• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Not bad Izzy, not bad at all. You made good use of wavedashing in and out with f-tilt and good use/spam of Mario's f-smash. Now you should start stalling some of the recoveries as Mario by caping more.

Oh yeah, I still don't understand what the falling tornadoes were about. :confused:

So he's changing the Doc metagame is he?! I'll show him. :demon:
tyty

The falling tornadoes are a bit of a gimmick to change my momentum/positioning and get them off the stage/away from me.

But Ferdi just waits for me, so they don't work vs him.

I'll try to get vids vs Yang sometime. He's our lolRAPE Marth that makes me want to drop lower tier and just use Sheik all day against him. D:<

Ferdi just gets you scurred and laughs when you do something stupid.

Also, more matches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T8Qv28oh_U

Ends a little early, but I end up 2 stocking him. I was saaaaaad that it cut off. Ending was tight.

Erm.... The rest are still uploading? Keep an eye out for my matches vs BlueMycon. For some reason, I lost to him while we were recording (he's purdy good), despite stomping his yard the rest of the night. Maybe he sandbags. lololol

But yeah, people should subscribe and shiz. I'm gonna try to get matches vs Yang, Chap, Nite, and, if I'm lucky, Jeris and LoVo in the next two days. Again, ignore the matches vs Idol/EvoZ unless you wanna see me screwing around. They're both newcomers.

BUT EVOZ HAS POTENTIAL, SO ANYONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO PLAY LINK/DK SHOULD GIVE HIM ADVICE!

EDIT:

Ferdi ****** me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMwtX52IFYI

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
nice ending, boss. i like how you kept turning edge guarding opportunities into chain grabs. wtF?

nice doc, bro.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
I wanna play you soooo badly you don't even know

You look realllly good lol

No homo...

(Slight homo)
Lol at the slight homo, thanks man. Appreciate the opinion. You're coming to winterfest, right? If I come up on some bread, I can come to winterfest with some people from Gainesville. Then' we shall play some matches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo0L2adyW84

check my footwork.......a kobe from halfcourt O_O
Wow, I knew Boss was good in teams. But I had no idea he was that beastly. I like how the Dr. Mario looks faster than the Fox. Such fancy footwork. And that unnecessary KOBE at the end was crazy. I can't wait to get that fast.

otg

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo0L2adyW84

check my footwork.......a kobe from halfcourt O_O
lmao, that was hilarious. **** you boss, stealing my thunder :) If you weren't so good I'd be all pissed and ****. HAVE YOU SEEN MY SIG BOSS!!??!?!?!?!? HAVE YOU SEEEN IT?!

/jk

I should have some vids up vs. players thhat are good tho (no offense to epsilon but he kinda sucks loL), tho they feature a player who sandbags harder than isai and jeff combined.

I'll link em up when they are done.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
The lulz is comin to get chyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I need to play melee with some peopleeeeeeee, probably gunna try to con some scrubs into play with me. ^_^

Sittin at my friend's house atm, wish i had a cube with me so I can make his lil bro play with me. He actually likes melee.

Watchin chillin on the NECX stream was sooooooo hilarious. Super raaaaaandom sagat.

Shroomed

Smash Master
today i won my first tourney

n nobody had recording equipment so no one will ever get to see it

i beat SS in winners, he beat me first set of grand, then 3-0 second set =D

i had a good day

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
****............ doc vs samus is the single most even matchup in this game. i love it. i want to play it more. i want it to consume me.... i played a 21 minute set vs a samus today and it was the most fun ive ever had in this got dang game. i also played yoshi dittos in bracket lol. vids comin soon. suck it shroomed.

otg

Smash Master
Shroomed, you OBVIOUSLY haven't read my sig. Goddamit, everyone ****ing get in line RIGHT NOW. Oh, and I'm going to hopefuly have some vids up today of me vs. some midtiers/spacies probably (don't remember exactly vs. who).

WHY IS MY ****ING SIG NOT POPPING UP. YOU MUST OBEY SHROOMED.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

VGmasta

Smash Lord
today i won my first tourney

n nobody had recording equipment so no one will ever get to see it

i beat SS in winners, he beat me first set of grand, then 3-0 second set =D

i had a good day
Congrats man. I'll take your word for it. Now it'll never be easy for SilentSpectre to win now. Next time, make sure HMW records the win. I'm sure you'll beat SilentSpectre again.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Grats, Shroomed.

Dogy, can you make me a promise to NEVER let anyone in the South do commentating except for you? Watching the Nite vs Bloshi match and then watching the RockCrock vs Bloshi match made me long for either:

1) Dogy talkin' over every match.
2) Whatever kid is announcing aside from Dogy needs to be quiet.

Or something. Cuz like... it was like listening to a Brawl player talk about stuff. Kid had no bidness on the mic.

With that said, pretty sure I'm going to P4. Who wants to get ***** in friendlies?

otg

Smash Master
your sig was an opinion by one person.....his name is eggm.......and he doesnt get that much doc EXP.....
*sigh* Ok, I know it's just eggms opinion (tho he has played with many Doc's all over the EC and thus his opinion is quite well educated), but that doesn't mean I agree with it at all. Am I the best Doc? No way, I never go to tourney and even when I do I'm inconsistent at best. Am I really ****ing nasty? Hell yea. Does it even matter who the best Doc is? No. Until someone starts winning lots of tournies going all Doc, the title of best doc don't mean ****.

That being said, Shroomed is probably the closest thing we got till Bob$ goes back to Doc and starts showing those WC Doc's how Bobby does it. Don't get all butthurt just cause I'm succesfully trollin you boss, you're way to nasty so somethign like this shouldn't get to your head.

/love the doc boards.

Oh, PS:

GOOD ****ING **** SHROOMED. I was the results thread, I'm a believer (^.^)

boss8

Smash Hero
im not worked up at all.....until the title for best docs comeout we should be helping each other anyways......

lol its just a sig....not that big a deal.....eggm's told me the same thing....same with alot of other pros...

i would go to more melee turneys......but....brawl is keeping pocket change in my wallet....lol

ill start when i get my job....xD then use doc to the max....

Shroomed

Smash Master
you guys dont all consistently pick doc in tourney?

WTF!?

i only play doc at a high lvl lol

all my other characters mostly suck

Shroomed

Smash Master
all my chars cept my doc suck balls so i very rarely bust out another char

boss: what makes you go mario?

VGmasta

Smash Lord
I'm only decent with Doc and Ganondorf. I'd try Fox more, but he is too hard for me not to self-destruct with in tournament right now. I'm pretty sure I could get decent with him if I took the time to train him and stuff. But there has not been enough hours in a day for me to do that now. And I already found like the most interesting character in the game (Dr. Mario) to master. So I mostly go Doc all the way. I only go Ganon if I lose confidence in my edgeguarding/chaingrabbing with Doc that day (or I get a stupid counterpick like me vs Sheik at Rainbow Cruise). I like to run things like I do in other fighting games: don't move on to other characters until you've truly mastered one.

you guys dont all consistently pick doc in tourney?

WTF!?

i only play doc at a high lvl lol

all my other characters mostly suck
I'm the same way. I think it's cooler to be **** with not so many characters than it would be to just be "ok" with a bunch of characters.

Top Bottom