• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Shroomed

Smash Master
if SS goes low, he jus up B's backwards and grabs it no matter what i do

and spacies are ****in ********

why the **** can their broken ***es grab the ledge backwards?

as if they're not already good enough

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
werd

i dunno

try running off and back airing into the stage to stage spike them

and then up-b quick like marth or something

doc has alot of edge guarding options

also i noticed you dont down throw chaingrab the spacies

you should mess around with that

like on lunin on dreamland in game 5

when you were both at 2 stocks you had grabbed him and up throwed him 2 or 3 times

and he didnt di so he could get out of the upthrows

and you just fsmashed

if you would have down thrown you could have kept going to like 100 or something

MaDWaK

Smash Journeyman
or try have ur back turned to the ledge to if he upBs backwards you can WD and edgehog and if he goes high you can Kobe or fsmash or whatever.

Shroomed

Smash Master
i get pretty nervous vs SS lol

even tho i know falcon cant do **** when he's upBing and ur on the ledge, i get off cuz i get scared

SS makes me nervous haha

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
i jus realized

me and HMW b missin HELLA edgeguards lol

and make stupid mistakes

brandon u had SS

and i cant count the times i fullhop fair off the stage and get edgeguarded

someone gimme more tips about what im messin up

besides what BOSSMAN said (im too aggressive 24/7 lol)
yea we got this!!!!

watching me play jeff is =(

but ima get it down someday

**** YOU HUNGRYBOX!!!, U TOOK MY 1000th post :mad:
OHHH YEA IM MAD!!!!!

but yea man

my biggest problem is fighting sheik

im bad at fighting sheik in general

i need a sheik to practice with

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
That American *** dude with the helmet.

__

Ninja Assassin. That's a pretty hilarious movie. Ninjas vs Pirates is soooooo 2008. It's all about Ninjas vs Special Ops, now.

__

SWEETDICULOUS! RUN YO POCKETS!

__

I gotta get back to work on that guide, I havent touched it in a week or so. Who's surprised? I'll probably do a few low tier matchups today.

Like... Zelda.

Dont ever smash Zelda's shield. Stay out of double platinum range. The end. (Not really)

MERRY BIRD DAY EVERYBODY

otg

Smash Master
sheik is my worst by far too
Fighting Sheik is like fighting yourself......., but she has better combos, is faster, gimps you better, has more priority, range, a better dsmash, better edgeguard game, better projectile etc etc. The only thing Doc has on her is dthrow CG, and her stupid recovery which he can exploit pretty well..... and that is NOT good lol.

Sup Pine, sup waffles ? :)

lol ima stuff me some falcos
lol silly bird, get dsmashed.

Shroomed

Smash Master
i was planning to ftilt, hope he missed the tech n then dsmash

as for that OTG video, i'd ***** and try to convince the guy to forfeit to me LMAO

and there's a tourney in a week so i'll try it at that one

it only works if they dont DI right?

EDIT: im watching all my old/new matches

and i keep seeing tiny mistakes, especially on the last stock, that are costing me matches

man i suck

otg

Smash Master
as for that OTG video, i'd ***** and try to convince the guy to forfeit to me LMAO

Haha, yeah that sucked pretty bad, ****ing Jiggs.

Anyway, I could say a billion things about the dthrow CG on spacies (aka dribblin). I dont have the time or energy to go into it, but it IS guaranteed regardless of their DI. You just have to react fast enough/JC ur grabs. It technically starts in the 30s, but becomes much easier around 50-60 (right around where uthrow CG ends). You can get away with it at lower % when people would expect you to uthrow and you get a free regrab as a result. Just work on your reaction and prediction and it *****.

Like when I watch vids of you and Waffles, you guys get a grab just below the guaranteed KO % for uthrow -> fair on Jeff or any spacies you guys are fighting, go for it and sure enough they DI and survive. If you dribbled them once or twice before you dunked em that two points would've been good.

Just saying. This **** is really good, and I advice everyone to learn it.

PS: **** is guaranteed til 200%+, so feel free to just dthrow em all day till you just bthrow/fthrow, whatever is closer to the edge at the time. On platform stages where a potential uthrow woudl allow them to escape, the dthrow allows more punishment/repositioning before you decide what to do with them from there. And then of course you have guaranteed dthrow-> fair/fsmash/dsmash/usmash KOs at various %'s (usmash starts around 130+%, not sure about fair, everything else is DI dependant).

And my personal favorite is the 0-death CG on FFers on fd. Uthrow cg -> dthrow cg -> bthrow loll ****.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Has anyone started playing Doc like a little Samus? Abuse CC, wd ftilt all day, jab cancels on the back of people's shields, upb OoS, etc?

I was really gone when I noticed that he's like a little Samus, so I might be off-base, buuuuuuuut yeah.
My thoughts exactly, and vs, certain matchups you have to go in and out. I probably use to play more like a projectile spamming Samus though.

sheik is my worst by far too
Yea Sheik is mad gay, right next to Marth.

yea we got this!!!!

watching me play jeff is =(

but ima get it down someday
How come vs. SilentSpectre you didn't just simply cape his ***? I mean I know he was too close to the edge sometimes to be caped. But there was a match where I saw you did a f-tilt/b-air that ended up saving him everytime he was too low and far away to recover to the stage with a reverse Up-B. It might be a force of habit or something.

Those were good sets though, especially that first part of Grand Finals. I didn't think SilentSpectre was gonna fall for that money shot gimp you pulled. I figured he had too much BobMoney practice for that. But he fell for it anyways. I laughed! :laugh:

Other than that, you WC docs are getting creative. I'm taking Shroomed's upsmash out of shield technique as soon as I learn how to do it.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i was planning to ftilt, hope he missed the tech n then dsmash

EDIT: im watching all my old/new matches

and i keep seeing tiny mistakes, especially on the last stock, that are costing me matches

man i suck
nah son you ****

and about the dthrow chaingrab, it works for all di, you just gotta act quick,

havent you seen that vid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPUUQ6kcZeE#t=0m21s

you can do it at low percents on spacies too, but only with no di

and you gotta regrab quickly like marth up throw chain grab on a spacie at 0%

Shroomed

Smash Master
this dthrow CG seems too legit....

i'll practice it sometime this weekend

now i hella wanna play

i dont play doc enough in friendlies so i dont learn/make up stuff till tourney matches

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i cant believe you didnt know about that lol

but yo add that to your gameplay

and when you get a grab vs ss

youll **** him

watch this one too lol

dthrow ***** man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMne3DMskK4

im swear im about to drop falcon for doc

or main them both because theyre not gay like everyone else in this game

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Man wtf

I need to go to FL and play some people there. I love most of their playstyles.

And that dthrow stuff is oooooooold news. But it's more common for Mario players to know aboot it, cuz his dthrow is ********.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Man, it must be hard bein' a WC Doc, livin' up to Bobby's rep and all. Just watched Overdose for the first time in forever, and while you can LOLOL about DI, he had some really nice tricks for his time. Shame I was all up on Peach back then, there's a good deal to learn from him.

I really like how he uses utilt properly.

otg

Smash Master
And that dthrow stuff is oooooooold news. But it's more common for Mario players to know aboot it, cuz his dthrow is ********.
Dthrow stuff is old, but NO ONE does it and it's really good. Maybe people would get those KO's they **** up on from grabs if they started. I can also so it being much more useful for Mario because his fsmash sweetspot takes advantage of the hard DI behind option off of the dthrow.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Man, it must be hard bein' a WC Doc, livin' up to Bobby's rep and all. Just watched Overdose for the first time in forever, and while you can LOLOL about DI, he had some really nice tricks for his time. Shame I was all up on Peach back then, there's a good deal to learn from him.

I really like how he uses utilt properly.
Bob$ was just plain superior for his time. There's stuff in his Overdose vid that I'm still not seeing a lot of Docs use.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^^well, because lots of it was prolly set up/DI'ed badly, etcetc

Anywho, I've started watching melee vidz to learn again. Gotta step up mah game!

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Yeah, maybe some of it was from poor DI. But Bobmoney capitalized on his opponents poor decisions/DI. For example, there's a clip in his combo video when he comboed a Samus with a full hop--> up-air --> air-jump --> f-air that killed. The combo only connected because his opponent decided to air jump after he was hit with the up-air.

I don't feel as if I see that kinda thing from Doc players nowadays. But not to worry, I'm changing the Doc metagame along with OTG.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yaaaaaay!

I finally have a controller again!

My technicals are gonna get back in shape, then my mind-reading abilities will go from one or two hit combos/magical fsmashes to OMFG GET ***** combos.

:D

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Well actually, the double C-stick thing is incredibly uncomfortable, so I swapped it back. It feels pretty normal... maybe a little thicker than a normal controller, but I like it.

Top Bottom