• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2011

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Also, inflation.

Star Fox as a franchise is dead, but the remake could have the potential to be a reboot.
Without Krystal.
I Star Fox 4 life people and think of the money they can make if they make a new one wtih gameplay of 64, good online play and good gameplay. I'm not holding my breath for it but it will be nice to see.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Except no Final Fantasy XIII-2 gameplay, I liked Sony's E3. Not sold on the PS Vita yet.

UberMario

Smash Master
Compared to the Vita, the 3DS is so mediocre like you don't even know
I wouldn't necessarily say that, but the only things really going for the 3DS now are the 3D-effects and the library lineup. Then again, the only things going for the DS were the 2 screens, touch usage, GBA compatibility, price and lineup, and look at how the last two bits swayed the outcome.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I rate the conference that they have a 9.25/10.

Yes, Nintendo actually has to work to beat Sony at their own game this time. Can't wait to see what Nintendo pulls out. Also, I've decided to stay in this thread.
Nice can't wait for all of the good stuff Nintendo will announce so I can have a fan orgasm but please no Wii Music 2 or any of that crap.

LLDL

Smash Hero
The 3DS still stands a valid chance. The original PSP was technically better than the original DS in every way, yet the DS had a much more extensive library and blew PSP out of the water and PSP has never made a comeback. The same may or may not happen with Vita and 3DS, although I think Vita will win this one.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
See thing is, 3DS doesn't try to use 3G and crap. So... if Vita has a 3DS battery, with 3G, etc. It will be like...2hour battery? Yeah no thanks. It needs a hardcore battery, or several interchangable ones.

I think Vita and 3DS will go toe-to-toe, tbh. Where as DS stomped PSP, it'll be an even match. Exclusives and differences will make both great.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd really rather not have to change it's battery every 2 hours.
not to mention that would **** up the system pretty badly after awhile...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
9AM?

What is that like 12 PM 1 PM EST?
it's 12pm est

The Vita with wifi is all I need, I hope it supports universal wifi as I have no plans of using AT&T.

God of War portable looks awesome, 1st day buy for me.

And yes people Nintendo won it, why? Project Cafe!!

:phone:

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
In the end I think its going to come down to price. Most people avoided the PSP on launch because the DS was way cheaper and had a good lineup already. So far, Nintendo has neither of those advantages (although the 2nd will probably be fixed by holiday season).

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I wouldn't necessarily say that, but the only thing really going for the 3DS now is the 3D-effects and the library lineup. Then again, the only things going for the DS were the 2 screens, touch usage, GBA compatibility and lineup, and look at how the last bit swayed it.
Dude man the Vita is a more powerful device with two analog sticks, a touch pad, and what I suppose would either be a better or equally good touch screen at the same price if you decide to get the "cheap" version.

And besides, the 3DS has nothing good out right now except for maybe SF. And even WHEN they bring out the remakes and other games, it looks like the Vita is already gonna have a decent lineup of games at launch

I mean the 3DS only has a bunch of shovelware out for it and games meant to show off the 3DS and maybe 1 or 2 good games for it, but Vita is gonna have Uncharted, LBP, Mod Nation, and a bunch of other good games at launch

Not to mention it's already bring a whole load more of other features. The only thing that would make the Vita crystal perfect is if they had Netflix on it so I can watch movies anywhere on the go, which is perfect when I'm in school on bus doing nothing or in PE on a free day with nothing to do

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I'll give Sony an B+ for their show. Slightly better than last year, but no gameplay of Sly 4. Funny trailer though.

Getting Infamous 2 tomorrow, so I'll 'miss' Nintendo's show. :troll:

Gimme SSB4, console Star Fox, and a console competent with the PS3 AND NGP (since they can play each others' games), and I'll give them an A.

Edit: Lol at the crowd's saltiness with AT&T. I'll probably get an NGP for free with my papa being a manager there. :troll:
Edit2: Consider this guys, the battery will not last as long if all you're gonna do is play the games. Other than that it may be like any other 3G handheld device like an Android or iPhone.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
These are attacking words from Sony to Nitnendo.

I want to see if Nintendo has a retort for tomorrow.

Will they address it or not? And if they do, will they screw 3DS early adopters (such as I) or will they compensate in some way?

Tomorrow will be interesting, nonetheless.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The 3DS still stands a valid chance. The original PSP was technically better than the original DS in every way, yet the DS had a much more extensive library and blew PSP out of the water and PSP has never made a comeback. The same may or may not happen with Vita and 3DS, although I think Vita will win this one.
That was due to price.

Although the DS had good third party titles, the better ones slowly surfaced on the PSP.

Early adopters of the 3DS WILL get screwed if they announce a 3DS lite.

So using a grading system, what would you give Microsoft?

I give Sony an A-.
Needed less move.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I give them an A- as well. Not very many surprises, mostly footage of games we already knew about. Was still a very well done show however (beyond move part).

I'd give Microsoft a C+.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hey, there was also the fact that PSP was a ****ing Pirate heavy console.

Almost no software sales and the movies died out extremely fast.

Hopefully Sony makes it extremely difficult to crack.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Sony did good, just too much move stuff. Other than that, fine. Needs a good battery on Vita though.

OmegaXXII

Sony did a good job, not great but overall a nice show

cool games such as God Of War, the Vita, Street FighterxTekken and Fable 4 were among some of the best to be featured.

My take: -B

Hopefully Nintendo will handle it better, we need more grown up games already, no more kiddie stuff like Kinect's Sesame Street.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Here are my impressions for Sony's conference:

- Holy **** at the NGP's PS Vita's price. Now Nintendo has some serious competition.
- Good job on apologizing for the PSN outage.
- Saw some cool games. Uncharted and LBP looks cool on the PS Vita.
- Was sad to not see Kevin Butler make an appearance. :c

I'd give Microsoft a C+ and Sony a B+, looking forward to tomorrow for Nintendo's conference. Will have to catch/read up on everything when I get home tomorrow after grad. :urg:

OmegaXXII

Microsoft's Kinect looked horrible! While the voice recognition with Halo and ME3 looks cool, the motion controls are simply not going to give it any justice, it's almost identical to the Wii if not worse, games that were good such as Halo's remake, Halo 4, Mass Effect 3.

Overall Sony's conference was better than Microsoft's,I just hope Nintendo beats them both by a long shot.

My take: -C

Random question but, what was that "Social action rpg" for playstation vita called again?
What, Fable 4, yea it looks awesome, I wished they would have shown more jRPGs, just like fighting games which are making a huge comback nowadays.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I... I can't believe Sly Coopers coming back... with the exact idea I've been dreaming of for years... **** yesssssss.

My fav games I grew up with are coming back, Paper Mario, Sly, Smash (hopefully), re-release of 3S, and hopefully more (like a new Pikmin).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Really looking forward to PSVita now after hearing about the price. I'm surprised it's 250 for the cheaper model.
I'll still get a 3DS, but I'll pick one up whenever Mega Man Legends 3 comes out.

I really liked Sony's conference. MS didn't wow me mainly because of no new hardware and stuff which is expected.
I have tests during Nintendo's conference but I'm looking forward on seeing what they'll show.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
As exciting as the Sly announcement was, i was looking to see who was developing it. If you remember, franchises like Crash and Spyro were given to other development teams when their original creators decided to move on. And what did these people do the franchises? **** all over them.

And the trailer showed nothing of who's working on it. So, I'll remain on the fence atm

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
There was a DJ, a wild Kobe appeared, many lisps, umm, Carl Winslow was showcasing a PSVita game, heavy breathing, Japan Drums at the end, a DJ and a random dancer.

That's all I saw.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
As exciting as the Sly announcement was, i was looking to see who was developing it. If you remember, franchises like Crash and Spyro were given to other development teams when their original creators decided to move on. And what did these people do the franchises? **** all over them.

And the trailer showed nothing of who's working on it. So, I'll remain on the fence atm
Well, Suckerpunch has been hinting it, not some other company. I don't know why they would hint it so much just to give it to someone else considering Sly is what made them in the first place.

finalark

SNORLAX
Well, tomorrow morning (or afternoon depending on where you live) will be the day we all find out exactly what the Cafe is. I have high hopes for this one.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Remember, the wii's "nintendo channel" will have all kinds of extra content before and after nintendo's press event so be sure to check that out.

OmegaXXII

Will Nintendo Channel have live E3 coverage?

Anyway, things I'm looking forward to:

Project Cafe: Nintendo's new system
ssb4: I'll have to see if it's confirmed or not
Less kiddie games, more violent, fighting, rpg: Seriously Nintendo needs to leave these kind of games alone and should focus more of what ps3 and xbox360 are dishing out, more violence.

I can't believe the Vita wifi costs $249, way to go Sony, about time you did something right .

Top Bottom