• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Max?

Smash Champion
He "quit" because he's not can't make money at locals around here, but he's still fiending to play. Kinda hilarious that people like that exist in a 10 year old game still.

Palpi

Smash Hero
He should stop doing dumb **** as falco and start winning money. He has an awesome falco, but he does stupid **** all the time that gets him *****.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I think winning is fun. :)

But seriously, he goes for high risk, high reward punishes when he could be going for more guaranteed safe punishes more often. Instant shine->dairs NEVER ****ING WORK and he does them all of the time.

Max?

Smash Champion
yo shroomed, does dthrow downsmash not work against falco, i saw u tried it vs mango and it never worked but vs lovage it worked like a charm.
It's based on their DI + your reaction time, it does work as long as you are fast enough.

Niko45

Smash Master
I can see why Doc seems to do well against the ICs. Quick powerful smash attacks are great for punishing separated climbers.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
It doesn't really work if you don't DI. I should've switched to upsmashing.

Me vs wobbles is up btw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtZbfBe33B4&feature=channel_video_title

Any constructive criticism is welcome.

all i gotta say is damm u went in on wobbles. good ****. You basically did everything right vs climbers, U rarely got grabbed and when u did nana wasnt in the proper position to start the wobble, and u killed the ***** as quickly and efficently as possible.

edit: what did u ban since most people ban FD vs climbers.

Max?

Smash Champion
SHDJ pill will give you a different pill angle since you're probably going higher than a standard FH.

Shroomed

Smash Master
I ban dream land. Doc can't recover anyway so no real point in having such a huge stage. And what OTG said, I either want a different pill angle, or I was thinking about going in during the short hop and changed my mind.

I think I'm going to a Midwest tournament next weekend, MIST.

Niko45

Smash Master
Do you ban that generally? DL64 just seems like a really bad doc stage, as it exploits his biggest weakness imo, which is range/mobility.

Shroomed

Smash Master
I seldom ban anything other than FoD and Dreamland. I'm banning Kongo vs Ganon from now on though.

FoD is just one of my most hated stages.

Max?

Smash Champion
I have mixed feelings about FoD. I used to enjoy taking spacies there as a CP since anyone with a brain will ban FD vs. Doc, but some recent matches have made me reconsider my stance on that (particularly vs. Falco).

You guys aren't a fan of Dreamland? It's essentially FD with platforms and larger blastzones.... I love me some platforms. I guess I'm biased since most of my KO's are gimps, so it doesn't really matter to me if they are dying off the top or not.

Niko45

Smash Master
I mean, I've watched you get circle camped by fox there and it looks pretty insanely gay. Then watching the way m2k camped top plat on battlefield with sheik...I can't even imagine on dreamland. If you're down a stock that's just game over.

Kongo also seems pretty close to an auto loss for doc against some characters.

Max?

Smash Champion
I mean, I've watched you get circle camped by fox there and it looks pretty insanely gay. Then watching the way m2k camped top plat on battlefield with sheik...I can't even imagine on dreamland. If you're down a stock that's just game over.

Kongo also seems pretty close to an auto loss for doc against some characters.
The only person who did that to me successfully was Harriet the Guy, and that was only because I gave him the stock lead in the first place. I agree tho, it's def not easy to stop someone there once they have the lead.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
And Harriettheguy has VGmasta practice :grin:

Dreamland 64 is too big. Doc takes forever to move around the stage because off high platforms, and some characters live too long on Dreamland.

FoD, I don't like it too much, but I'm actually neutral about that stage and just let my opponent ban that stage.

Kongo Jungle is an awful stage. Too big, terrible for Doc's chaingrabbing because of the slants in the middle of the stage.

On another note, what do you guys about Foxes that just retreat spaced b-airs? I'm finding it impossible to approach.

Max?

Smash Champion
And Harriettheguy has VGmasta practice :grin:

On another note, what do you guys about Foxes that just retreat spaced b-airs? I'm finding it impossible to approach.

Heh, Josh is pretty good. It's awesome to play a player from another region on a somewhat consistent basis. Gives you perspective on what players from that region are doing and what the style is like down there. Funny enough, a number of other players from Florida have been in my region this summer, and Josh's practice made me prepared for the jank that I would soon see. He certainly has choice words for you Ricky ;)

Spacies that ***** out Bair are annoying, but Falco is way worse.

Shroomed

Smash Master
Yeah. I played M2K at Genesis 2 and banned dreamland because of that. I was happy I took a match this time around too. I also am extremely confident next time we play I'll win. I talked to Taj about how I lost and he gave me some good tips that I should've thought about while playing.

If spacies are spamming bair, you just stand at the distance to where you can FH pill and it will hit them on the head. Do that until they stop. Easier said than done obviously, but they have to be on your shield when they start bairing since they can't really approach with it.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Heh, Josh is pretty good. He certainly has choice words for you Ricky ;)
Foreal? What's he sayin'? I'm the best?!

Yeah. I played M2K at Genesis 2 and banned dreamland because of that. I was happy I took a match this time around too. I also am extremely confident next time we play I'll win. I talked to Taj about how I lost and he gave me some good tips that I should've thought about while playing.

If spacies are spamming bair, you just stand at the distance to where you can FH pill and it will hit them on the head. Do that until they stop. Easier said than done obviously, but they have to be on your shield when they start bairing since they can't really approach with it.
Thanks for the advice. Btw, Your match vs M2Kamper was amazing!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have mixed feelings about FoD. I used to enjoy taking spacies there as a CP since anyone with a brain will ban FD vs. Doc, but some recent matches have made me reconsider my stance on that (particularly vs. Falco).

You guys aren't a fan of Dreamland? It's essentially FD with platforms and larger blastzones.... I love me some platforms. I guess I'm biased since most of my KO's are gimps, so it doesn't really matter to me if they are dying off the top or not.
I prefer Yoshi's. Against Marth. : D I think I beat a marth there too. :3

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Good luck at WATO bro. I doubt I'll be there. How big does the turn-out look so far?
-monopoly man shrug-
I only thought about going because it's something I can get to and strife wants me to get out and do commentary before APEX.

I have no clue what it's looking like, and I don't imagine I'll be going because if anybody from GA (or NC) is going, we're horrible at communication.

-edit- dear god that's bigger than i thought.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't like Dr... Wait. Dream Land. Hmmm. Big stage. Maybe. Maybe.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
I'ma LMAO if i wind up at WATO this weekend.
Yeah, I was considering going to WATO too Dogy. And then I looked up and realized it was goin' to host Brawl and Melee. Then I remembered how awfully loud the Brawl players were and how there were only like four melee setups at the other WATOs I attended. That lead to almost no room for friendlies, no time for me to warm up efficiently.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
lol. u purple?
If purple means "I didn't go to G2 like I knew I wasn't," then yeah. ^_^

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH IT AINT MY FAULT.

Yeah, I was considering going to WATO too Dogy. And then I looked up and realized it was goin' to host Brawl and Melee. Then I remembered how awfully loud the Brawl players were and how there were only like four melee setups at the other WATOs I attended. That lead to almost no room for friendlies, no time for me to warm up efficiently.
I mean, I'm not surprised.

Top Bottom