• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo World 2k7 matches ft. Ken, Mango, HugS, PC Chris, DSF, Eddie, Chu, Chillin

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Also either way, at the Falco matchup Almost every Samus player loses to a equally good Falco player.
So far I'd call that one in Falco's favor. Just because HugS has practiced the match like crazy and knows what he is doing really well just means he is a good player. It doesn't mean the match is balanced.
Poor logic. If what Hugo is doing to succeed at the matchup is a repeatable strategy that can be taken from his game and applied to any Samus (which it is), then it's a character advantage, not Hugo being good at it. Other Samuses aren't doing what Hugo is doing, which is why they lose; it's not that they are doing what Hugo is doing and simply losing because they aren't doing it as well as he is.

JFox

Smash Hero
I actually have to agree. Hugs is just far more patient than most other players. Most people got impatient and approach falco at bad times, making falco have an advantage because of samus' lack of approach game. You cant just jump up over lasers and fall on him with nair, its stupid. But people dont like to sit in their shield and force/exploit mistakes.

strawhats

Smash Master
I wonder what would have happened had m2k not lost to mango in pools. Would ken beat him in a marth ditto. We will never know now, come back Ken. :(

strawhats

Smash Master
Hell no kens primes would **** m2k m2k said himself he was scared to play kens marth m2k was at his prime at oc3 against kens marth where ken said himself he played like **** and still one a match ken would **** m2k because ken knows how m2k plays
Finally somebody who agrees with me. If ken could be at weakest, play like ****, and still win a match while m2k is in his prime, ther's no telling what could have been had ken played a bit longer. :)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Not like any of that matters. "Primes" and whatnot are good for nostalgia, but the main thing that matters is who is the best at whatever right now.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
**** I never noticed how much better Hugs was until now. In these vids he's like heads and shoulders above any samus. No wonder people put Samus lower than alot of people on Tier list...no one plays him like Hugo Gonzo.

Sh fair with Jiggs is great geez.

Stev

Smash Ace
M2K was pissed Ken wouldn't play him. He flat out challenged him and Ken refused. I think Ken realized that his time was up, but he hadn't lost anything definitive yet, so stayed away from it. Ken lucked out in that tournament, and m2k was pissed.

Sleepy

Smash Ace
lol yeah I read up on this he's still a little bugged that ken ducked out..

Though ken did make clear statements that he was permaquit after evo 2k7. M2k I could see why he was bothered though, dumb evo world crap he got eliminated way too quickly I think without even double elimination. Ken is a really intimidating player though, he never really just gave people matches even if they beat him for the most part I think lol. M2k is still urked though that ken didn't take him up on his challange, can't really blame either one to be honest...

though it would';ve been kinda interesting at evo 2k7 ken almost looked like what he should've been all of those years, and played a lot better.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
he qq'd

i can't believe he deleted his account >_> he's pretty much a legend among the community like itsbme.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
julian didnt delete his account, im pretty sure youtube gayed him and deleted it for whatever reason... i forget the exact story he told me :3
god i hate youtube these days. first they block the hitler is pissed videos and now this....this is far worse.
now where the **** are people gonna go for old school smash? my crappy *** channel? all i had to upload was the scraps left that he didnt consider worthy of uploading lol

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Juggleguy's Youtube Profile Comments from sweetxignorance:

(3 months ago)
"I don't mean to bother you, but how far are you with saving the videos? "

"Sounds great. Sorry for putting you through such a tedious task. >_> "

(2 months ago)
"Well, hopefully you'll have some time to finish before the end of the month. :p I'm almost eager to get rid of it haha "

(1 month ago)
"OK I don't mean to be rude or to rush you, but I'll get rid of this in about two more weeks."

I remember reading after Pound that he was just sick of it and mentioned deleting it [still don't understand the reasoning for deleting it...oh well] and Juggleguy, iirc, asked if he could re-up them.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
julian didnt delete his account, im pretty sure youtube gayed him and deleted it for whatever reason... i forget the exact story he told me :3
are you sure?

he made a facebook post saying something along the lines of "youtube finally deleted"

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ridiculously selfish and rude to so many people

discredits anything you've ever done to do such a thing.

/displeased

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
After Pound 4 he asked me to download all the vids and re-upload them. I saved a lot of his channel, then got busy with school in March. I was almost done, but then he abruptly deleted his account lol.

DJMirror

Smash Master
He told me he quit smash after R3 *shrug* he's still playing smash haha he went to other tournaments like wintergamefest, UC Irvine Fusion 1, etc.

Top Bottom