just helped you with your decision? haha

unknown522

Some guy
Hell yes lol. I might be moving to toronto to study in university ( brock or york , haven't decided ), so maybe I could get a game or 2 with you or unknown at a tourny or something. I really want to play you guys lol.
alright, I known.

Anyways, where in canada do you live at now?

I know who diakonos is, but I don't think i've ever seen him dashdance into it he usually powershields in place then dashes out of it into a grab
Diakanos is really good.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
I still in Ottawa right now. The smash scene is coming back but it's still really small.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Most of the time I talk to people about the falco match up, usually asking for advice, they say falco isnt hard to beat once you figure out how to get past the lasers, I usually use fox to counter falco cause he flies sofar when you catch him in a shine and fox is fast enough to chase and grab him out of whatever counter he decides to do, if he techs that is.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I played kels' and tink's falcos yesterday and i'm finally seeing how the matchup can be difficult. From neutral position its hard to get a hit on falco because falco can outrange you and keep your speed in check with lasers. Once you hit falco you can potentially take a stock by leaving him little to no options of escape. Once falco gets a hit he can auto combo to 50% then after that he has to get a read to do any combos.

I still think the matchup is even, but one of those really-difficult-for-both-sides evens that the tops tiers tend to produce.

unknown522

Some guy
nah. I got ***** by blunted object, and Diakonos usually beats him........(thought I don't think I'd lose to diakonos, but maybe. Only time will tell...).

I still in Ottawa right now. The smash scene is coming back but it's still really small.
oh yeah. I saw those vids of that falcon player vs diakanos, from one of your guys' tourney. Blitz I think is his name IIRC.

The only people in ottawa that still plays that I know is ganonpwn.

I also remember when locke was the best player in ottawa, but I haven't heard from that guy in more than 2 years.

Vanitas

Smash Ace
oh yeah. I saw those vids of that falcon player vs diakanos, from one of your guys' tourney. Blitz I think is his name IIRC.

The only people in ottawa that still plays that I know is ganonpwn.

I also remember when locke was the best player in ottawa, but I haven't heard from that guy in more than 2 years.
BL!TZ is legittt
anyways Unknown522, you should come down to play the Ottawa scene! We re reviving bit by bit with Wak coming back and GanonPWN! occasionally popping out every now and then :p We also heard news that Tect might be down here for the summer...maybe.

And regarding Locke..im pretty sure he gave up Smash a while back :(

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I played kels' and tink's falcos yesterday and i'm finally seeing how the matchup can be difficult. From neutral position its hard to get a hit on falco because falco can outrange you and keep your speed in check with lasers. Once you hit falco you can potentially take a stock by leaving him little to no options of escape. Once falco gets a hit he can auto combo to 50% then after that he has to get a read to do any combos.

I still think the matchup is even, but one of those really-difficult-for-both-sides evens that the tops tiers tend to produce.
I think you're missing how lasers don't do anything at high level because of powershielding.

unknown522

Some guy
BL!TZ is legittt
anyways Unknown522, you should come down to play the Ottawa scene! We re reviving bit by bit with Wak coming back and GanonPWN! occasionally popping out every now and then :p We also heard news that Tect might be down here for the summer...maybe.

And regarding Locke..im pretty sure he gave up Smash a while back :(
I'll come eventually

Top Bottom