• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo World 2k7 matches ft. Ken, Mango, HugS, PC Chris, DSF, Eddie, Chu, Chillin

araknophobik

Smash Master
what the heck is pound 3? sounds like some sandwich from subway or something, real good one bro
wow
your account should be banned just for saying this

pound 3 was the last large tournament in melee
and mango, after playing thru 3 rounds of pools (being a brawl noob you might not know what pools are) he throws his first round in the bracket and came back from losers bracket to win the whole tournament.

also alot of mindgames/spaceing transfers to brawl from melee, its just more noob friendly so it isn't as efective. and yes mango placed really well at brawl tournies with lack of playing at the game but chooses not to play it because he doesn't enjoy it

whats your excuse for being bad

actually im not going to read your response because i just felt like putting you on blast =]

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
You've never played a samus like mine. I guarantee you'll change your mind.
haha I'm pretty sure you'll beat me easily and I didn't play a Samus like yours ever, but I'm not changing my mind.. I think Falco has at least little advantage on Samus (not in small places like yoshi's story or FoD however, since Falco hasn't enough space to make proper laser-pressure and stuff..)

nd lol at mango's falco.. he does a lot of weird things with him and still he won on HugS.. ****

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
wouldn't be surprised if mango was the best player in the world with his fox, falco and jigglypuff

his falco is insane. you won't believe it til you play it. i haven't seen his jigglypuff in months... all he goes are fox and falco. lmao if he actually gets his marth good, too.

Linguini

Smash Master
LoL @ linguini.

Truth be told, I still believe mango got lucky.

However, I would toss any and all falcos from florida, guaranteed.
Yeah, you probably would, no one here knows how to fight samus hah.
I know your mad good vs.falco i was just ****ing around,but truth is he probably won because he knows your style real well.

Id gladly mm mango's falco for $100 with my ganon, accept?

araknophobik

Smash Master
i'd love to see that
just because you'd probably win the first match
then mango would figure you out and win the set

p.s. i remember watching you **** dope at FC. **** was amazing

Linguini

Smash Master
i'd love to see that
just because you'd probably win the first match
then mango would figure you out and win the set

p.s. i remember watching you **** dope at FC. **** was amazing
lol this is falco were talking about here, no falco will just "figure me out"

i have too many tricks in that matchup,thats what i get for playing lambchop's falco so much.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
pretty sure you just lost a hundred bucks

lol @ comparing lambchops' falco to mango's. or anyone's, really. mango is azen with perfect tech skill.

JFox

Smash Hero
u ride on d*cks too much. let mango jerk himself off. haha

Oh and LOL at the guy who thinks falco>samus. ur wrong, sorry.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
^ you're probably black, makes sense why you have to resort to ad hominem attacks

but you're prolly too ignorant to know what that means :(

JFox

Smash Hero
^ you're probably black, makes sense why you have to resort to ad hominem attacks

Talk about ignorant, that was the most racist thing I've ever seen. And not that the color of my skin should make any difference, but I'm actually white.

Wow.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Not really a personal attack if it's true.
it's a personal attack if it doesn't discredit the argument at hand

i'm only on mango's nuts cuz it's the truth. i have no problem with someone calling me a nut hugger -- i am. i praise people worthy of praise. but if you're not ripping apart the substance of my argument then what's the point. i'm not offended, it just detracts from the point.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
u ride on d*cks too much. let mango jerk himself off. haha

Oh and LOL at the guy who thinks falco>samus. ur wrong, sorry.
explain yourself then

all Samus players except for HugS, suffer serious pain against Falco XDD

so.. yeah, that matchup looks easier for Falco no matter what you say. It is probably one of the best characters you can pick against Samus..

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
explain yourself then

all Samus players except for HugS, suffer serious pain against Falco XDD

so.. yeah, that matchup looks easier for Falco no matter what you say. It is probably one of the best characters you can pick against Samus..
So basically what you're saying is all the Samus players in Barcelona suck.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
So basically what you're saying is all the Samus players in Barcelona suck.
not at all, you got the wrong idea.

I don't mean Samus can't do anything against Falco, that would be a stupid thing to say. I mean Falco has some advantage in that matchup or at least that is my opinion. If you guys have a different idea I wonder why..

and well, sure Samus (+ insert any other character) players in Barcelona can't deal with the best Samus in the USA, it's obvious ¬¬'
however there are a couple of average Samus in here, it's not a very used character in whole Europe. there are no Samus players on top here.

pd: I like your sig, spaceballs ^^

Aesir

Smash Master
it's a personal attack if it doesn't discredit the argument at hand

i'm only on mango's nuts cuz it's the truth. i have no problem with someone calling me a nut hugger -- i am. i praise people worthy of praise. but if you're not ripping apart the substance of my argument then what's the point. i'm not offended, it just detracts from the point.
Do you even know what a logical argument is?

This is you in a nutshell "MANGO IS DA BEST LOLOLOLO ^________^"

It's a biased opinion which has no evidence to back it up. That isn't an argument.

Please try again.

err

Smash Journeyman

you probably got off to that one.

high school debate class ATs + unwarranted racist remarks . . . you've been hanging about the brawl boards, haven't you?

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
LoL at you guys trying to argue with Neighborhood P without knowing him.

Anyways, It's not right to say that falco counters samus when the meta game Falco cannot beat the Meta Game Samus. I guess if you say "at mid to low level play, Falco counters samus" then ok, you're right. Because most advantages you claim falco has over samus are null and void vs my samus. Not just because I know the match up, but because my character seems to do a lot of the work for me.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
HugS You think you can take Dashizwiz?
He lives in Naples Florida. If you could take him I'd **** brix.
I know you're good but I dunno about that one.

Also, P wtf are you doing.
Again all you are doing is trying to bring up malcontent. What's the point. You aren't proving anything to any of us and no one is going to go out of their way to say "Omg thank you for your particularly good debating skills!" partially because you don't have them and secondly because people won't care enough anyway. So far the only impressions I have of you based on your board actions is that you're racist and a very angry person. You may not be that way in real life however, just read your own posts objectively.

JFox

Smash Hero
explain yourself then
What is it about Falco that makes him particularly good vs samus? I can name a million on the other hand.

For example, samus has either 1st or 2nd (to marth) best power shielding in the game. Coupled with the wavedash out of shield, she is pretty good at thwarting falcos laser spam. Her Up B out of shield makes it really really hard to approach her, and makes pillars impossible. She is really heavy making your best way of killing off the top cuz her recovery is ridiculous, and good DI allows her to live for 170+. She cant be combo'd well at all, and with proper smash DI she can't even be combo'd really, which is falcos best way to put on damage. She has probably 2nd best (to marth) edgeguarding game against falco. The use of missiles (homing), the fsmash, utilt, ftilt, and situational dsmash can cover all of falcos options. The only thing arguably better is m2k's sheik edgeguards. Either way, all of them punish very very hard. Falco's grab game is useless, whereas samus's often leads to an edgeguard situation.

So lets add them up-

She kills him easily. He has a hard time killing her.
They both dont really have much of an ability to rack up damage quick, when does samus ever rely on combos?
Samus' grab>Falco's grab game
Falco's projectile is less effective, while samus' is still very effective.

Um, yeah. I guess that sums it up. Watch Hugs fight falco, hes really good at it. And yea I'm almost positive he would win vs Shiz. Shiz isnt that good when at fighting floaties IMO. And he lacks experience in the matchup vs high level players.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
Why is Falco's grab game useless? I don't see that at all...
Falco has better control over the field than samus does. Yes, powershielding is definitely good, now what if it's on a platform stage. Falco can cover the upper platforms much better than samus could. Samus' grab game is situational as well however just like Falco's it allows for stage control. Samus is good at edgeguarding but to my knowledge I'm pretty sure if Samus is off the stage and Falco is covering that Falco can punish extremely well. If it was a horizontal recovery, lasers are effectively in preventing bombjumps. Vertical recovery gets eaten by.
If a Falco is patient it becomes very difficult for Samus to make an approach. Even if you are very good at powershielding you still aren't moving anywhere.
Counterpick wise I see Falco having a large advantage because of superior stage control. Falco can punish rolls hard, shut down an approach and still effectively attack. The only stage Samus has an advantage that's very prevalent is Dreamland 64. Yoshi's island is decent... however it's a trickier.
JFox I really do think you are just cutting Falco out. I think Samus is an underestimated character and all but...
1. You said Falco can't kill samus however Samus can kill Not true, it's very easy to get a gimp kill by throwing Samus off the stage, Samus also edgeguards very effectively however sweetspotting is a problem for her and an aerial edgeguard can be avoided. Falco DOES get gimped easy, but that's stage dependant.
2. Falco does have to be weary of Up-B but then again as long as Falco is doing his job properly Up-B couldn't happen anyway. Falco will have a better time building up damage. However because Samus does live longer I see this as an even exchange.
3. I don't see why you think Falco's grab game is poor at all... He can punish rolls from throws like no tomarrow , much better than Samus can.
4. This one I still won't give to Samus, Samus' projectile game isn't too pressuring however it does hurt. The problem is Samus has a hard time getting them out and having them lead into anything against a Falco whereas Falco obviously does not.

I think the match up is probably about Even and if anything 55-60/ 45-40% in Falco's favor.
Samus just requires better mindgames to beat Falco which would make the Samus player better.

Now, do I think Shiz can beat HugS? I don't know. HugS is right, he doesn't have too much experience against floaties who are level players. HugS is also very good in the Falco matchup.

I think it'd be a good match.

JFox

Smash Hero
W/e, I know the matchup very very well. I know one of the best falcos in the game today who would agree with me on these points. But unless I have a name, no one is gonna agree with me. It takes someone like Hugs to say something before people listen.

What throw are u talking about btw? Are u talkin about dthrow techchases? Cuz that **** is pretty weak IMO. Most people just overuse the tech roll, so falcos always go for the chase. If u actually mix it up and dont tech or tech in place, its not good at all.

As for approach, I feel that it is a patience matchup. But once samus makes contact with the falco, it often ends in a gimp. And I dont care what u say, falco cant edgeguard samus, sorry.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
as soon as he said "Samus just requires better mindgames," you knew everything up until that point was wrong.

Top Bottom