• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2011

S

smash brawl player 99021

Nintendo can win everything today if they just show some good games. :mad:

Life

Smash Hero
Name one successful 360 game that isn't rated M.

<_>
Yeah, but that's 360. They (were) marketing to the people that think violence DOES equal quality (mainly the same people that justify having a billion generic shooters every year).

Meanwhile, name a successful Wii game that IS M-rated. You'll get, what, five tops?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well, there are exceptions to that rule I suppose, but what I'm trying to get at is Nintendo should allow more T-rated/M-rated to be produced and less of the kiddie games that would otherwise only focus on a younger audience.

Ratings aside, I am hoping for some greatness out of Nintendo today.

:phone:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Or rather have Nintendo figure out that games with depth and substance are better in the long run than simple and shallow ones.

There do exist "Kiddy' games with a lot of depth.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Also for Ninty to learn that accessibility and depth aren't mutually exclusive and that decreasing depth is the wrong way to increase accessibility.

OmegaXXII

****, I freakin hope they'll have a price drop on this say...350? Hopefully it won't ever even be that much, I'm willing to spend up to 500 on it, but I'll just have to check it's spec before so.

So far I am planning on getting a Vita the WiFi version that is, it'll be awesome. :)

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Am I the only one who thinks maybe the Wii was a giant Batman Gambit to dominate the market and then force Sony and Microsoft to make fools of themselves? Only then for Nintendo to sweep in and scoop up all the core gamers.

OmegaXXII

Yea Batman Arkham wasn't exactly the biggest hit ever, but if Nintendo were to release an exclusive say... SSB4, and be successful, i'd say both Sony & Microsoft would have a force to reckon with.

@finalark: see, what did I say! since the Wii was priced at $250 at launch, I'm expecting for it to be cheap as well, then again, this system will greatly be superior over it's current predacessor

finalark

SNORLAX
Yea Batman Arkham wasn't exactly the biggest hit ever,
I disagree.

but if Nintendo were to release an exclusive say... SSB4, and be successful, i'd say both Sony & Microsoft would have a force to reckon with.
Nintendo is already at the top in terms of sales. They're already a major threat to both MS and Sony.

@finalark: see, what did I say, since. Wii was priced at $250 at launch, I'm expecting for it to be cheap as well, then again, this system will greatly be superior over it's current predacessor
Most people seem to forget that previous Nintendo consoles were priced closer to their competitors and the only reason why the Wii is so cheap is that it's two Game Cubes ducted taped together, meaning it runs off of 2001 technology.

finalark

SNORLAX
one more question. What is the best stream?
I've had a lot of lagging issues from Gamespot's stream, but that just might be my poor connection. I didn't have much of a problem watching Sony's conference from their site. So if Nintendo is streaming it then its best to check there.

OmegaXXII

I Know that, that was Asylum not Arkram!!

Nintendo is already at the top in terms of sales. They're already a major threat to both MS and Sony.
last I heard, in had the worst sales as of now due to it's classification of games, i.e lack of multiplatformers making it to the current wii.

Most people seem to forget that previous Nintendo consoles were priced closer to their competitors and the only reason why the Wii is so cheap is that it's two Game Cubes ducted taped together, meaning it runs off of 2001 technology.
Exactly, which is why the wii has it's limitations as far has graphics and processing is concerned, the wii can only run games up to 480p while ps3/360 run at 1080p

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yeah, the Wii has been selling terribly for the last few months. Plus the lack of quality games is also effecting its current success. But it has such a huge lead on its competitors, it don't even matter,

Still, imagine the profit they garnered with 2001 technology as opposed to the tech of the 360 and PS3.

Top Bottom