• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemies of the Crown: King Dedede Matchup Thread (SERIN IS IN CHARGE NOW NOT GATES)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
We can Uair your Up B for free damage/kill, since our Uair is one of our best moves, that or waft you for a guaranteed kill :p
:dizzy:
No I meant the fludd of Wario Characters.
Mario charectres once posted on the ness boards, What can Ness do about Wario's fludd?
Then they all responded with things like "Nothing, ness can do nothing about Mario's fludd" and they invaded their boards. I was trying to reference that and make a joke. But oh well.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I seriously doubt anyone here reads the Ness boards, let alone knows their memes. Good try though.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm wondering how effective Inhale would be in this matchup. Could Wario just move backwards in the air to avoid it entirely or out-priotitize it with his fair?

Also, what is the Smart Fart? I've never heard that term before.

CO18

Smash Hero
I'm wondering how effective Inhale would be in this matchup. Could Wario just move backwards in the air to avoid it entirely or out-priotitize it with his fair?

Also, what is the Smart Fart? I've never heard that term before.
Pretty sure Smart Fart is the lesser charged wario fart.

A fart after 1:00 up to 1:59 has more knockback then a fully charged fart (2:00+) so its best to use it since it kills in like mid 70 range and people dont really expect it since you cant see anything where as with a fully charged fart waro starts glowing and crap.

Inhales decent in this matchup but warios horznotal DI allows him to airdodge past it often times.

RATED

Smash Lord
Pretty sure Smart Fart is the lesser charged wario fart.

A fart after 1:00 up to 1:59 has more knockback then a fully charged fart (2:00+) so its best to use it since it kills in like mid 70 range and people dont really expect it since you cant see anything where as with a fully charged fart waro starts glowing and crap.

Inhales decent in this matchup but warios horznotal DI allows him to airdodge past it often times.
Wario's bite outpriotize the inhale, so a inhale here is asking for getting inside wario's neutral B.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario's bite outpriotize the inhale, so a inhale here is asking for getting inside wario's neutral B.
I did this to Fogo actually, Bite will beat Inhale as long as he is in the air when he does it.

I think Dedede wins if he is in the air when he does it and Wario is below him, I dunno the specifics but I've gotten swallowed as Wario sometimes and other times I chomp Dedede.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
Jump breaks only occur if Wario mashes the jump button from a grab, which most decent Wario mains wont, or if his feet are not touching the ground, in which case it's inescapable if you time it just right.
You can force a jump break by dash grabbing.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
from my experience, wario air releases no matter what as long as DDD doesnt pummel. Even if the wario doesnt touch any buttons, im pretty sure that he will air release when not pummeled. when DDD grabs wario, warios feet are dangling in the air, off the ground, meaning guaranteed air release.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
A lot of Dedede players don't SCG or grab from standing, it's usually a dash grab, which is why you're being lead to believe that. It doesn't matter if he pummels, I think. I haven't messed with it, really.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
this.
Cuz ness is freakin lowtier lawl

edit: 60:40 Wario :)
STFU into oblivion. Everyone reads the Ness boards, you post insolent crap there and every board retaliates.

For example, I have yet to post something incriminating about D3. Oh say a topic dedicated on how D3 is ***** by PKF.

Watch what you say, D3 might by low tier next. It could happen.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Guys, getting off topic is only cool on the MK forums.

I figured Smart Fart had something to do with a not-fully-charged Waft, I just hadn't heard that term before.

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
Unrelated to Wario: Four weeks from now, I'd like to discuss Pokemon Trainer. The PT boards were talking about how Squirtle has a disadvantage, Charizard has an advantage (!!!), and Ivysaur is even (!!!!!).

These conclusions are not consistant with my fixed view of reality, and all are must be destroy.
We must chaingrab their matchup discussionz into oblivion.
That is all.

CO18

Smash Hero
STFU into oblivion. Everyone reads the Ness boards, you post insolent crap there and every board retaliates.

For example, I have yet to post something incriminating about D3. Oh say a topic dedicated on how D3 is ***** by PKF.

Watch what you say, D3 might by low tier next. It could happen.
Hey Ive got a counter to your pk fire shenanigans. It's called the jump button.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, Bowser has an infinite on Wario, yet its still 50:50, so think about that :p
Bowser also has an infinite on MK and he still loses that matchup. Bowser is terrible (I apologize to any Bowser mains who read this).

SO ANYWAY

What stages are good for Dedede in this matchup besides FD?

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
The wario match-up should be n easy win for all DDD's with many reasons why. First off, CG DDD has on Wario is vital for great % rack-up which rivals the % rack up of wario. Now Wario needs to be spacing perfectly or his A$$ is gonna be chain throwed.
In kill moves, wario does have the fsmash, but DDD's utilt has more knockback than that, so at 125% you can be gauranteed a kill if your opponent has amazing DI, fast falls w/ attack momentum reduction on a start stage, which all have high ceilings.
Wario's dair is good, so you got to watch out for the multi hits which will lead to more pressure on DDD. So as DDD, like in almost every match, just wait for their bad spacing and punish with a dash cancled shield grab and start pummuleing and chain throwing.
I have played the best wario in norcal, who has been to more tournies than me, and since norcal considers me the best DDD main in norcal(qouted by nanerz and others), I still easily beat this guy's wario easily and I had never played the match-up before, and he had, I just had knwoledge from norcal's finest(cuba is death), which was crucial in me winning that match.
Also for more proof, back when futile was ranked #1 on the west coast and he played teba(argueably best DDD on the west coast), which was in the late summer, Teba always wons there sets together, showing that DDD can beat an equally good if not better skilled wario
So IMO 60:40 DDD, hard for a good wario to win against a Cging DDD
and as for stages, wario lacks vertical kills cept for uair, so might as well go on a long, low ceiling stage like halberd for longer chain throws and lower % u tilts,
another smart choice is castle seige or delphino(as on all CGable characters), and any DDD's with a brain who goes to tourneys would know why, so i might as well not say.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Lol and on another note, the Pit match-up is in DDD's favor, marth match-up leans a bit more to DDD than projected here, i beat people who go to more tournies than me who played as those characters,(tutubi is best pit in norcal and sake hato and vtek played as marths) and others and placed higher than them all at norcal's latest reigional, my thrid tourney, and lemme tell u, it wasnt all luck that the ZEDD won them macthes, haha

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The wario match-up should be n easy win for all DDD's with many reasons why. First off, CG DDD has on Wario is vital for great % rack-up which rivals the % rack up of wario. Now Wario needs to be spacing perfectly or his A$$ is gonna be chain throwed.
In kill moves, wario does have the fsmash, but DDD's utilt has more knockback than that, so at 125% you can be gauranteed a kill if your opponent has amazing DI, fast falls w/ attack momentum reduction on a start stage, which all have high ceilings.
Wario's dair is good, so you got to watch out for the multi hits which will lead to more pressure on DDD. So as DDD, like in almost every match, just wait for their bad spacing and punish with a dash cancled shield grab and start pummuleing and chain throwing.
I have played the best wario in norcal, who has been to more tournies than me, and since norcal considers me the best DDD main in norcal(qouted by nanerz and others), I still easily beat this guy's wario easily and I had never played the match-up before, and he had, I just had knwoledge from norcal's finest(cuba is death), which was crucial in me winning that match.
Also for more proof, back when futile was ranked #1 on the west coast and he played teba(argueably best DDD on the west coast), which was in the late summer, Teba always wons there sets together, showing that DDD can beat an equally good if not better skilled wario
and as for stages, wario lacks vertical kills cept for uair, so might as well go on a long, low ceiling stage like halberd for longer chain throws and lower % u tilts,
another smart choice is castle seige or delphino(as on all CGable characters), and any DDD's with a brain who goes to tourneys would know why, so i might as well not say.
What Wario are you playing against? I highly doubt it is Fiction, and whoever it is probably isn't playing the matchup as campy as they should.

Futile didn't play campy, that's why he lost to Dedede players. Compare his vids vs DSF and others to Fiction playing DSF, there's a difference in style that makes it a lot easier for Wario to win.

CS and Delfino suck for Dedede, both of those places give Wario too much room to run (CS gives less room except for the second transformation.) Halberd is ok, but FD is easily better.

It is not 60:40 for Dedede, maybe on FD and a select few other stages but other than that it is mostly in Wario's favor on the rest of stages.

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
What Wario are you playing against? I highly doubt it is Fiction, and whoever it is probably isn't playing the matchup as campy as they should.

Futile didn't play campy, that's why he lost to Dedede players. Compare his vids vs DSF and others to Fiction playing DSF, there's a difference in style that makes it a lot easier for Wario to win.

CS and Delfino suck for Dedede, both of those places give Wario too much room to run (CS gives less room except for the second transformation.) Halberd is ok, but FD is easily better.

It is not 60:40 for Dedede, maybe on FD and a select few other stages but other than that it is mostly in Wario's favor on the rest of stages.
I said norcal, not socal
How do you camp as Wario? he lacks range on most of his moves so if he camped, DDD could spam ftilts and waddle dee's. You cant camp with aerials that have little range and his lack of projectile would go to justify that arguement even more.
Also why not CS or delphino, easy CG to blast zone for kill? Who cares is wario has space to run, ill wait for the punish and if he "camps" DDD can easily camp back for get the SCG to a CG on a moderately long stage
Also I have talked with norcal most knwoeldgeable about this match up, and they say 70-30 at FD, and they know a lot more than you with your distorted idea of camping so STFU and realize as a wario player that this match, as stated in SBR match up boards, favors DDD and his CG

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
I said norcal, not socal
How do you camp as Wario? he lacks range on most of his moves so if he camped, DDD could spam ftilts and waddle dee's. You cant camp with aerials that have little range and his lack of projectile would go to justify that arguement even more.
Also why not CS or delphino, easy CG to blast zone for kill? Who cares is wario has space to run, ill wait for the punish and if he "camps" DDD can easily camp back for get the SCG to a CG on a moderately long stage
Also I have talked with norcal most knwoeldgeable about this match up, and they say 70-30 at FD, and they know a lot more than you with your distorted idea of camping so STFU and realize as a wario player that this match, as stated in SBR match up boards, favors DDD and his CG
You..... are an idiot. Camping = Spacing. Wario can camp (space) Dedede like crazy.
Don't be unnecessarily mean to other users. No, I don't care that I didn't follow my own advice.

Tero.

Smash Champion
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Lol and on another note, the Pit match-up is in DDD's favor, marth match-up leans a bit more to DDD than projected here, i beat people who go to more tournies than me who played as those characters,(tutubi is best pit in norcal and sake hato and vtek played as marths) and others and placed higher than them all at norcal's latest reigional, my thrid tourney, and lemme tell u, it wasnt all luck that the ZEDD won them macthes, haha
You obv. never heard of air camping.
Like allready mentionedthe MU changed, it was 60:40 in D3's favor a few months ago, so referring to old matches won't get us anywhere.
D3 won't get many grabs on a Wario who knows how to properly air camp, true fact.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman

any bad matchup is turned into an even one with your logic! run run run airdodge run run run spot dodge run run run airdodge GAME!
:D

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It only works on slower people, or those who can't change direction quickly/efficiently. Oh, and Bowser is 50:50 with Wario and he can infinite us IN TWO DIFFERENT WAYS (no matter how we break). Just thought I'd point that out, cuz it's hilarious XD

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
any bad matchup is turned into an even one with your logic! run run run airdodge run run run spot dodge run run run airdodge GAME!
:D
Hey dude furbs, its me ZEDD, the DDD from WCSL, remeber our friendlies, lmao your yoshi is too good, no joke, keep the good sh.t up

And this wario who believes this match is even just got rap(p)ed by furbs, IN YA FACE, you got told u mofo

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
You..... are an idiot. Camping = Spacing. Wario can camp (space) Dedede like crazy.
Camping and spacing are two different aspects of any fighting game, and its also character based.
An example of this is when MK nado's spam, thats not considered spacing, but it is considered camping.

Also if falco stands on the other side of the stage, doing shdl, is he spacing you?

You obv. never heard of air camping.
Like allready mentionedthe MU changed, it was 60:40 in D3's favor a few months ago, so referring to old matches won't get us anywhere.
D3 won't get many grabs on a Wario who knows how to properly air camp, true fact.
Refering to noobs matches doesnt help either, so we might as well go off of what top pros are doing, and late summer wasnt years away, besides teba and futile will always have better skill in this game with their respective character than most of you guys "contributing" to this board.
I base my facts on what smashes who know more than me say, i got to tournies, I play my match-ups, i am given the knwoeldge to beat my opponent from the best in my distinguishable reigion, and thats how I evaluate the match-ups i play, not by my bias, but the reality of the tournament scene. With that in mind, i have to say this thread has an ignorant diddy v DDD match-up number, Diddy rappes DDD so hard, I have played the best diddy in the West coast who is arguebaly better than ninjalink, thee NANERZ, and he agrees that this is a simple bana throwing match-up for diddy, leading him to say 70-30 DDD. Also kirby v DDD is more like 65-35 kirby, by the thorws to combos kirby has on DDD, DDD has to hanfdle punishing a good kirby's spacing with multihit aerials, which in no means is easy, I have also play the best kirby in norcal could be best in the west coast Koskirby, who beat in 2-1 in matches last sat, and agreed this match-up was hard for any DDD to win
Yes wario can camp DDD, but SBR boards have this match in DDD's favor because of the CG which does more consistent damage than what you call wario's "spacing", you if the DDD punishes while the wario camps, the match seems to lead in DDD's faor 60:40, and ur fvcked as wario if ur on FD

CO18

Smash Hero
Camping and spacing are two different aspects of any fighting game, and its also character based.
An example of this is when MK nado's spam, thats not considered spacing, but it is considered camping.

Also if falco stands on the other side of the stage, doing shdl, is he spacing you?

Refering to noobs matches doesnt help either, so we might as well go off of what top pros are doing, and late summer wasnt years away, besides teba and futile will always have better skill in this game with their respective character than most of you guys "contributing" to this board.
I base my facts on what smashes who know more than me say, i got to tournies, I play my match-ups, i am given the knwoeldge to beat my opponent from the best in my distinguishable reigion, and thats how I evaluate the match-ups i play, not by my bias, but the reality of the tournament scene. With that in mind, i have to say this thread has an ignorant diddy v DDD match-up number, Diddy rappes DDD so hard, I have played the best diddy in the West coast who is arguebaly better than ninjalink, thee NANERZ, and he agrees that this is a simple bana throwing match-up for diddy, leading him to say 70-30 DDD. Also kirby v DDD is more like 65-35 kirby, by the thorws to combos kirby has on DDD, DDD has to hanfdle punishing a good kirby's spacing with multihit aerials, which in no means is easy, I have also play the best kirby in norcal could be best in the west coast Koskirby, who beat in 2-1 in matches last sat, and agreed this match-up was hard for any DDD to win
Yes wario can camp DDD, but SBR boards have this match in DDD's favor because of the CG which does more consistent damage than what you call wario's "spacing", you if the DDD punishes while the wario camps, the match seems to lead in DDD's faor 60:40, and ur fvcked as wario if ur on FD
Im sorry alot of what you're saying is wrong. If ANYTHING The diddy matchup is wrong because it is close to even, bananans are not even close to impossible to deal with, waddle dees help slow this down, sh dairs and floating mainly over diddys head makes it more difficult for him to use his bananas. Dedede can gimp diddy easily/punish his recovery well and diddy cant kill dedede into the 150% range while diddy dies at 100, somtimes earlier because of gimps.
There's a reason why Atomsk 2-0's/3-0's Ninjalink almost every set they play.
Kirby is NOTHING worse than 6:4, with ftilt spacing and bair, and just backthrowing you can rack up dmg semi-easily and can kill him at 90% ish. Where as kirby has one completely obvious kill moves that you can just DI up easily and survive until 150.

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
Im sorry alot of what you're saying is wrong. If ANYTHING The diddy matchup is wrong because it is close to even, bananans are not even close to impossible to deal with, waddle dees help slow this down, sh dairs and floating mainly over diddys head makes it more difficult for him to use his bananas. Dedede can gimp diddy easily/punish his recovery well and diddy cant kill dedede into the 150% range while diddy dies at 100, somtimes earlier because of gimps.
There's a reason why Atomsk 2-0's/3-0's Ninjalink almost every set they play.
Kirby is NOTHING worse than 6:4, with ftilt spacing and bair, and just backthrowing you can rack up dmg semi-easily and can kill him at 90% ish. Where as kirby has one completely obvious kill moves that you can just DI up easily and survive until 150.
Play nanerz, hes better than ninjalink, and his play style is completly centered around bananas,
A good diddy cant be gimped with such a good recovery, however DDD can land damage on him while edge guarding, yet it is rare to a get a kill.
If you have everyplayed a true norcal diddy, you would know how bad this match-up is for DDD, its almost as if there is no room to breathe. DDD makes up slightly with way better KO power and killing guaranteed at 105% with u tilt, but his % rack up is terrible in this match-up playing a glide tossing diddy cenetered on banana's and mindgames after the DDD trips.
Kirbys CG's at low % rack up a ton of damage and its hard to play against a kirby who is spacing his aerials out of grab range cuz kirby is flaoty enough to attack with an aerial and retreat. If you actaully played a good kirby a utilt would kill at 105% guaranteed if the kirby uses attackmomentum reduction and fast falling with great DI, and kirbys multiple kill moves have better than average KO power, which is decieving, because his fsmash, usmash, and hammer are versatile kill moves that kill fairly well, but not as good as DDD's utilt.
Have you played any good kirby's? I have played twilight kirby and Koskirby, best on this coast and they agree this match-up is siginifcantly on kirbys side

CO18

Smash Hero
Play nanerz, hes better than ninjalink, and his play style is completly centered around bananas,
A good diddy cant be gimped with such a good recovery, however DDD can land damage on him while edge guarding, yet it is rare to a get a kill.
If you have everyplayed a true norcal diddy, you would know how bad this match-up is for DDD, its almost as if there is no room to breathe. DDD makes up slightly with way better KO power and killing guaranteed at 105% with u tilt, but his % rack up is terrible in this match-up playing a glide tossing diddy cenetered on banana's and mindgames after the DDD trips.
Kirbys CG's at low % rack up a ton of damage and its hard to play against a kirby who is spacing his aerials out of grab range cuz kirby is flaoty enough to attack with an aerial and retreat. If you actaully played a good kirby a utilt would kill at 105% guaranteed if the kirby uses attackmomentum reduction and fast falling with great DI, and kirbys multiple kill moves have better than average KO power, which is decieving, because his fsmash, usmash, and hammer are versatile kill moves that kill fairly well, but not as good as DDD's utilt.
Have you played any good kirby's? I have played twilight kirby and Koskirby, best on this coast and they agree this match-up is siginifcantly on kirbys side
I've only played chudat who is best kirby in the world...
Im not saying its not in kirby's advantage. But its only 55:45/6:4

And please don't say ******** things like Nanerz>Ninjalink when hes obviously not AT ALL.
I cant believe you would even say that, it shows some amazing bias you have towards norcal.
And ninjalink's game as well as every other top diddy on EC who atomsks ***** is focused around bananas.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
This guy is a giant troll... he called DMG a noob, lol. He's also ignoring the fact that the better D3s agree with the re-evaluation of the Wario matchup. Not worth your effort, CO18.

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
I've only played chudat who is best kirby in the world...
Im not saying its not in kirby's advantage. But its only 55:45/6:4

And please don't say ******** things like Nanerz>Ninjalink when hes obviously not AT ALL.
I cant believe you would even say that, it shows some amazing bias you have towards norcal.
And ninjalink's game as well as every other top diddy on EC who atomsks ***** is focused around bananas.
World? what about the European and japanese kirby's, dont assume chudat is best on EC=best in world, has he played either Twilight kirb or KOsk kirby?

You saying how ninjalink>naners shows ur bias towards the EC, when naners challenged ninjalink for a diddy ditto MM at WGF, ninjalink then canceed his trip, a coincidence?
so ur bias towards ninjalink and "mine" toward thee motha facking n4n3rz cannnot produce a good arguemnt that would satisfy you, so I might as well believe like the rest of the WC that nanaers is the best diddy

And naners comletly centers his diddy on bananas, if you play him, you would see the pure r4pe he is by simply just glide tossing those banas for a whole 7 minutes, and he has never lost to a DDD

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
better D3s agree with the re-evaluation of the Wario matchup. .
Than why does the SBR have a totally different opinion on this match-up than what you guys are saying here? DDD 60:40 wario is the consensus most everywhere excpet on this thread haha.
I called DMG a noob and it seems like u have some bias towards him cuz ur from the same state and main the same char.
A pure example of how this match-up favors DDD is when i play jeepysol, he has went to plenty more tournaments than i have, and I played him in a tourney, having no expierience against an actually good wario, and was able to simply beat him
was he was spacing very well with his aerials and at times I would have to wait for a long time to get a grab, but i proved sucessful in beating his wario by abusing the CG and getting those utilt low % kills compared to his uair and fsmash

And there are thousands of "trolls" on smashboards, u dumba$$, this site is so corrupted with brawl noobs that so many ignorant statements are made that i spend my time on AIB(which is way better than this site) because I dont have to spend time looking at stupid statements like spacing=camping.

And the fact that so many of you smashboard noobs want MK banned is a joke in itself, the only reason the SBR had to make a statement is cuz all the people that never go to tournaments were whining their a$s off about losing a wifi match to an MK so since the lost they wanted to ban him cuz he was unbeatable, lol what a joke of a brawl "community"

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
JeepySol's Wario was far from exemplary the last time he posted videos. Aaaaaand I'm not really biased. He's one of the best in our state and at HOBO 11 he beat Azen in a tournament set, and placed higher than DSF and many other notable players. He overestimates the effectiveness of this, and I call him on it, further proof. It DOES **** D3 over BIG TIME though, to the point where on large platformed stages there is very little he can do. Space your aerials all you want, if the Wario is nowhere near you how are you going to hit him?

Top Bottom