• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Max?

Smash Champion
I'm not sure, we're all kinda frauds tbh

Next time we play I'll switch off Fox, even tho he's fun

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
either way works. as long as i'm losing, it's worth playing. i would've rathered seen doc things from a "learn this character" perspective, but from a "learn this game" standpoint, you were having fun, i was gettin my *** handed to me, and forced to reconsider my options/decisions, so who was i to get between it lol.

really though, i already know how you feel about doc v ganon, but which style of ganon do you think poses the most threat to doc? i think my default ganon is rather aggressive, but not in a particularly smart way overall. i just tend to run at things and hope they get hit, with a few wavelands to try to mask the fact that i'm running in. is a better idea simply to wait for docs approach and try to counter it, or to play aggressive in a smarter way and try to box you in, taking ground against pills using my strong bair and wait for you to try to force your way out?

Max?

Smash Champion
I don't know enough about Ganon to comment on 'what style' he should use to beat Doc. At the end of the day, everything is player vs. player and you just have to make the right decisions at the right time and hit the right series of button inputs.

The reality of the situations is you're a slower character who hits way harder and being in shield typically sucks for you. You also don't want to be offstage. Thus, space and don't get stuck in shield, and keep me offstage better than I keep you offstage, etc

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
while i did better when i did just back air, it's far from enough. i do probably need to fight with my back to doc though, and close him in.

looking forward to the next time we cross paths, max.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
lol, i see. I don't know where everyone is. So he's better than Boss?? really? Boss is mad good..but then he's also retired so i don't know if he counts

but i was more just curious when blackchris got to play him..whether he was NC or came to an NC tourney or whether he played him at zenith

St. Viers

Smash Champion
So I know this ain't worth watching, but I guess good for laughs--there's a video of my ridonkulously rusty doc up (from a small crew battle I was roped into joining >_>) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCOmN39RhvM @22:30ish. It's the first time I've played against non casual players since forever XD

Besides not n-airing at people, which I've started working on in earnest after this event, some advice would be awesome--though I know just "don't be dumb" makes up the majority of of advice that's useful to me right now

Shroomed

Smash Master
The pool of "good" players is too large.

Gotta step up to that "great" area guys!

If I can do it, nah **** that I'm just more amazing than you guys.

LOOOOOOOOL

I've been writing a paper for 6 hours that's due tomorrow worth 35% of my grade. I've barely done jack ****. It's supposed to be 10 pages 1.5 spaced with charts/graphs and after the 6 hours I have 2.5 pages to show for it because I just stop working after like 5 minutes. Time to troll the boards.

Shroomed

Smash Master
It's a business company analysis paper. It's about Apple as a company. What industries they're in and how they're better than other companies in that industry etc.

Dude I'm ****in 10 times better than all these Doc players LOOOOL

If I quit him he doesn't exist anymore

MM me all of you

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well considering that the second best doc main (at least in my eyes) admits that fact...i dont expect a lot of takers lol.

sounds like a decent subject, something i can actually imagine someone getting 10 pages out of.

shroomed, do you feel like full jump dair is a decent approach to things, or are there always better things to do?

VGmasta

Smash Lord
It's a business company analysis paper. It's about Apple as a company. What industries they're in and how they're better than other companies in that industry etc.

Dude I'm ****in 10 times better than all these Doc players LOOOOL

If I quit him he doesn't exist anymore

MM me all of you
Here we go with thaT "No other Doc matters if it aint Shroomed" stuff again.

Shroomed, don't make me go out of my way to whoop your ***.

Based on tournament placings and videos, sure you're the best.

And OTG, Boss, DogySamich, and SmashMac are all "good" Docs.

But I've been watching over every Doc player for four years... And I don't think Shroomed is substantially better than me.

Take me down at my prime, and I'll be convinced.

EDIT: I've been wanting to money match you for at least 2 years buddy. Let me see what you got.

Max?

Smash Champion
The pool of "good" players is too large.

Gotta step up to that "great" area guys!

If I can do it, nah **** that I'm just more amazing than you guys.

LOOOOOOOOL

I've been writing a paper for 6 hours that's due tomorrow worth 35% of my grade. I've barely done jack ****. It's supposed to be 10 pages 1.5 spaced with charts/graphs and after the 6 hours I have 2.5 pages to show for it because I just stop working after like 5 minutes. Time to troll the boards.
Wow we just got exposed. I'd def MM you at the next tourney we're both at, it would be fun.

I don't get to go out to tournies much nowadays, but I'm secretly in the lab and feel like I have mad room to grow. All in the time tho

Shroomed

Smash Master
Here we go with thaT "No other Doc matters if it aint Shroomed" stuff again.

Shroomed, don't make me go out of my way to whoop your ***.

Based on tournament placings and videos, sure you're the best.

And OTG, Boss, DogySamich, and SmashMac are all "good" Docs.

But I've been watching over every Doc player for four years... And I don't think Shroomed is substantially better than me.

Take me down at my prime, and I'll be convinced.

EDIT: I've been wanting to money match you for at least 2 years buddy. Let me see what you got.
Ahem, I'll start this post out by saying:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I'm done being modest, I ****ing **** dawg LOL. I love everyone though, I'm not saying you guys suck or anything.

But I'd probably beat you with my Marth. In fact, I'm probably going to FC and if you go, MM it?

The boards need some excitement and rivalry. Time to go into some EC threads.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Ahem, I'll start this post out by saying:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I'm done being modest, I ****ing **** dawg LOL. I love everyone though, I'm not saying you guys suck or anything.

But I'd probably beat you with my Marth. In fact, I'm probably going to FC and if you go, MM it?

The boards need some excitement and rivalry. Time to go into some EC threads.
Try not playing a broken character maybe.

Top Bottom