• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Walt

Smash Ace
This was Dajuan all tournament: :cool:

M2K didn't even outplay Dajuan, he just tiered him with gay.

Sunglasses were untouchable son.

On second thought this is him: :cool: + :reverse:

lolz

Walt

Smash Ace
Double posting and don't give a damn

Bob$ went Doc against Wobbles, had an extremely close 1-2. Wish it was recorded, he went ****ing hard, if he got wobbled one less time he probably would have won.

Shroomed

Smash Master
I know exactly what I need to do to beat M2K. I'll beat him next time for sure.

And thanks guys. I thought I was going to get wrecked by Axe because I didn't really know what to do vs Pikachu. I kind of just hit him a bunch though since you can't really edgeguard.

I could've placed higher but ****ing Mango lost to Taj and I had to play him instead of Taj. Boned me just a little bit.

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
you can definitely edgeguard pika. :x
with what? I can never gimp pika off-stage, and doc isn't fast enough to cover everywhere pika can go with his up-B.

Also, I'm new here. Secondaried Doc for a while for funsies, saw Genesis results (good **** Shroomed, I can't wait 'till vids are up), and decided to take a peek here.

'Sup.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
with what? I can never gimp pika off-stage, and doc isn't fast enough to cover everywhere pika can go with his up-B.

Also, I'm new here. Secondaried Doc for a while for funsies, saw Genesis results (good **** Shroomed, I can't wait 'till vids are up), and decided to take a peek here.

'Sup.

depending on where you are and where their up bing from u can cover just about every option. u can cape pikas recovery and it has a **** ton of ending lag so even if u miss the cape u can either grab into some ****, kobe, fsmash, watever da *** u want really.

also dont forget downthrow chaingrabs.

its really not as bad as you think it is or appears to be.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer

'Sup.
get him off stage, stay on the stage.

The only way he can up+b to the ledge is if the 2nd agility is ABOVE it. he can't sweet spot it from below, and his reappearing hitbox thingy is so big you can do damn near anything over the ledge and it'll hit (cape is gunna be your obvious choice)

He can't up+b ABOVE you because it has horrid recovery.

The main thing you have to watch for is him trying to agility THROUGH you to hit you.

Jumping out at him isnt a HORRID idea, but don't be surprised when you get u.aired or even downaired for it.

Niko45

Smash Master
It's crazy cause I remember months ago Shroomed was saying his goal was top 5 at Genesis, and low and behold...

Good **** dude, crazy impressive stuff. Get ***** in crews tho (Hax$!!!!!)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
. . . So does this mean I finally have to say shroomed is g~~~

... Shroomed is g~~~...
*clears throat*
... Shroomed is g~~~...

Na, we gotta keep the tradition. :x

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Wish I had more time to attend more tournaments. I'd probably would've been the best Doc in the world by now. Like better than Shroomed :urg:

. . . So does this mean I finally have to say shroomed is g~~~

... Shroomed is g~~~...
*clears throat*
... Shroomed is g~~~...

Na, we gotta keep the tradition. :x

Yeah, I gave up that tradition after he slaughtered everyone at Pound 5.

It's like that scene in Liar Liar.

THE PEN IS BLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLRED
Lol, such an epic movie that was.

boss8

Smash Hero
doc vs marth......

hey doc im swinging my sword what can you do?

pills?

sry man my sword swings them away....

hmmmmm? i can bait you....CC some fairs,sneak in some uairs...

idk man i can see u coming from all angles,and u cant really bait me not if i camp right...

oooooo, hmmmmm? then i guess i lose =[

strawhats

Smash Master
I know exactly what I need to do to beat M2K. I'll beat him next time for sure.

And thanks guys. I thought I was going to get wrecked by Axe because I didn't really know what to do vs Pikachu. I kind of just hit him a bunch though since you can't really edgeguard.

I could've placed higher but ****ing Mango lost to Taj and I had to play him instead of Taj. Boned me just a little bit.
blind CP him to go marth? Have you played his marth in friendlies btw?

Max?

Smash Champion
I agree with Shroomed, Doc puts in so much hurt on Marth once he lands a solid hit. Get his *** off stage tho, **** is free.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Marth is an outrageous match-up. I'll never be convinced about Doc having a 60-40 advantage on Marth.

All Marth needs is that grab that is so easy to get on Doc. And then it's **** from there. And then mix that in with his ridiculous attack range and hard-to-escape combos.... I don't see how this could be a Doc advantage at all.

Shroomed

Smash Master
Marth is an outrageous match-up. I'll never be convinced about Doc having a 60-40 advantage on Marth.

All Marth needs is that grab that is so easy to get on Doc. And then it's **** from there. And then mix that in with his ridiculous attack range and hard-to-escape combos.... I don't see how this could be a Doc advantage at all.
I'd rather play marth than peach/ganon/fox/falco/sheik/pikachu/everyone else.

He's like my favorite matchup. Him or like fox.

Niko45

Smash Master
Twice recently archaic 2007 players who are way out of touch have commented to me that Marth beats Doc for free. I just laugh at them.

Niko45

Smash Master
Doc probably has a top 5 edgeguard on Marth in the game.

So like, figure out how to dsmash him like twice anyway you can (sidestep/jab/roll/WD oos) and then go right into mixups with bair, edgehogging, and cape.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Yo Shroomed, I just watched you vs. Fly Amanita's ICs from 2GG Ranbat 6/19/11 to see what you do vs. ICs as Doc. I never noticed how well dsmash works against them, but there were some things I saw that I didn't agree with.

First, you grab ICs at like 9x percent a few times and don't dthrow - fair which is guaranteed for a kill, but instead fthrow? Why?

And when you were recovering, I saw some PTP opportunities in there that could've helped you make it back to the stage had you used it correctly according to that situation, but instead you just up+B and accept the edge-hog from ICs?

Top Bottom