• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
ive always loved doc's fsmash, it's my favorite move in the game. i always try to find ways to combo into it. the way he charges it reminds me of a kamehameha lol

SmashMac

Smash Lord
The pool of "good" players is too large.

Gotta step up to that "great" area guys!

If I can do it, nah **** that I'm just more amazing than you guys.

LOOOOOOOOL

I've been writing a paper for 6 hours that's due tomorrow worth 35% of my grade. I've barely done jack ****. It's supposed to be 10 pages 1.5 spaced with charts/graphs and after the 6 hours I have 2.5 pages to show for it because I just stop working after like 5 minutes. Time to troll the boards.
Lol this troll. I hope no one took this post too seriously. People don't know that I am probably one of the unsung masters at **** talking and flaming people, but I never do it here, unless I'm called out. Since you're trolling though, I can't take this seriously. It's sad because I was about to show a side of myself you guys have never seen.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Lol this troll. I hope no one took this post too seriously. People don't know that I am probably one of the unsung masters at **** talking and flaming people, but I never do it here, unless I'm called out. Since you're trolling though, I can't take this seriously. It's sad because I was about to show a side of myself you guys have never seen.
This is relevant to my interests. blow this guy up smashmac, he won't know what hit him

Max?

Smash Champion
Bring it on! I take solace in the fact that I'm twice as good as all of you.

<3
Copied from Apex Doubles results

9: OTG + PC Chris (OTG + PC Chris)
13: Alan + Shrommed (Alan + Shrommed)

Exposed

I'd also like to hear your thoughts on Doc vs. Icies

Shroomed

Smash Master
Copied from Apex Singles results
7: Shroomed ($169.25)

Oh my, you don't seem to be on the bracket.

EXPOSED

I think Doc beats IC's pretty soundly. He can separate them pretty easily once he gets in (which is the only difficult part). They can't approach very safely and don't do well with pills. Edgeguarding is fairly simple as well.

I played Chu at Pound 5 and lost, but I was a lot less experienced back then so I'd like to try again. I think I'd do well. Fly does well against me, probably because he's extremely patient and I approach a lot. It's still pretty close. I beat Wobbles pretty convincingly at Genesis 2 (which is on youtube).

Overall though I think Doc has a slight advantage. One badly DI'd dsmash from the climbers at around 50% can kill Doc which is pretty stupid. But I guess that goes for a lot of things.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
I can't wait til I get right so I can show this Shroomed dude how it's done.

I played vs Chu Dat before... ICs didn't seem that bad to me. F-tilts and grabs did plenty of work for me.

Copied from Apex Singles results
7: Shroomed ($169.25)

Oh my, you don't seem to be on the bracket.

EXPOSED

I think Doc beats IC's pretty soundly. He can separate them pretty easily once he gets in (which is the only difficult part). They can't approach very safely and don't do well with pills. Edgeguarding is fairly simple as well.

I played Chu at Pound 5 and lost, but I was a lot less experienced back then so I'd like to try again. I think I'd do well. Fly does well against me, probably because he's extremely patient and I approach a lot. It's still pretty close. I beat Wobbles pretty convincingly at Genesis 2 (which is on youtube).

Overall though I think Doc has a slight advantage. One badly DI'd dsmash from the climbers at around 50% can kill Doc which is pretty stupid. But I guess that goes for a lot of things.
OOOOHHHH, LOL!
OTG vs Shroomed again in this thread, LOL!

Wait, you lost to Chu at POUND 5?! I didn't know that.
And yeah, Wobbles got destroyed for whatever reason.

I think Doc might have the advantage, because Doc can actually outcamp the ICs.
Doc can move around the ICs and space lots of f-air and f-tilts.
The pills offset some approaches too.

Just be sure not to challenge the ICs up-air from above. That move is pretty impenetrable.

Max?

Smash Champion
Yeah I suck and you're **** yadda yadda yadda. Go back to maining Marth and ****** your mediocre ****ing region

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
dajuan's secondaries, his crappy marth, got exposed by me.

His doc, on the other hand, is really good.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Shroomed, just keep one thing in mind: had I not quit playing religiously competitive back in 2008 after FAST1 'till 2011 for Ragnarok Online, everyone would still be talking about me. You would just be another one of those black guys that plays Doc. somewhere in Cali.

It's all good. Trolling baddies in Ragnarok Online is more fun anyways. It doesn't require me traveling halfway across the country to do it either.

Shroomed

Smash Master
Shroomed, just keep one thing in mind: had I not quit playing religiously competitive back in 2008 after FAST1 'till 2011 for Ragnarok Online, everyone would still be talking about me. You would just be another one of those black guys that plays Doc. somewhere in Cali.

It's all good. Trolling baddies in Ragnarok Online is more fun anyways. It doesn't require me traveling halfway across the country to do it either.
And how would you know if you would've gotten as good as I am? =D

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Basically the hardest part (for me at least) is making sure that you end up with your analog stick at the right position at the end (I always seem to go to 6 o clock when I'm facing left), and what I do is just practice the motion of ending at at 5:30 over and over, and then I can do it properly pretty consistently.

Max?

Smash Champion
My friend Joey is/has been a top ranked player in that game since it was launched, and he says the same thing, but idk, just not for me. Melee is the only game in the world that doesn't suck.

Max?

Smash Champion
Rock Band is pretty fun, especially when you're intoxicated as hell and feel like belting out Bon Jovi's "Dead or Alive" at the top of your lung with James Hetfield style vocals.

But yeah, get at my guitar skills ala 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuPkp4CE-C8

I'm so much better now (and way sexier), this video almost disgusts me.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
My friend Joey is/has been a top ranked player in that game since it was launched, and he says the same thing, but idk, just not for me. Melee is the only game in the world that doesn't suck.
Trust me Max, I've studied Melee in and out, and RO as well. They're BOTH amazing.

Mr.Lemon

Smash Journeyman
Any tips on how to do Doc's upB cancel better? I like the idea of doing it out of shield, but it's just frustratingly hard.
The best piece of advice I can give you for an up+B cancel is to get your finger placement down. Put your thumb not on but a little under the joystick because this will make it a lot easier to change directions after your initial motion to the right or left. At the beginning of the motion, do it as if you were doing a regular up+B. But literally when the first frame of the up+B comes out you have to smash (and I mean they don't call this game smash for nothing SMASH!!!) the joystick in the opposite direction. So if your up+Bing to the right your thumb should be at the top right of the joystick (1:30ish) then slam it towards the top left (11:30ish). It is really fast remember, the entire motion should be complete in under a second.

Don't get frustrated with it, this cancel is extremely difficult to learn it took me about 2 years to get it down. Practice it on a flat surface, and do it against someone your likely going to use it against like Falco. For some reason I feel like it is hard to preform on Marf, it might be the way his character frame is shaped. Also, make sure that you are mixing up the direction you are practicing it in. If you get it down but you have only been doing it to the left, it is going to seem even harder to do it to the right, I had to learn that the hard way.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
So I'm a relatively new MI doc player and think I'll start actually making it a tourney threat. Just wanted to say sup. :cool:

:phone:

SmashMac

Smash Lord
^ This guy is pretty good :]

Also, is RO really that good?
Ragnarok Online pre-renewal is awesome. Renewal is horrible. On June 29th they are releasing a pre-renewal server on the International Ragnarok Online server. I'm going there once it opens.

Top Bottom