• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemies of the Crown: King Dedede Matchup Thread (SERIN IS IN CHARGE NOW NOT GATES)

CO18

Smash Hero
Hizzlum you obviously dont know NOTHING much at all if you even CONSIDER koskirby or twilight kirby even close to the level of chudat. Please don't get me started. I HIGHLY doubt thats why NL would cancel his trip besides the fact Diddy dittos mean NOTHING at all. Hell i could probably take matches off Nl with my diddy.
Are you really bringing up nanerz as best diddy when he is barely consistent in the west coast
where as Ninjalink is capable of beating people Like M2K, Azen, and Ally.

Plank went over to the west coast and ***** them getting 3rd meanwhile he cant consistently get top 5 just in his own state?

And you're Calling DMG a noob, Probably Top 3 Wario in the nation, who has even beat Azen in a set?

Wow you dont know much bro sry. And what the SBR thinks doesnt mean much and their opinions are old not to mention. The metagame changes at the Highest level of play.

Oh and here's Ninjalink's diddy ****** your best player: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwRwZD1h0WE

OverLade

Smash Hero
Excuse me while I rofl at rediculous west coast bias as well as complete ignorance of anything matchup related.....

Gates

Banned via Warnings
OH
MY
****ING
GOD

WHAT PART OF "STAY ON TOPIC" DO YOU ****ERS NOT UNDERSTAND!?!

THIS WEEK'S MATCHUP DISCUSSION IS WARIO. NOT DIDDY KONG, NOT KIRBY, WARIO. THE ONLY CHARACTERS YOU SHOULD BE TALKING ABOUT IN DEPTH ARE WARIO AND KING DEDEDE.

LIKEWISE, NEXT WEEK'S DISCUSSION IS ABOUT WOLF, SO YOU SHOULD DISCUSS ONLY KING DEDEDE AND WOLF. IF YOU WANT TO TALK MORE ABOUT DIDDY OR KIRBY OR WARIO NEXT WEEK, TOO ****ING BAD.

IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THE NUMBERS ON A PARTICULAR MATCHUP, PM ME.

IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THE DISCUSSION ORDER PM ME.

IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH ANOTHER POSTER BEING A DOUCHE AND IT IS NOT RELEVANT TO A TOPIC, PM THEM OR, IF IT'S REALLY BAD, REPORT IT.

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, HIJACK THE CURRENT MATCHUP DISCUSSION TO TALK ABOUT ANY OF THE ABOVE.

Let me say that again.

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, HIJACK THE CURRENT MATCHUP DISCUSSION TO TALK ABOUT SOMETHING THAT COULD BE TOLD TO ME DIRECTLY OR TO START A FLAME WAR.

I originally had a warning like this in the OP, but I took it down because I felt that everyone was doing a good job of staying on topic and PMing me directly for discussion instead of talking about it in the thread. Clearly I was wrong to have trusted you all.

I'm going to put this in the OP as a warning. I really hope that I don't have to say something like this again.

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
JeepySol's Wario was far from exemplary the last time he posted videos. Aaaaaand I'm not really biased. He's one of the best in our state and at HOBO 11 he beat Azen in a tournament set, and placed higher than DSF and many other notable players. He overestimates the effectiveness of this, and I call him on it, further proof. It DOES **** D3 over BIG TIME though, to the point where on large platformed stages there is very little he can do. Space your aerials all you want, if the Wario is nowhere near you how are you going to hit him?
Jeepy is posting new videos of cgc V, norcals latest big local(80 people), and since this thread has considered teba vs futile vids old, than jeepys wario vids on his channel would be ancient.
Fine DMG is good, but that doesnt mean he could be wrong abut a match-up, now does it?

Plank went over to the west coast and ***** them getting 3rd meanwhile he cant consistently get top 5 just in his own state?

Oh and here's Ninjalink's diddy ****** your best player: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwRwZD1h0WE
Unlike states in EC, CA is huge, and has many reigions in it which play brawl, , yet WC agrees that he is best diddy on this coast and his placemnt at SCSA #1 in late Dec proves that, also if you ever played TOA in crews, naners would r4pe you so hard you would scream like a total f4G@

you realize this was DDD vs diddy right? the match-up you said was farily close, yet DSF loses a two stock match? my point about that match-up is proven

And doesnt the fact that DSF hardly ever has used DDD make you reconsider that. and then who got first at that tourney DSF, did made NL and M2k look like a joke, as he won winners finals, that why EC wanted split pot cuz u wanted to be safe and not lose to us

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Fiction also agrees with us, aaaaand he just won Cali's last big tournament. Oh, and at least Fiction and I reached similar conclusions through our own play and practice, and then he took what we discussed to an extreme with aircamping and put it to very good use. D3 is still rough, but I haven't lost a D3 since I've started HARDCORE aircamping with Wario.

Looking forward to Jeepy's vids though.

CO18

Smash Hero
Jeepy is posting new videos of cgc V, norcals latest big local(80 people), and since this thread has considered teba vs futile vids old, than jeepys wario vids on his channel would be ancient.
Fine DMG is good, but that doesnt mean he could be wrong abut a match-up, now does it?

Unlike states in EC, CA is huge, and has many reigions in it which play brawl, , yet WC agrees that he is best diddy on this coast and his placemnt at SCSA #1 in late Dec proves that, also if you ever played TOA in crews, naners would r4pe you so hard you would scream like a total f4G@

you realize this was DDD vs diddy right? the match-up you said was farily close, yet DSF loses a two stock match? my point about that match-up is proven

And doesnt the fact that DSF hardly ever has used DDD make you reconsider that. and then who got first at that tourney DSF, did made NL and M2k look like a joke, as he won winners finals, that why EC wanted split pot cuz u wanted to be safe and not lose to us
Umm are you serious. M2k is nice so he split otherwise he wouldve ***** dsf like he does EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY PLAY. Oh and guess who knocked m2k in losers? NL because his diddy> than any other thing west coast can provide.

And Id mm Nanerz for any amount of money. Being honest, im not really scared of him at all.
Also how the hell does that prove Diddy ***** Dedede because as I told you. Atomsk beats NL every set they play.

Back on topic: 55:45 Dedede Over wario imo

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
And Id mm Nanerz for any amount of money. Being honest, im not really scared of him at all.

Back on topic: 55:45 Dedede imo

K next time you go to the WC for a reigional ill be screaming my a$$ off for my boy naners to win what he says is the easiest diddy match-up.

55-45 DDD seems accruate though, this match-up slightly favor DDD as his CG can win it against wario spacing

ADHD

Smash Hero
Play nanerz, hes better than ninjalink, and his play style is completly centered around bananas,
A good diddy cant be gimped with such a good recovery, however DDD can land damage on him while edge guarding, yet it is rare to a get a kill.
If you have everyplayed a true norcal diddy, you would know how bad this match-up is for DDD, its almost as if there is no room to breathe. DDD makes up slightly with way better KO power and killing guaranteed at 105% with u tilt, but his % rack up is terrible in this match-up playing a glide tossing diddy cenetered on banana's and mindgames after the DDD trips.
Kirbys CG's at low % rack up a ton of damage and its hard to play against a kirby who is spacing his aerials out of grab range cuz kirby is flaoty enough to attack with an aerial and retreat. If you actaully played a good kirby a utilt would kill at 105% guaranteed if the kirby uses attackmomentum reduction and fast falling with great DI, and kirbys multiple kill moves have better than average KO power, which is decieving, because his fsmash, usmash, and hammer are versatile kill moves that kill fairly well, but not as good as DDD's utilt.
Have you played any good kirby's? I have played twilight kirby and Koskirby, best on this coast and they agree this match-up is siginifcantly on kirbys side
You are retarted hizzlum. Co18 diddy dittos do mean alot, it's who is better technically and who can strategize the best. Who ever makes the first mistakes pays alot, like melee. Anyway, ninjalink is on a higher level than nanerz and you have no ****ing idea what you are talking about. Atomsk would beat nanerz. D3 doesn't die until 160 each stock EVEN IF YOUR SMASHES ARE KEPT FRESH as long as he doesn't stupidly get spiked. That's a whole lot of damage diddy has to rack up, and not to mention d3 has a good chance of getting a chaingrab within that 160 damage. Waddle dees are a good approach, as they block the bananas and d3 can then carefully approach with that massive shield and with that whorish grab range. Diddy gets gimped, his recovery may be good but it does get gimped and he is helpless if he is forced to use his rocket barrels. All diddy has over d3 are the ability to combo him and rack up damage fast. It doesn't make much of a difference past 100 percent because then the fast combos become gradually slower as the knockback becomes greater.

CO18

Smash Hero
Yeah anyway lets chill it with the diddy vs D3 etc ADHD because Gates wants the off-topicness to stop lol

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
co18, i very rarely ever don't get top 5, idk where your info comes from :p

also, im 2-0 NL in tourney, including one tourney last week (which proves even more WC sux, lolz)

CO18

Smash Hero
co18, i very rarely ever don't get top 5, idk where your info comes from :p

also, im 2-0 NL in tourney, including one tourney last week (which proves even more WC sux, lolz)
Oh ok, I knew you do sometimes like you winning that tourney recently. But I usually see you like 7th or 9th or something but thats probably the big tourneys with all the oosers etc.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Fiction also agrees with us, aaaaand he just won Cali's last big tournament. Oh, and at least Fiction and I reached similar conclusions through our own play and practice, and then he took what we discussed to an extreme with aircamping and put it to very good use. D3 is still rough, but I haven't lost a D3 since I've started HARDCORE aircamping with Wario.
Heh, finally doing hardcore aircamping? Do you see how it is 6:4 or 7:3 in Wario's favor now? XD, Sorry, I just remembering you saying that you didn't hardcore aircamp before.

I really need to go to HOBO or something, if I can get the airplane money, but I'm East coast. (At least I get TONS of practice with D3s XD)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Heh, finally doing hardcore aircamping? Do you see how it is 6:4 or 7:3 in Wario's favor now? XD, Sorry, I just remembering you saying that you didn't hardcore aircamp before.

I really need to go to HOBO or something, if I can get the airplane money, but I'm East coast. (At least I get TONS of practice with D3s XD)
It's still not like that for Wario, no matter what you say -_- With hardcore aircamping it's that it becomes even (slight advantage for Wario depending on stage, and vice-versa for D3 depending on stage).

If you're going to come to a HOBO you might as well come to WHOBO in April as it will be pretty big, and three days long.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
, and placed higher than DSF and many other notable players.
LOloLOLolOLoloLOloLLlllOLolOLOloloLOlloLOLOlool

placing higher than someone does NOT mean you're better than them. it's WHO YOU BEAT!!!

and DSF AND DMG lost to AZEN!!!! so it doesn't really matter, dsf just had to fight azen before dmg

also i think you guys should know i use D3 too I just lurk. lol that's why I'm here

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I never said he was better than DSF. Stop putting words in my mouth, Furbs. I said he placed higher, which, given the competition is no small feat.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Hm. I'll check and see if I'm off during April, its in Texas, right?

Ah well, 6:4 for Wario(7:3 or 8:2 on Norfar.), unless on FD when its 6:4 D3, so I guess 45:55 for D3?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
OK, I'm ending the discussion of Wario now. I'm sorry I had to go ape**** on you guys for getting off topic, but it happened so many times and devolved into flaming each time that I got tired of being Mr. Nice Guy. I really hope that I do not have to pull something like that again.

Anyway,
WOLF DISCUSSION GO!

ADHD

Smash Hero
I don't know if that special small step chaingrab is banned on wolf, is it? It definitely works.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Wolf vs Dedede is strongly in dededes favor and its probably wolfs worst matchup. Even without the weird chaingrab he does to wolf its still in dededes favor. Dedede can like chaingrab to the edge, edgehog and then after wolf tries to recover just grab him and chaingrab him to the other edge.

This is probably like 75:25 or more in dededes favor if he knows how to do the grab thing. Dededes also heavier and racks up damage faster than wolf and kills earlier than wolf.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
DeDeDe's bair usually clashes with wolf's, or at least for me. My spacing is far from perfect though. The main issues I have are the cg and bair. Unless the wolf has near perfect spacing, a good DeDeDe will shieldgrab and ensue cg to edgeguarding ****, which sucks. Wolf has few really safe moves to begin with, so getting that grab on most wolves won't be that hard. Bair eats wolf's recovery like sonic mains eat steak, so yeah, that's not good for wolf. Just get him offstage and harass him to no end. Once he's back on, get a grab, or just play keepaway.

Wolf, uhhh..... he has a laser. Yeah. Refreshes dsmash when it hits waddle dees, and it's slightly difficult for the D3 to get around if they don't know how easy it is to powershield. He can't kill better than DeDeDe (hate utilt), can't edgeguard better, MAYBE equal damage output? Yeah this is a bad matchup.

I'd say 70:30 for the penguin.

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
DDD can do the edge infinite of wolf, so as DDD u just CG to edge and then get the edge infinite. I have used it a reigionals and it works, (WCSL against kalocross)
Wolf has the blaster which helpes him in the mathc-up, but used in correct you will get grabbed. Also Bair out prioritizes wolfs recoveries, which makes it hard for him to recover, but most times he should be able to get back on the stage
True fact: I played a wolf at WCSL in pools and he quit in the middle of the match cuz I was chain grabbing his a$$ so hard

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
This matchup is in DeDeDe favor, I'd say 70-30.

Wolf's main approach in this matchup would be Bair so try to evade them because in my oppinion this is the only move Wolf can spam in this battle.

If Wolf spams smashes he gets shieldgrabbed, He can't spam blaster because our Waddle Dees and Waddle Doos can block the blaster protecting us.

Wolf's Up-B is low priority so we can gimp him really easy with WaP's and well timed Fair's, If Wolf uses Up-B on the ground try using any high priority move like U-tilt to knock him out of it.
The only safe move Wolf has is his Bair he can keep spamming it without getting shieldgrabbed but the safest move to punish it is F-tilt.

I recommend you shouldn't short hop too much because of Wolf's Side-B , Wolf's shine is pretty much useless in this matchup, he can't reflect the Waddle Dees or Waddle Doos but he can reflect the Gordos back at you so watch that out.

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
By perfect Arc means perfect spacing. If you can space Bair into it's maximum range on DDD you'll outrange and outprioritize all of his moves, this however, is extremly unlikely since if anyone played perfectly he/she would win with just about any character in the game.

Chaingrabbing and Edgeguarding is what screws us the most, so I think 70-30 DDD is just about right.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Yeah it's so organized and there's no match-up missing unlike other match up threads. And, alot information to deal with/learn :D. About Wolf, he only has his Bair honestly. He has to space it really well in order to not get shieldgrabbed. Gimping him offstage is easy with DDD, his recovery is balls X_X. The reflector of Wolf might be gay at times, since it has invincibility frames and all, they usually combo it with a Dsmash or Fsmash, so spot dodge after it is pretty smart. The chaingrab makes this all worse xD. DDD is just to awesome VS alot of the cast and it's even more fun to play with him.

(Lawl at DDD's face when he's doing his Up-B. XDDD)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I'm kind of surprised Foreskin actually suggested Wolf. I thought he'd know better lol.

RATED

Smash Lord
the same question of CO18 : but what if Jigglypuff or samus ( even though we all know that we can infinite him)

that would be great if one of those two get discussed

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
hizzulm, you just said that earlier.
Well OP only has normal and walking CG under Wolf, so I was wondering if you guys were going to edit that.

In regards to the match up, as DDD wait for the time where wolf screws up spacing bairs and go for the SCG to start the CG. Just being patient on the ground as DDD makes this match really easy, a good wolf will try to WOP wolf's aerials, wait for the moment fthrow him at the end of the CG for tht extra % that the dthrow cant do, and the fthrow puts them in a good position to land at least one bair.

Good wolfs recover with the illusion, its faster, so for wolf that generally means less moments where he can be gimped. yet a bair can go through it unless timed badly.

Also DDD can survive wolf's fresh dsmash 120% guyaranteed, while wolf would die at 120% from a utilt of DDD

So basically punish a wolf on the ground for his bad spacing, and land some more % off the edge if not the kill with aerials and score kills lower than wolf can on you

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, it's unlikely that I'll cover Samus or Luigi for a long time.

Anyway, Wolf discussion is closed.
NESS DISCUSSION GO!

Top Bottom