• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does it Insult You When People Play Brawl Horribly?

M.K

Level 55
I definetly feel insulted, for example, I was playing With Anyone Teams the other day as Luigi. There was a decent Pikachu, a decent Marth, and me. Then there was this absolutely atrocious Lucas that ONLY did PK Thunder and tried to hit us. Apparently he didn't understand how to guide it into himself for the extra boost, because he couldn't recover for ****. I'm saying to myself "ok idiot, learn the rules of the character before you actually display those poor skills to the public!".
All the little kids in GameStop play Brawl like they are sooooo good, but it's like.....be educated or don't play. At least be DECENT. I can appreciate someone who is not as inclined at spacing or advanced techs but can put up a decent fight, but what I CAN'T fathom is someone who doesn't know that aerials or tilts exist. Seriously, it gets on my nerves to no end. Does anyone else feel this way?

hough123

Smash Ace
Yes, yes it does.
"I IZ TEH AUTOMATIC WINNAR CUZ I UZE SNAKE!"
Ever hear that from someone who stinks as Snake?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Only if they think they're good and have the nerve to claim such. People can be terrible at videogames all they want to, it's not a character flaw. But to be terrible and think you're good... no.

Veggi

Smash Champion
It doesn't frustrate me unless they pretend like they're good at the game. Like there's this guy my brother is friends with and he says "I'm the best with Falco." Of course I had to prove him wrong. He would pick Toon Link, Lucas or Marth. He would be terrible, but still think he was good.

Even that wasn't that bad until he derailed the way I usually edgeguard, he would choose Marth and as soon as he went off stage he would double jump as quickly as he could and use up b to guide him back to the stage. I'm used to people always going to the edge so they don't get punished. So I'd always miss him. After that I'd always just wait on the stage and hit him with a DK Punch as he came down, no problems anymore.

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
It only insults me when people use my mains and they suck horribly. Esp in a tourney setting. I went to one where there was this guy playing as zelda and he was going against my RL friend and i wanted so bad to yell out "dsmash fool!" but i didnt want to give the other guy an edge on my friend so i decided to just suffer seeing the zelda not be half bad but not using one of her most effective tools used.

fujbubccc

Smash Apprentice
I definetly feel insulted, for example, I was playing With Anyone Teams the other day as Luigi. There was a decent Pikachu, a decent Marth, and me. Then there was this absolutely atrocious Lucas that ONLY did PK Thunder and tried to hit us. Apparently he didn't understand how to guide it into himself for the extra boost, because he couldn't recover for ****. I'm saying to myself "ok idiot, learn the rules of the character before you actually display those poor skills to the public!".
All the little kids in GameStop play Brawl like they are sooooo good, but it's like.....be good or don't play. At least be DECENT. I can appreciate someone who is not as inclined at spacing or advanced techs but can put up a decent fight, but what I CAN'T fathom is someone who doesn't know that aerials or tilts exist. Seriously, it gets on my nerves to no end. Does anyone else feel this way?

...Wow. You're a jerk. If people suck and still have an ego, then by all means shame them, but it's still fine for them to do it.

M.K

Level 55
...Wow. You're a jerk. If people suck and still have an ego, then by all means shame them, but it's still fine for them to do it.
I didn't QUITE mean it as "good", but more like "educated". I changed it to better reflect my position on this issue.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I could care less.
Just go over there and own their lives.
Then leave.

Apartheid

Smash Rookie
I, too, am gay, and feel insulted when my ignorant friends are unable to even match me in an all-out Brawl.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Well... I'm not exactly sure if I'm one of these people. I've kinda convinced myself that I'm horrible as it is. But I at least know how to attempt recovering using Ness/Lucas, even if it doesn't always happen, so I guess I'm clear there.

degypr

Smash Cadet
What sasukebowser said. If a player is bad, they'll get better just like everyone else. I think insult is kind of.... dunno.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I don't really care about them being bad, but when they're bad and think they're good that's even worse.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm happy that they suck. It's good combo practice. I can just practice my ATs and spacing and such.

kamikaen

Smash Rookie
You can't expect people to immediately be able to compete on a tournament level. There is a learning stage. People can't be educated without any experience. Habits (especially in a game where you must think so quickly) are extremely hard to break, so not everyone can immediately go competitive, and start using the aforementioned tilts and aerials. There are also some people who play Brawl, but don't want to "over analyze" the game, or simply aren't aware of the competitive side. For the PKT Lucas that was mentioned, maybe there was a reason that someone was doing that? Some stressed parent plopped their kid in front of the couch for a minute, and said, "just keep pressing these buttons and hit them while I make dinner."

Never be "insulted" because someone isn't good. If someone's a cocky idiot without the justification (or with, I guess), feel free to call them out, but otherwise, you just look like a jerk. :\

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
For me, With Anyone solely exists for killing time between other things. Most of the people on there acting like idiots are doing it for the lulz.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'm not insulted by people who play horribly. I beat them, and let them sort out the implications.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I don't feel insulted.

Now, unless said players says it to my face or expresses "I'm the best there ever is" or just randomly gloats, then yes I feel insulted.

I don't care if it's true or not, I don't care, so shut up.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I really only feel insulted when I want the best from somebody and they don't give it to me, otherwise it is a different story when they lose and they still tried their best/ I ACTUALLY wanted an easy fight XD.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
It insults me when someone hates on someone else because they were beaten by the said person and continue thinking they're amazing. It's even worse when they insult and/or make excuses as to why you win (ie, you were spamming).

That's very annoying and pisses me off to no end.

VandalKING

Smash Cadet
If you actually care about other peoples skill level compared to the crap they talk, then I think it's safe to say you take this game much too seriously. Who cares about their skill level, care about yours! Beat them, and watch them worship you afterwards. Otherwise, who cares?

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
I dunno if "insult" is really the right word, but I'm sure we all find it annoying. The egotistical people I don't really mind (they tend to run rampant on SWF) but if they really can't back it up with anything, then they should just not talk.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i just hate it when ppl feel the need to find their favorite move, which usually isnt that great of a move, and than spam it to no end. like I think everyone has that one loser friend that just goes around with kirby and tries to rock on ppl the whole match, thats the only thing that really bothers me

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
i just hate it when ppl feel the need to find their favorite move, which usually isnt that great of a move, and than spam it to no end. like I think everyone has that one loser friend that just goes around with kirby and tries to rock on ppl the whole match, thats the only thing that really bothers me
Yeah.. there's a whole list of those "favorite spammable moves"

Here's a few that some REALLY bad ( yet they think they're good) people I've seen use:

• Pit's Side Special, and Neutral Special

Snake's Fsmash

Ike's Fmash ( or maybe all of his smashes? :/)

Metaknight's Tornado

Lucas' Up Special and many of his smashes.

There's more than that I think. But those are just examples. It's kinda insulting to play with people who are arrogant, yet they downright suck. But it gets entertaining when they start to see their flaws.;)

Al_Di_Medola

Smash Journeyman
Im not INSULTED, but it does annoy the **** out of me to play noobs who just CONSTANTLY roll, and spam pits arrows, and his "HIYHAYAYAYA" thing ...YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! XD.

but really, noobs piss me off. especially if they think there so **** good.

Psylark

Smash Rookie
Insulted? No. Annoyed? Yes. I was also on a With anyone match, and found a person playing link that just ALWAYS did his Up b. On Ground, mind you, so it was ok to dodge. This pretty much made it impossible to approach him, and with the range of the attack projectiles is your best bet. This was just annoying, because the other characters were actually playing well, and were a challenge. So, really, the situation was like the first post's.

Ferratto

Smash Rookie
some people are noobs, and everyone starts somewhere. You are the stupidest person, and the biggest prick i've seen all day, gj

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
it gets me angry but it doest like insult me lol like its not a big deal someone doest know how to recover with pk thunder yet. it takes a lil pract.

but i hate the stubborness and non willingness to learn. if they just quit lucas cuz of his up+b or they cant do mortar slide with snake so they quit.

iEatPikmin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah.. there's a whole list of those "favorite spammable moves"

Here's a few that some REALLY bad ( yet they think they're good) people I've seen use:

• Pit's Side Special, and Neutral Special

Snake's Fsmash

Ike's Fmash ( or maybe all of his smashes? :/)

Metaknight's Tornado

Lucas' Up Special and many of his smashes.

There's more than that I think. But those are just examples. It's kinda insulting to play with people who are arrogant, yet they downright suck. But it gets entertaining when they start to see their flaws.;)
Don't forget Link's recovery, Thunder and Thunder Jolt, and Aether. ;) I really don't feel insulted unless they brag (like half the people at my school).

Vts

Smash Champion
if they are bad there problem but if they even think for a min they will win is when I just leave and say call me in a week and hope ur better i'll be sleeping until then.

Top Bottom