• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Tafokints may have been in round 1. I just know that it was pretty janky.

I lost my first local in a while cuz I was loaded. I'm probably gonna be serious again since Scar turned up the heat and is coming for my spot.
What do you mean by ''loaded''? Were you high or something?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
if you smoke, being high isn't a good john. Its definitely how I'm used to playing/usually bringing out my better game..but like...if you super-loaded, it can definitely be a john lol
anywho, not to be bi, but I'm probably gonna drop melee again :p...I haven't owned a system in a year, and work ***** me every smashfest/tournament; otherwise, I'd keep my lil fantasy of being 'the doc' of TX, since i recently moved here, but meh. The little 'smash' is get, is usually just watching shroomed vids...<3

Max?

Smash Champion
That's lame Cyphus, you shouldn't back down. Just play once a week and go out to tournies when you can

Max?

Smash Champion
Shroomed I didn't know you burned. We'll have to smoke next time I see you even tho I quit LOL

VGmasta

Smash Lord
anywho, not to be bi, but I'm probably gonna drop melee again :p...I haven't owned a system in a year, and work ***** me every smashfest/tournament; otherwise, I'd keep my lil fantasy of being 'the doc' of TX, since i recently moved here, but meh. The little 'smash' is get, is usually just watching shroomed vids...<3
I'm in the same boat Cyphus. But' if I can't get no smash, I may as well get some cash.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
I still feel like sheik vs doc is sheik's match to lose. The sheik has to be playing really predictably or the doc player has to be significantly better to win this match up IMO.

Also, I didn't make it out of r1 pools, going 3-1 in sets.

Niko45

Smash Master
I still feel like sheik vs doc is sheik's match to lose. The sheik has to be playing really predictably or the doc player has to be significantly better to win this match up IMO.

how did that go down? I was wondering the details of that. Did 3 people go 3-1 or something?

Max?

Smash Champion

Wow, explain how the **** that worked?

Also, yeah I agree Sheik has the edge on Doc, but how much is very debatable. At least imo

BigWenz

Smash Ace
Wow, explain how the **** that worked?

Also, yeah I agree Sheik has the edge on Doc, but how much is very debatable. At least imo
what i heard was, cyrain essentially forfeited to tafo after beating everyone else in his pool to go drink or some other **** lol, and the person Tafo lost too, Mr. F i believe is his tag (jiggs player from jersey) also went 3-1 and won the head to head.

Shroomed

Smash Master
what i heard was, cyrain essentially forfeited to tafo after beating everyone else in his pool to go drink or some other **** lol, and the person Tafo lost too, Mr. F i believe is his tag (jiggs player from jersey) also went 3-1 and won the head to head.
I thought Cyrain lost a legit set to Tafo?

Niko45

Smash Master
But that means cyrain went 3-1 also and lost head to head with tafo...so there has to be more to it. Came down to dropped games probably?

:phone:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Sheik vs Doc is a lot of footsie because they both wind up using a lot of pokes to fight each other. Sheik has a clear advantage in that style of play but I don't think she really invalidates his existence with it either.

edit:

Maybe Mr. F also had a 3-1 record, which would force them to use an alternative tie-breaker to head-to-head.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Um no.... I played Cyrain in a legit set and beat him (2-1). Maybe he underestimated me, but by no means did he forfeit. If you guys want, I'll MM him at Impulse.

The tiebreaker came down to me beating Cyrain 2-1, whereas Mr. F beat me 2-0, and Cyrain beat Mr. F 2-0

Edit: My sheik vs spacies matchup is not that bad and actually has been rapidly improving. Dajuan (Shroomed) can vouch for my sheiks/spacies matchup.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
TaFo beat my fox at a MI tourney a while ago. Never heard of you before that, but you're legit man.
I had a 20 dollar MM with tafo that I was leading 2-1 best of 5 when the owner of the Wii we were playing on wanted to leave.

Tafo refused to continue on another set-up.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I don't remember you being at that tournament, jeff... I remember chris getting 25th or something, tink losing first round to 1der giving me an incredibly easy bracket (idk how he lost... i 3 stocked 1der twice, once in fox dittos and once in marth dittos). Also that same tournament Oro and DBD did work in teams getting 5th place, and after it all tec0 DBD and I got drunk on Purple

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
we were 1-1 on game 3 on battlefield weren't we?

I guess I still owe you that MM then. We can even start it at 2-1 your lead. =)

MW does love their CGS..

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
I don't remember you being at that tournament, jeff... I remember chris getting 25th or something, tink losing first round to 1der giving me an incredibly easy bracket (idk how he lost... i 3 stocked 1der twice, once in fox dittos and once in marth dittos). Also that same tournament Oro and DBD did work in teams getting 5th place, and after it all tec0 DBD and I got drunk on Purple
Im referring to The Big House

unknown522

Some guy
I just came across that sheik v doc matchup. I'd say 7-3 for sheik. She can literally sit/crouch/walk around and punish doc for (not) doing anything. Then a pseudo-combo ensues and doc can't escape unless the sheik messes up.

It's nice that doc has a CG on her though, but it's incredibly hard to grab a sheik.

unknown522

Some guy
eww, that didn't even work back in like 2004

edit: lol when I was watching game 2 of Shroomed vs Kira, this song came up on my shuffle list. The chorus made me laugh cuz shroomed was pressuring kira and didn't let him get away.

Max?

Smash Champion
CC his moveset. Hit him with stuff. Grab -> dthrow -> moveset. Don't jump that much unless you like getting uaired

BigWenz

Smash Ace
work the cg. Stops working round 40-50% then upsmash or upair, w/e u like to do to get ur combos going. Always stay in front of the pika chu. Being above it, is like being above marth, not fun times at all. Also if u get backthrown off the stage, dont immediately use ur jump. Alotta pikas like 2 agility to eat ur second jump and then boom, docs bad recovery comes in and u get gimped.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
I'm currently of the opinion the spacies are Doc's hardest matchups.

I also think Fox is harder than Falco

Discuss
i played the best player in my state (besides darkrain) who plays fox, and i completely concur that fox is doc's hardest matchup. i got shine-usmashed so much. you cant get away with anything against a good fox

Top Bottom