• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo World 2k7 matches ft. Ken, Mango, HugS, PC Chris, DSF, Eddie, Chu, Chillin

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
For example, samus has either 1st or 2nd (to marth) best power shielding in the game.
>.>
Aren't everyone's powershield the same?
what did i miss here lol

btw, on the matchup thing, falco's who have big problems killing samus's should dtilt more
seriously, that move is ridicoulus as a KO move (and comboing move aswell. prolly not against samus tho cuz she's samus)

on grabs, yhea falcos grab game is near useless against samus. uthrow can't lead anywhere, fthrow and bthrow are pretty much useless cuz falco doesnt really edgeguard samus all that well. all he can do is dthrow and tech chase with lasers
but grabbing falco as samus is really, really hard. and if you miss, falco gets a free hit

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
The timing is more forgiving with some characters.
DK, Pikachu, G&W, and a few others can't really powershield at all unless they still have the full shield.

JFox

Smash Hero
^ ignore that guy, its more complicated than that.

I'd like to answer this question in a better way, but im not the best man to ask. Heres what i remember, but u should really talk to magus.

The way a powershield works is that the attack hitbox has to already be within the shield when the shield is activated. So imagine a circle around your character that is the size of their shield. The laser has to be in that circle when u activate ur shield in order for a power shield to take effect. Now some characters have bigger shields than others, making them have the advantage. Also the more space ur character takes up within the shield, the harder it will be to powershield. So the best thing is to be skinny and tall, cuz then the character has a big shield, but very little of that shield is taken up by that character. BTW if u haven't figured it out yet, u should be power shielding with light shields, cuz they are bigger than regular shields.

Now this stuff is very normal information. What I dont know is wat comes next. For some reason, marth and samus' actual shield is just better. and if I'm not mistaken, it has something to do with the reason that they always get the powershield to hit the back of their shield while they are facing fowards. I know, that doesnt make much sense...I cant remember why though, but magus showed me. I'll talk to him and find out, but i know there is something im missing here...

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
...you totally can't powershield with a light shield, you have to press L/R in all the way or it won't happen.
I'll admit it's more complicated than what I said, but at least I didn't say anything flatout wrong.

JFox

Smash Hero
LOL, I'm sorry if i insulted u dude. Anyway, u could be right. I thought u can power shield with the light, but I might be mistaken. Lemme check.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Insulted? Over the internet?
Not likely.
And I just checked. I can powershield lasers 90% of the time with full shield, but not at all with light shield.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
thanks jfox and ihavespaceballs
i know that post from magus you're talking about, except that i didnt get **** then lol. now i do cuz you explained it
lol that means bowser like cant powershield at all, unless he hasnt used his shield whatsoever

Magus420

Smash Master
They messed up programming Samus, Marth, and Roy's shields and they don't come out where they should to move and follow their position like everyone else's, and always come out as if you were standing when you shielded and it can make them really disjointed.

Also, DK's is actually very good if you crouch while facing backwards because he leans forward so much.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
LoL at you guys trying to argue with Neighborhood P without knowing him.

Anyways, It's not right to say that falco counters samus when the meta game Falco cannot beat the Meta Game Samus. I guess if you say "at mid to low level play, Falco counters samus" then ok, you're right. Because most advantages you claim falco has over samus are null and void vs my samus. Not just because I know the match up, but because my character seems to do a lot of the work for me.
it's true that Samus has good things vs Falco too, really. And I do not know if the matchup is more balanced at TOP level, since I don't play that kind of level. But honestly, I think of your Samus as quite an exception against Falco..

thinking of Aniki's for example, he used to lose against spacies with Samus, and I do not think of Masashi as a better player than Aniki nor any Falco there in Japan.

however if there was a MM between you and DSW's Falco I would place my bet for DSW since I still believe Falco's got the advantage ^^

and one more thing then Hugs, which character do you think that counters Samus more than Falco does? probably Marth but not anyone else.

JFox

Smash Hero
some samus' really like the samus vs sheik matchup, idk. like my crewmate treble feels that its really easy. i think he beat plank in three separate tourney sets. And he hates to fight falcon, thinks its a horrible match. So my opinion is strongly based on his.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
thanks magus.

Samus probably has most trouble with Marth, then Falcon I think.
I don't think so, honestly.

You claimed that Samus can edgeguard Falco easily. She can actually edgeguard Falcon 1000 times + easy.
And pressure/ comboing that both Falcon or Falco can apply is pretty similar, but I say Falco's even better in that aspect.

So.. NOPE.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I don't think so, honestly.

You claimed that Samus can edgeguard Falco easily. She can actually edgeguard Falcon 1000 times + easy.
And pressure/ comboing that both Falcon or Falco can apply is pretty similar, but I say Falco's even better in that aspect.

So.. NOPE.
Hey, you know who's opinion matters more than some random? Hugs'. How 'bout instead of pretending like you know anything about this we just wait till he weighs in.

JFox

Smash Hero
You dont have to be hugs to know this guys is an idiot. EVERYONE edgeguards falcon. He still makes up for it cuz he kills them just as fast with the knee. Falcon can death combo samus. Falco doesnt combo her well at all.

Ugh, this is stupid. Its easier to just call u a noob.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
pretty sure HugS is going to say Sheik v Samus is the hardest matchup after I **** his **** for hours with my Sheik ;)

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
i'd say fox is samus's worst matchup.

fox and marth.

this seems pretty intuitive to me. I could be off thoug. Dont play samuses ever.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
LOL @ Nut riding, noobs, stupidity and general ill will ruining what could have been a simple thread.

Good **** guys.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
sheik ***** samus if the sheik knows WTF they are doing

i just never knew WTF i was doing :p

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
LOL @ Nut riding, noobs, stupidity and general ill will ruining what could have been a simple thread.

Good **** guys.
we try, we try.

i'm pretty sure if the sheik is smart and spaces fair/bair and needles not excessively but intelligently then samus is pretty screwed. she certainly can't recover vs sheik and then samus's lack of grab and approach vs sheik's amazing bair and mobility is so hard to abuse.

marth i'm pretty sure could just mash his face into the controller against samus and win so long as he produced a spaced move during this procedure. d-tilt, fair, bair, doesn't really matter so long as it hits and she can't punish him for it. oh and then edgeguarding with bair between the bombs is so hard. similarly, so is just punishing whatever samus does to get up from the ledge.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
LoL P you didn't **** ****.

You just avoided getting *****, which is an accomplishment, I guess.

But yeah, Marth and Sheik are samus's hardest match ups. If it wasn't for human error, I wouldn't be able to win so many of those matches. Marth is much harder than sheik though. Great sheik vs Great samus, samus can win 35% of the time.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
hmm so.. Marth and Sheik?

I thought most of the Samus players love the matchup against Sheik but well... if it's Hugs opinion I should take note XD

pd: jfox you are an idiot. I didn't attack you personally at all, take it easy man, these are just boards for discussion. we may get different points of view, that's all. no need to offend.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
They messed up programming Samus, Marth, and Roy's shields and they don't come out where they should to move and follow their position like everyone else's, and always come out as if you were standing when you shielded and it can make them really disjointed.
omg. This explains so much anguish I used to suffer back in the day [before my then-scrubby *** just wrote it off as "Marth simply has a better/faster(?) shield than Ness when running"]...a Marth main I know (Ether) would be running at power-missiles and instantly powershield them without really stopping and continue his approach. and when I tried it with Ness? ..... ;___;

Thank you.

Good **** guys.
QFT. Can mods clean out posts without closing threads? rhetorical question

Big_R

Smash Champion
dude drephen doesnt use needles and he always fronzles watty. well i guess he shoots some at their up b i take it back.

he makes it look rlllly unfun to be a samus vs a sheik tho...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
if he's ****** their recovery with needles 2/4 stocks on average that qualifies as using the needles i think >__>

more than anything i think drephen just takes advantage of samus not being able to grab (her grab is crap and i'm guessing if drephen's paying attention he'll probably sidestep if she looks like she's going to do it) and approaches with shield and punishes whenever samus does something. and then periodically he d-smashes, aerials, etc.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
How do people feel about the Falcon matchup anyway?
Falcon gets edgeguarded too easily...

Also either way, at the Falco matchup Almost every Samus player loses to a equally good Falco player.
So far I'd call that one in Falco's favor. Just because HugS has practiced the match like crazy and knows what he is doing really well just means he is a good player. It doesn't mean the match is balanced.
Also what high level Samus do most Falco players get ANY practice on? HugS is just about it. If Mewtwo wins a matchup because someone didn't know that matchup (honestly, why would you unless you fight Umbreon) and they were using Falco (equally skilled players) it still doesn't mean the matchup isn't uneven as hell in Falco's favor.
Also, Samus vs Sheik is a stupid matchup. It's really bad for Samus. Tho Samus does have that nice downthrow to chargeshot XD.

Big_R

Smash Champion
if he's ****** their recovery with needles 2/4 stocks on average that qualifies as using the needles i think >__>

more than anything i think drephen just takes advantage of samus not being able to grab (her grab is crap and i'm guessing if drephen's paying attention he'll probably sidestep if she looks like she's going to do it) and approaches with shield and punishes whenever samus does something. and then periodically he d-smashes, aerials, etc.
step yo readin game up i said i take it back at the end

Top Bottom