• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2011

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man Sony did so good when they talked about the NGP.

So much better than last year and WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than M$ has done in the past 2 years

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
$299 huh? Surprisingly affordable. And with SFxTekken being more SF like, I'd imagine that it would be like Street Fighter and TekkenxSF would be more like Tekken. Kind of like the SNK vs Capcom and Capcom vs SNK stuff. Unless of course, there's been 2 pages of posts explaining it I missed.
OMG

This isn't new, Capcom is fully in charge with Namco completly out of
the picture, while TxS will have Namco deva written all over it.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Remember folks PSP was around 250 when it came out as well so chill out.
It's not just that. The DS sold for cheaper when it came out. The 3DS is selling for the same price as the Wi-Fi version. You have no idea how good that is.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Nintendo won't be good unless I'm seeing a new Smash, Star Fox and a whole new batch of surprises.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So... lack of GoW4 (meh, 3 came out last year, shouldn't expect), and no FF(too much MOVE/VITA focus, nothing for Se to do) sucks, but those are my only complaints.

I love the 3DS, Nintendo<3, but Vita is insane. 300 for a kick*** handheld is insanely good.

Still, there are 2 reasons why I probably won't get it on launch:

-Crappy battery (calling it. It outclasses 3DS..but at what cost?)
-Issues (every Sony launch has problems. My first psp was terrible...)

Still, this one > PSP's display back in the day. All over, good display Sony. Pretty **** good. Still think Nintendo is going to win, though.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
LOL he just earned so much rep for saying that Ridge Racer joke.
This. XD

Anyways, I was thoroughly impressed with Sony this time. Much better than Microsoft, that's for sure.

Nintendo is on in 14 hours! It's going to be hard to sleep. I'm setting my alarm for 11:45 AM. =P

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Also, inflation.

Star Fox as a franchise is dead, but the remake could have the potential to be a reboot.
Without Krystal.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Remember folks PSP was around 250 when it came out as well so chill out.

Yes but you have to compare it to its competition (3DS) where it completely outclasses its opponent.

Nintendo is going to have to do something pretty amazing with the 3DS (Holiday season price drop please) in order to stay at top.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hats off to Sony though. I've gained a lot of respect for 'em.

But I'm still so jaded by the Ninty hype that even their re-unveilment of Skyward Sword would nearly win me over entirely.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

Yes but you have to compare it to its competition (3DS) where it completely outclasses its opponent.

Nintendo is going to have to do something pretty amazing with the 3DS (Holiday season price drop please) in order to stay at top.
Yes. Not even Snake Eater 3D(due to an HD version coming to the PS3 can save Ninty this holiday season.

D

Deleted member

I was expecting an okay to decent conference from Sony, nothing really incredibly special, but they blew me away with the PSVita.

The only negatives I can mention are that the PSVita only supports AT&T and that the Move games are kind of bland. The show started out decently, but progressed to get better and better until it reach the near perfect point.

When I saw that the Wi-Fi version was $249.99 and the 3G version was $299.99, I knew that Sony did something right. Consider me skipping the 3DS (For now) and getting the PSVita instead; the fact that they offer a more powerful and likely better console for the same price easily sways me.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
That's what I'm thinking when you consider Sony having better third party relations and games.

For example: Compare Birth By Sleep to 358/2 Days.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
No God of War?

This is too bad, not even a ffxiii update, but i did get to see street fighterxtekken in action

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
No God of War?

This is too bad, not even a ffxiii update, but i did get to see street fighterxtekken in action

GoW3 just came out, so meh. Psp collection is going to be sweet though.

So yeah, the battery on Vita concerns me.

D

Deleted member

I rate the conference that they have a 9.25/10.

Yes, Nintendo actually has to work to beat Sony at their own game this time. Can't wait to see what Nintendo pulls out. Also, I've decided to stay in this thread.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'll give Sony a 4/5. Move was boring as hell and a waste of time but everything else was awesome.

9AM Tomorrow we'll see how Nintendo does.

Top Bottom