• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

VGmasta

Smash Lord
I eat capfal recoveries. I don't see how it's hard, and I suck. Even when playing people better than me--must be and EC thing =P

Regarding sheiks grab. She has options to cover everything you do, but they are different for each thing, so mix them up. If you don't DI, she can Upsmash you. If you DI slightly back, she can b-air, turn around fair you (but I think that clashes w/ your n-air if you throw one out). If you DI ahead, she can regrab, f-tilt, lotsa stuff.

I find the best thing is to DI slightly forward, take an f-tilt, and then get away (ASDI+DI the tilt). After that, just n-air or d-air or something if she keeps following up. If they get into expecting me to DI forward, I just don't DI and I n-air. It trades w/ every option except the upsmash. Or could just not get grabbed. It's not like you should be in a place where she can needle->grab anyways, and that's how most of her grabs should be landing.
So much work just to avoid getting comboed further by priority... This is why Marth and Falcon are the next two on the tough list.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
are you kidding me

that was terrible

that was like a 6th grade joke

how old are you 11

MaDWaK

Smash Journeyman
I lol'd when i first read it but after a while when I scrolled over it again I was like "ha...wow, really?" I think thats the kind of response he was looking for when he posted it. .

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
max im definitely the one that told him about the dthrow chaingrab first

taking false credit is gay

go back and check son

otg

Smash Master
I've been talking about how good Dthrow CG is for months and months and months. I even posted about it in the OP back in like may or june. And also Jona, as much as I'm sure you want to take credit for it, who did you see using it and ****** with it for a super long time?

Me, now stfu and go back to pretending your good at this game.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
son shroomed didnt even know about it until i mentioned it to him

so you didnt do a good job at talking about it for months and months

and yea ill go back pretending to beating your doc with fox on FD

oh wait that happened

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Vids of meeeeeeee.

Vs. Ferdi's Marth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjYWZXLM11U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jge5GR6HxFg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5LQplKcrTY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-677LhgaJZA

More will be up shortly(ish).

Also, if anyone cares, mah Mario:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWBjB-lHO3w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i__0suSwvY

Last stock lulz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5lmCyDhSiM

Criticism is welcome, but for some things (spamming Mario's fsmash like hell one match), it was because we were doin' friendlies, and I was trying stupid **** out to see what works. Same goes for Ferdi.

BUT GO AHEAD AND SAY WHATEVER!

otg

Smash Master
You're friends marth is kinda ... meh, so it's hard to give any "advice". Your doc looks good, just work on some of that spacing. And I saw you trying to tornado to get out of Marth's utilt/uair ****, but you got ***** anyway lol.

I'll watch a few more for a bit.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Any pointers for his Marth would be great, too, since he only started playing Marth about a month or so ago. He's normally our spacies/sheik main, and has actually taken matches from/beaten some good players. His Marth just waits.

EDIT: Any matches vs Evoz/MaGuS, Roman/Idol, or Handsome Tim should be ignored unless you feel like critiquing Link/DK, Ganon, or whatever the hell Idol is playing as, since they're all pretty new to the game/their characters.

Well, actually, go ahead and look at any matches I post w/ Handsome Tim, since I need advice on that matchup. I can wreck Ganon with Peach and Sheik, but I'd still like pointers w/ random things, since there aren't many Ganon mains around these parts.

otg

Smash Master
Does he want advice in general or for the Doc v. Marth matchup? In general I think he just needs to move more, space better, stop spamming fsmash and get more exp.

For vs. Doc
space him,
Marth cc ditlt -> Doc cc anything,
space fair/nair/ftilt/dtilt him to death,
don't ever trying to approach/get in super close unless you want Doc to win
anytime you knock him off stage just grab the ledge and force him to upb on stage
If Doc grabs you he realy can't combo you well from a throw unless the Marth DI's all dumb
Watch out for Dthrow -> fair KO's (aka: don't get grabbed cause you shouldn't allow doc to get in that close).
Jab pills

Wash rince repeat.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Prolly Marth in general. It could also be that he was just effin' around. It's not uncommon for Ferdi to 3-4 stock pretty much any CO player in tournament.

Except me, cuz I'm tight.

But alrighty, I'll pass the message on to him. He hasn't really done CC dtilt with Marth ever, and I suspect that'll be annoying to deal with.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Not bad Izzy, not bad at all. You made good use of wavedashing in and out with f-tilt and good use/spam of Mario's f-smash. Now you should start stalling some of the recoveries as Mario by caping more.

Oh yeah, I still don't understand what the falling tornadoes were about. :confused:

So he's changing the Doc metagame is he?! I'll show him. :demon:

otg

Smash Master
LMAO. ****, that's ****. I was kind of hoping you would keep that one on the DL so I could use it for inevitable combo video. I do a bunch of other **** stuff in those vids we recorded the other night (vs. Jesse's Ganon as both Doc/Marth, in teams ... umm, vs. Jesse's Fox as either Marth/Doc). I can't think of all of them, so just watch em all and see if I do **** stuff (which I think I was in almost every match lol).

I'm the SS of Doc's son (except I'm good).

Top Bottom