• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does it Insult You When People Play Brawl Horribly?

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
Yeah.. there's a whole list of those "favorite spammable moves"

Here's a few that some REALLY bad ( yet they think they're good) people I've seen use:

• Pit's Side Special, and Neutral Special

Snake's Fsmash

Ike's Fmash ( or maybe all of his smashes? :/)

Metaknight's Tornado

Lucas' Up Special and many of his smashes.

There's more than that I think. But those are just examples. It's kinda insulting to play with people who are arrogant, yet they downright suck. But it gets entertaining when they start to see their flaws.;)
You forgot to mention Link/TLink's dair.

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
the only things i can think of that people do that make me want to stop playing is Kirby's up-b and down-b over and over again Pit's over-b and toon link Down - air abuse

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
@ iEatPikman and Sad Panda:

I guess I'll add that to the list..... Ehhh... nevermind. I already mentioned that there were more anyway.;) I think Counter spammers are also out there too.:dizzy:

Kudos on catching me on that though!;)

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Nope, if they're enjoying themselves, more power to them. Play for fun, that's why you play a game, instead of, idunno, work it?

Also, Sadpanda, I could watch your sig for literally days.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
It only really bugs me when they say they are good, like someone up there already said ^
Point being all my friends who play brawl think they are tourny worthy, when I stomp them every time. None of them know how to properly short hop or even know all the moves of their respective mains. I myself am only average amoung the competetive community, but they are just sad :( This is why I can never get better at this game... my friends suck and I live in North Idaho =/

InfiniteSmash1221

Smash Cadet
Only if they brag about their "skills". My friend was bragging about how good he was, but he would never fight me. When i finally got him to i didn't come close to loose a life.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
No ... honestly if anything I think it's sad if you ARE insulted by poor playing. It's not like Brawl is your religion and it's being offended >_> at least, I really hope not.

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
OMG I HATE PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT GOOD AT THIS GAME.
I falcon punch anyone in the face who isn't good that brawl. It's rude and it insults me.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
I just hate if:

A) They bring down your image.
B) They have a negative effect on your play style in general, like if they play like a computer.
C) It's a Free For All, they both beat you while teaming up and brag about how they're better than you.

Otherwise, I have no problems. Just go one on one with them. The better player will win.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Only if they think they're good and have the nerve to claim such. People can be terrible at videogames all they want to, it's not a character flaw. But to be terrible and think you're good... no.
QFT: this is spot-on to my feelings on the matter.

If you're angry at people who are still learning the game, then you need to get over yourself.

AfroThunder396

Smash Cadet
Like many people said before, I just hate when people use one move and one move only. It gets ridiculous when you have a Kirby/Pikachu/Lucas/Ike that has no idea what they're doing. Or when they play that gay keep away and just sit on the side of the stage stealing kills so that they can win by +1.

Pearl Floatzel

Smash Apprentice
It's irritating when they use one move, and still think they're good when you murder them ten matches in a row. With Jigglypuff.
I don't care if they're not good at the game. It bothers me some that some people hate 1 on 1 matches, but then I just use Ike, Marth, or Kirby.
The only thing that I despise is people saying that you should play with items because the game was designed to play with them. I then have to slowly explain to them, in loud, monosyllabic words, that there is a reason that the items screen has an "All Off" button.
That's all that insults me.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Insulting, no. Slightly irritating, sure. They're just kids, kids are like that. Beat them and leave it at that, no need to gloat or humiliate them or get your panties all in a bunch bout some kid talkin trash, or playing in a way you don't approve of, cuz that's just stooping to their level. Let em be.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Doesnt insult me because this game is bad. Plus, people who play horribly get dominated so all is good.

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
i think almost all off us on the forums have at one point thought that we were the **** because we could own the cpu's or a sibling or friends but then we played someone who owned us and we then figured we weren't that good. that led to us trying to improve to be able to beat said person. its just part of the learning experience.

just kick their *** and then they might strive to improve or they might decide to not care about improving and decide to continue playing casually.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I just hate the people who think they're so good even when I own them. If someone just plain sucks because they're new to the game, they'll most likely get better over time.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
This needs to be in the general brawl discussion area. >_>

Frames

DI
I don't get insutled because unlike melee, brawl has such little depth you can't tell the difference between two noobs playing and two pros.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
i only get annoyed/angry when people trash talk for no reason... I just wanna say... shut up! haha and then when you beat them they blame think of lame excuses.
But I don't care if someone sucks at Brawl or not.... It's not insulting.. If someone sucks just play them a few more matches just to be sure they aren' crappy with just tha character.. and if you continue to win, then just leave! No harm done..

Tenki

Smash Hero
`.` I went to AiB's chatroom a while ago asking if there was anyone good with TL around. One guy PM'd me and said "I'm good with Toon Link".

We had an amazing connection, to the point that I could powershield most projectiles, and -

>_> every other jump was a D-air.

Come on =__=; After getting grabbed 5 missed D-airs in a row, you'd think he'd learn his lesson.

This needs to be in the general brawl discussion area. >_>
This.

billywill

Smash Journeyman
Ugh yes annoys me too
I hate when people say "Wow you r teh ice climbers, they suck!!!!!!11!!!!!!!"

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
its not really an insult...people need to calm down. This game was made to have fun. Even at high levels of play, people are STILL having fun. Sure this guy is OBVIOUSLY using n00b tactics, but for all you know he could just be spamming it up and getting a good laugh for kicks. What did you expect in "with anyone" play anyway? Its with anyone? And that means anyone from a complete n00b to a a really good player could be in there. Really good players are rare because of two reasons. One, Wifi sucks, period. Lag is not the way to show whos better. If you think there's no lag you are almost always wrong. Try pressing A and see if your character reacts instantly. If they don't that's called button lag. Second, most people SUCK on with anyone. They are 5-13 year old kids who play with tons of item for FUN. If you want a serious match use the friend finder and quit whining.

The only insult to me while playing is when someone loses repeatedly, and decided to choose the same character I am and then SPAM the same move. I.E. I choose Pit and they spam Angel ring. I can beat them, but thats not fun. That's just annoying and disrespectful because they are mocking my character and trying to indirectly say "you're character only wins cuz this move...watch I'll beat you just by using this"

THAT is an insult. But besides that, skill level is not an insult. Cut them some slack, I'm sure you weren't that great when you started. Sure, most people aren't ******** enough to not know how to get their third jump, but have some respect that some people vary in skill and take time to get better. Also respect that there ARE casuals out there. People who legitimately enjoy the game for fun and party purposes. Smash isn't just a competitive scene. Its a great game to play with your friends casually. Me and my buds play more smash with items on and on crappy stages then I spend trying to go to tournaments. Its just a game. If you are tired of playing crappy people....then find good people. don't whine about it.

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
what do you expect, its with anyone -_-
besides, the dude probably already feels bad, you dont have to hate on him

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Yea if they 'suck' or aren't as good... Oh well... Just find someone else if you just can't possibly take it... If they suck that bad.. they are probably new to the game/ some younger kid who doesn't give a crap about strategies and mind games and what not, they just wanna play Bowser because he can blow fire... As chucklesXcore mentioned before me, if you want a serious match, dont' do it with random people online, cuz chances are you aren't gonna find to many serious matches/expert players....

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Only when it's my mains.

****ed With Anyone Aether spammers.

EDIT: It's not really me feeling insulted from the guy spamming Aether. It's the whole "zomg Ike players are all bad" stereotype resulting from it, which a shocking amount of people seem to believe...

TLMarth

Smash Ace
Somebody said something like this, "There are two kinds of noob. One, who thinks he is not a noob, and another, who knows he is a noob. And the second one will not be a noob for long."
And it's the same thing with idiots.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
Somebody said something like this, "There are two kinds of noob. One, who thinks he is not a noob, and another, who knows he is a noob. And the second one will not be a noob for long."
And it's the same thing with idiots.
True. I am a complete n00b at MGO, but I know it. I know it well...MUST IMPROVE.

Back on topic, in response to the title, why should it bother anyone when they play people who obviously suck and play like morons? Punish them, take their stock, and move on. Done.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Yeah.. there's a whole list of those "favorite spammable moves"

Here's a few that some REALLY bad ( yet they think they're good) people I've seen use:

• Pit's Side Special, and Neutral Special

Snake's Fsmash

Ike's Fmash ( or maybe all of his smashes? :/)

Metaknight's Tornado

Lucas' Up Special and many of his smashes.

There's more than that I think. But those are just examples. It's kinda insulting to play with people who are arrogant, yet they downright suck. But it gets entertaining when they start to see their flaws.;)
For Ike it's all of his smashes and up-b over and over again.

This is what you do to kids who think they are good but extremely terrible. You kill yourself until you're on your last life, then just own all of their stock with ease. Keep doing that until you get to Falcon!

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
well yeah, it insults me that people play brawl horribly because the game is freaking easy to be good at.

Top Bottom