• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Emblem Lord's Emo Moment

zaf

Smash Lord
Well i do got something that might make your mind change EL. There has been a lack of marth users in the montreal scene, i had been the only person really using him. I had then switched over to Meta knight and i was doing much better. Last week at the weeklies ( a smashfest at a lan cafe held every week, where Montreal's finest come to play.) a new person showed up, and he was a marth mainer. He beat everyone there and he never lost from what i watched. He was doing amazing, and he was beating some of the better players that tend to show up.

As of late, i have been getting much better at brawl, and so has everyone in montreal. the only thing is that i have been loosing more. People are getting more used to mk's style of play and what not and it is making it very hard for me to keep winning with him. But for the new guy who showed up and beat everyone, he played a very very great marth style and he wasn't beat able. People have known how to play against marth players in brawl before it even came out, but they couldn't beat this one. I have been using marth more and more now, and i am winning more consistently with him then i do with mk.

Keep your head high, for marth is a character that will keep getting better. I honestly think mk s a great char, but not better then marth

null55

Smash Master
Funny. I just now came to these boards to get to know Marth.
Now... Well, ****.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
Metaknight is way better than Marth, dude. What in the world would even make you think Marth is better than metaknight? Seriously, if you know something I don't, let me know!

Oh man....EL emo readings are off the charts >_>.

Anyways, I'm sad to hear that, I really enjoyed using you well formed arguments for Marth against people on other sites and a valuable piece of info for my copypasta folder >_>

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
^ Please read

It's not that it's boring that make it bad.

No hitstun has been done in fighting games before. Guess what? IT NEVER works out. You can't do it. You NEED hitstun so you can do combos to create a balance between offense and defense. There needs to be a reward for offense otherwise you get a crappy game where there is no reason to play rushdown, or rushdown is just very risky and unsafe.

Marth gets off easy since he can play rushdown safely, but he still won't get a ton of guaranteed damage off of it.

Lucario would be the best at it since he can actually combo, but he isn't fast enough and his moveset isn't really about rushdown so much as reaction and control.

Also, tripping is just ****ing terrible. So yes, Brawl = failboat.

But anyway Nessbounder..sorry for being so edgy with you..I was..kinda drunk. >_>

Anyway, today, well yesterday technically, was my 21st birthday. I'm not a celebratory person. I did not see any reason to get excited about this event in my life. I'm a very apathetic person, you see. Despite my desire to sit at home quietly and not make a fuss about this day that was apparently a big deal to my friends and family, my close friends who are also the two leaders of the crew I am in, treated me to dinner.

Much to my surprise I had fun. And it gave me a chance to collect my thoughts. When did I come to the conclusion that it was my responsibility to "save" Marth and be the defender of the Marth community. Maybe it was when I got into SBR, or maybe it was finally when I started to get some respect from the Marth community, since my words wre ignored when I first started posting in Marth forum. But somewhere along the line it became accepted that I was the de facto leader of the Marth boards and when that happened I took on this great weight on my shoulders. And, this weight wore me down.

Let me tell you guys something. Back in the Melee days I loved to research Marth and understand more about his metagame. But as time went on my desires to understand Marth because I love to understand became tainted. Eventually I merely wanted recognition and I felt like getting into SBR would be the ultimate recognition. So I toiled to make guides on different aspects of his game as well as different aspects of high level gameplay. My efforts were in vain. Although my fellow smashers noticed me and even pro players like my guides, the SBR took no notice of me. When Brawl rolled around I asked an SBR member to recommend me for SBR membership and I gave him links to all my best writing. He informed me that normally it is considered bad taste to ask to get into SBR.

My hopes of getting in were crushed. But, then..something...awakened inside me. After awhile, I didn't care about SBR. I realized again that the one thing I loved most...was..knowing...EVERYTHING. I wanted to know as much as possible about Marth and share what I knew. For me..gaining knowledge and sharing it with others was the greatest gift I could give to others. When I thought I had no chnce of getting into SBR, it allowed me to get back a part of myself that I had lost touch with. My one great desire. To be that eternal seeker of knowledge.

So, I researched, and debated, and tested and observed and I became the authority on Marth in Brawl. And the moment I made a discovery I made sure that anyone would know what I know. Because that is what I love. I love to know and I love it when others know too.

Ironically, the SBR noticed me. I was admitted in after writing so many guides and articles on Marth.
But it seemed fitting to only get in when I no longer cared about getting in. I feel like I became more of a leader and more deserving of getting an influential position in the community, when my primary goal was to help the community instead of merely seeking a position of power.

I feel..light hearted now. I don't think I will debate people as much anymore simply because it's kind of pointless when most of them have no idea what good Marth looks like. But I'm not going to concern myself with the public opinion of Marth anymore.

My desire is to be of service to the Marth community and to do all that is in my power, to bring us to the next level.

So...shall we power up to the very limit?
Hey Emblem Lord, maybe you should put a link or copy and paste this on the first page to avoid confusion.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Metaknight is way better than Marth, dude. What in the world would even make you think Marth is better than metaknight? Seriously, if you know something I don't, let me know!
Get ovf diz thread, n00b!!!1!!one1!

You think Marth is inferior to MK?

Just you wait... just you wait <_<

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
lolWUT? brawl and melee are both bad games?, if that is your opinion then just leave the smashboards, if you don't like the game game then why do you care how marth is doing in tournaments? :urg: Like you said, you shouldn't count on other people to "make" your favorite character good.

IMO marth and mk are about even, Marth may be better because of spacing and counter can disrupt mk's offense pattern (spamming quick, unpunishable moves)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have just decided to second marth along with lucario.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Eh? I asked Samurai Panda to sticky it.

I guess he thought it was funny.

I sure do.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
This thread has the second largest amount of posts. The only one that has more is M2K's thread.

I wonder who rated this less than five stars. Seriously, best thread ever.

∫unk

Smash Master
This is a really dumb thread. I was surprised EL posted this when he knows how stupid it looks. Asking for a sticky too?

The only conclusion I can draw upon this thread is from now on Emblem Lord is Emo Lord.

Seriously this is super old and the 'joke' (if there was one) is something more of a "in-the-moment" kind of thing and not something you sticky on a message board.

He's not the first significant person to complain about snake/meta/how bad brawl is/etc. and then he tells us his story of how he became a SBRer. Pretty boring stuff.

My mild interest in this thread came from the one and other good Marths saying something regarding his game, but this thread moved well beyond that stage.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
You know your someone important when you can make a one giant emo post and then get the support of the entire community and THEN get your thread stickied.

My power is just too great.

lulz. XD

Desire

Smash Journeyman
0.o emblem lord ftws,,period.

14 hrs ago, i entered a tournament, i got out in 5 mins, i was pissed like ****. This guy playing me While smoking, wat a B****, ok so i was marth, he was Mk, spammer. he was pretty good, but i was a stock ahead, but, at the end, i kinda self-destruct,, cause of Hdtv lag,, P n T 's Tvs r F***ed up,,,, Anyways, what i wanted to tell ya was, marth came in 2nd

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Haha you totally didn't Rep Anther at all dude! Overswarm plays ROB and owns midwest frequently, but Anther mains Pika/ G & W and has actually beaten OS at major bi-weeklies like Rofa's.

Anywho glad you're staying Emblem Lord. You're one of the very few people who is actually helpful on the character boards. Happy Birthday!
Anther has beaten me in sets. I beat him in two tournaments in a row. He beat me in the winner's bracket, and hten I came back from loser's bracket and beat him two sets in a row. I did this in the "pre-tournament tournament", and then I did it in the real tournament the next day. Our final set was 3-1, my favor.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Who cares about your tournament record BS?

This thread is about how much the Marth community loves me not about how much you **** in tourney.

Take yo *** back to the R.O.B boards if you wanna spew about how amazing you are.

This is Emblem Lord territory dammit.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Of course it's trash.

But despite that it's still stickied.

That's the ****ing point. Did you think everyone in this thread was loling because this thread is made of win?

I suggest you lurk moar and post less my friend.

Intrawebs, SERIOUS ****ING BUSINESS!!!

Desire

Smash Journeyman
Who cares about your tournament record BS?

This thread is about how much the Marth community loves me not about how much you **** in tourney.

Take yo *** back to the R.O.B boards if you wanna spew about how amazing you are.

This is Emblem Lord territory dammit.
very true, every1 luvs Emblem L, k now EL, 1v1? XD

pockyD

Smash Legend
can this be a compilation?

Charles I have a serious question for you.

How is it that I, who knows so much about Marth and this game is so limited in skill? I feel like when people play me they are dissappointed because I'm not a total beast or w/e in this game. I also feel like I may have let them down. And lately I seem to be playing worse and worse. How can this be? How can a well respected player who has knowledge and trains hard and knows how to train not be good at this game?

WTF is my problem in your opinion?

How in the world can someone like me who already knows alot of tricks and strats improve?

I would hate to think that I have hit my limit.

Top Bottom