• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo World 2k7 matches ft. Ken, Mango, HugS, PC Chris, DSF, Eddie, Chu, Chillin

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
my thoughts after watching all of these videos:

in no particular order..

ken was on fire...way better than he was in 04-06...

I have never seen a samus player that adept before...he was moving like lightning and perfectly thinking through so many situations..

i don't think samus is a bad character..but refusing to counterpick a marth in a tournament is a bad way to go...he could have taken marth to green greens with fox...or learned another char specifically for counterpicking weird stages like pokefloats, rainbow cruise, and the like....but no, he had to play samus in what i think is his hardest matchup (though some say fox is worse)...

regardless, i've never seen a samus come close to that level of play before..not even esam...so props to you hugs.

Chu pulled off a lot of crazy moves from desynch that i've never done before and may try to practicing now..but overall i think he was playing a little worse than usual...

and is it always that easy to gimp nana with fox..>->

the most beautiful match was probably hugs vs mango..the aerial spacing necessary for a samus to win that was pretty impressive:p

i seem to remember pc making a few major mistakes with falco that got him owned...should have gone fox i think....you get punished less for mistakes

MaNg0

Smash Hero
so yea i got ***** by ken in loses

cause ken *****

and i threw my set against huggies

<3333

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
lol @ mango last round.. suicide after hittin ken so he cant get the jv.. :( for chu-dat.. love his IC

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
so yea i got ***** by ken in loses

cause ken *****

and i threw my set against huggies

<3333
If that's what you want to call it.

Either way the difference between 2nd and 3rd was only 1000 dollars, so I can see why you wouldn't care about beating me. It's only 1000 dollars...

EDIT: you playing bad and "throwing the set" are 2 completely different things. You just played bad vs me, just like you played bad vs ken 2nd set. No johns.

Justerbuster07

Smash Apprentice
well set thrown or not, Hugs - my hero for coming that close to to beating kens Marth for national champ with Samus! <^_^> u were awesome.

And 0_0 at that commentator. GTFO.

Thanks for uploading ^.^

MaNg0

Smash Hero
If that's what you want to call it.

Either way the difference between 2nd and 3rd was only 1000 dollars, so I can see why you wouldn't care about beating me. It's only 1000 dollars...

EDIT: you playing bad and "throwing the set" are 2 completely different things. You just played bad vs me, just like you played bad vs ken 2nd set. No johns.
lol u swear like i care about money

honestly

i didnt cash my pound check for atleast

5 months or more after the tourney and the same

for my evo lol

and motherfuker u mean i let u win in how

i wanted to go falcon and udidnt let me lol

"lets give them a show" lol =D

and how i was talking to u during the matches

=D <333

the plan was for u 2 beat ken

u *****

<333

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
mango, don't john it. it is beyond obvious you were playing horribly in your matches. (i also don't think you were close to as good as you were before you won pound 3 / as you are now, either, so there's that.) you got outplayed, and maybe you want to say you were sandbagging so it looks better, but even if you WERE sandbagging a little, it's likely because you knew you weren't playing your best so you didn't care as much, not because your intention was to sandbag.

hugs was playing like a beast, and he outplayed you. no johns. give credit where credit is due. i've never seen hugs play better.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
*** hugs

he told me if i didnt throw the

set he was gonna kill me

=(

at ucla 2

=(

I JUST WANNA LIVE!!

shox2k8

Smash Rookie
what the hell

the commentary was terrible
wife should be the only person allowed to commentate

(anyone else noticed whenever the commentator said "great DI by PC" he got tippered by Ken)?

oh, and omni should commentate as well

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
holy crap when did eddie get so good
and omfgbbq hugs is insane in the finals
not to mention ken
Hugs spacing is to good, i cant beleive how he manages to sneak in those fsmashes between marths sword slashes (abusing the fact that samus moves slightly back before she hits when she does the fsmash. being able to use that to avoid hits take some **** good timing)
Playing even with a marth like kens (winning one match) with samus is just insane in general
EDIT:I just wrote loads of crap praising ken and hugs (wrote about how good hugs was with his recovery and how goodkens shield pressure game was etc) for playing so amazingly well in the finals but firefox decided to be gay and crash PIECE OF ****
and motherfuker u mean i let u win in how

i wanted to go falcon and udidnt let me lol

"lets give them a show" lol =D
wtf? "he didnt let you" by saying "lets give them a show"? >.>
just go falcon if you want to, it's not like you have to obey hugs or something
weirdest johns ever

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
*** hugs

he told me if i didnt throw the

set he was gonna kill me

=(

at ucla 2

=(

I JUST WANNA LIVE!!
Throwing a set and playing bad are 2 totally different things like Hugs said.

I would choose saying that I played bad over throwing a set becuase it was Evo, and I would sound like a ****ing scrub saying something like that. So you won Pound and apparently you didnt want to throw the set, you get ***** by hugs, and now you threw the set.

Apparently cashing at evo isnt good enough for you, it was either 1st or you threw the set. Your making West Coast look bad

MaNg0

Smash Hero
of course i have to obey hugs

hes hugs =( lol

lol ive always told hugs i threw the set

and i am a scrub at heart what do u want from me

and WC alreayds looks bad

except when we won pound three

ahhh ****

either way ken's gonna bring us back

by winning survivor =P

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
west coast always looks bad. but who cares, we still **** all y'all ****ty areas. best player in the world and all. get *****.

araknophobik

Smash Master
im not too sure on the details
but i recall hugo saying (and by that i not only mean in person/aim but also on the boards) that socal (minus ken) agreed that they would split the money from top 8 or something
meaning mango/hugo/alex

so im sure mango throwing the set didn't mean as much to him if the move meant someone from the socal agreement would win and ultimately split the grand prize with him anyways

Top Bottom