• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

AXE 09

Smash Master
haha, its weird tho. most known doc mains of 2009/10 are like most of the known samus mains in 2005/6, aka all of color.
YOU RACIST!!!!!

lol jk jk jk

it's cool if you say they're all black. "of color" could mean anything, from vietnamese, to mexican, to indian

i'm actually blaxican =)

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
My opinion, hardest to easiest:

=== **** this matchup ===
Sheik
Captain Falcon
=== Really hard ===
Fox
Jigglypuff
=== Not bad ===
Falco
Peach
=== Easy ===
Marth
Ice Climbers

otg

Smash Master
My opinion, hardest to easiest:
This list isn't that far off from my opinion, I would just switch a few things around.

Like:
A.) Put Falcon in the "Really Hard" Tier, Sheik deserves her own tier for being gay.
B.) Switch Fox with Falco, Falco is way tougher.
C.) Switch Jiggs with Marth, then put Marth into the Not Bad tier.

So it looks like this Imo (OTG's Hypothetical matchups 1):

Sheik
=== Really hard ===
Falco
Captain Falco
Marth
=== Not bad ===
Fox
Peach
Ganon
=== Easy ===
Jiggs
Ice Climbers

I'm even tempted to put either Marth or Falco into the "Not Bad" tier because they are honestly not bad matchups, Fox maybe into easy tier? It depends on how gay he feel likes playing at the time.

This is my list for now, Doc v. Icies is cake.

OTG's SUPER Hypothetical matchup list 2:

Sheik
=== Really hard ===
Captain Falcon
Marth
=== Not bad ===
Falco
Peach
Ganon
=== Easy ===
Fox
Jiggs
Ice Climbers

I keep marth up there cause I really dislike that matchup, but I can see it being easy. I really do not mind the Fox/Falco matchups and think they are close to even (despite what Mogwai claims). Doc v. Jiggs/Icies is cake, I'm tempted to put Ganon there too but I really don't play enough **** ganons (hopefully I can get some matches in with Tip either this weekend or the week after). I don't play Peachs enough but I used to think that matchup is horrible but during ROM2 I got used to it, not nearly as bad as I used to think it was.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Samus isn't top/high tier :p if we included everyone my list would start off like:

=== THIS MATCHUP IS ****ING BUSTED ===
Luigi
=== NO SERIOUSLY ===
Luigi
=== IT'S BULL**** ===
Luigi

VGmasta

Smash Lord
quick question (i may seem like a n00b for askin dis) whats docs best high/top tier matchup?
I gonna search for Marth vids vs. all you Docs on here. I don't know why no one else is convinced that Marth is such a ****** :confused:.

Now instead of calling that section "Easy", I'd prefer to call it evenish (None of these match-ups are easy to me).

Sheik
Marth
=== Really hard ===
Captain Falcon
Falco
=== Hard ===
Peach
Fox
=== "Evenish" ===
Jiggs
Ice Climbers

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
doc vs falcon is not hard

ill use doc and ill bring any falcon down to 1 stock or beat them

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Quick response time, yaaaaaaaay.
are all u doc players black???? lol and one pika main....

is everyone in here black???
Everybody in here? No.

All doc mains? Just like some have said, no, but ironically a majority ARE. If not all, atlieast partially.
the blackest doc player is obviously DOGY xD
-72, -72, -72.

quick question (i may seem like a n00b for askin dis) whats docs best high/top tier matchup?
It's not a noob question at all.

It's real subjective though, as it really boils down to personal opinion, personal experience, and (to some degree) region.

I'd say.

-Marth is clear cut the worst. 3-7.
-Capfal and Sheik are both 4-6. If anything, Sheik would be 3.5/6.5, but there are a few things that keep her from being marth-bad.
-Samus and Fox are 4.5/5.5.
-Ganon, ICs, and Peach are 5/50. I can understand anybody saying peach is 4.5/5.5 (or even a straight 4/6).
-Jiggs is 6/4.

for the sake of the tierlist not being changed yet.

-DK is 5/5
-Luigi is 6/4
-Mario is 4.5/5.5

I think that covers down to low.
ice climbers arent easy....have u ever played chudat???
I wont say ICs are easy, but they're not hard by any strech. And yes, I've played chu.

Doc actually gets away from some IC nonsense, and he easily puts them in bad positions (read: forced desyncs). AFAIK, ICs dont even have a CG on doc besides the generic ledge chaingrab and wobbling (unless chu straight up lied to me XD), but he has ways of keeping them from just sliding in at will.

On the other end, it's not like they CANT punish mistakes or anything, seeing as they can punish d.smash with WD dsmash.

It's pretty 50/50 imo.
I heard mario and doc are falco counters. is that true?
Counter? Na. Some people will actually tell you they're real good against falco, which I can see (read: see, not do, lol XD). But even a soft counter? Na, I couldn't buy that.

Neither one of them do bad against falco, although Mario does better in the grand scheme of things.

___
edit: late entry

doc vs falcon is not hard

ill use doc and ill bring any falcon down to 1 stock or beat them
maaan, I want you to play gawes or darkrain, or scar (I think he has some doc experience now).

Hell, if NESNoob was still around, I'd bet $50 against you no problem. XD

Infact, speaking of him, I probably could throw Iori in that category as well. *thinks to self*, and DERF, and cornel (when he's not tryin to be american).

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
dang dogy I wish you were around for event52 to bet that against me cuz i beat NES N00b in a crew match 4 stocks apiece lol. i totally coulda taken him back then

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
ive played scar with doc but thats before i started playing doc to be good with him

i swear on my life that match-up is even

i dont think shroomed ever gets completely destroyed by ss

they way you guys make it seem its impossible

def not as hard as falco/marth

they should be ahead of falcon on a difficulty list

also whats faster?

shield grab or upsmash OoS

does up smash have more forward range then grab?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Grab is faster, upsmash probably has more range.

And nobody is making it sound IMPOSSIBLE. I'm saying the same thing I've been saying forever, capfal has the advantage over doc.

And if you want me to be even more specific, when I talk about matchups, I generally talk about one characters ability to run their strats/stop the others vs the other character's ability to.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
you guys are just bad vs falcon

maybe because i play falcon i know how doc just works him and what to against falcon

you guys should play the match up vice versa to see what its like

play a good doc as falcon and then youll see

idk theres alot of things that just hurt

MAX do you have a flash drive? if we play tomorrow im gonna record and give it to you so you can upload it

were gonna do mad falcon vs doc and then ill switch to doc and you be falcon

and ill destroy you with my 4 tricks

St. Viers

Smash Champion
yeah, falcon is annoying. Only made fair by the ease you can kill him. It's just he has an easier time getting in at you >_<

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Lol.
Shut up, Jona.

Also Dogy.
I disagree about Marf and Sheik.
Just saying.
Like, they should be switched.

otg

Smash Master
Lol.
Shut up, Jona.

Also Dogy.
Just saying.
This. Someone should honestly teach me to fight Marth. Like I **** marth's who dont know how to fight Doc (which is a surprising amount) but some Marth's in my area are just disgusting and give me a hard time. I know Shroomed and a few others claim it's almost even.... I'd be curious as to why.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Also Dogy.
Just saying.
Look at it like this.

vs Marth and Sheik, Doc realistically can't do anything to deter them from doing what they want to.

Both of them, however, can pretty much stop Doc from doing ANYTHING.

The reason why Marth is worse than sheik is because, in the event Doc ever lands a grab on Marth, he really only gets one guaranteed hit and then has to make another good read. If he ever lands one on sheik, however, he gets a chaingrab that leads into a f.smash, guarenteed.

Now, one can argue "A doc is never going to grab a sheik", but if you want to say that, you might as well extend that twice as much for marth.

Speaking of grabs, if marth lands a grab on doc, he can always put doc in a bad position. He cant ever KILL doc straight from a grab (unless Doc helps him with bad DI), but he can always put him in a bad position). All sheik ever gets from a grab is one, maybe two hits. Eventually she WILL have kill setups for it, but she cant devastate doc one grab like he can her.

Beyond that, they both are, in large, the same. Marth has more options for stopping you (such as marth being able to flat out stop EVERYTHING you do on recovery where as sheik can stop like, 95%).
This. Someone should honestly teach me to fight Marth. Like I **** marth's who dont know how to fight Doc (which is a surprising amount) but some Marth's in my area are just disgusting and give me a hard time. I know Shroomed and a few others claim it's almost even.... I'd be curious as to why.
The only reason why people say it's even is, like I keep saying, most marths dont like to play the matchup like it should be.

Most marths seem to think it's kool to actually run in and look for grabs and whatnot. That's the kinda stuff you hope for in the matchup because, although getting grabbed by marth sucks, they have to give up their range advantage to do so (and remember, range is one of doc's character flaws.)

Doc/Marth might not be as bad as I make it out to be, but it sure as hell isn't even.

Shroomed

Smash Master
marth is not that big a problem

UNLESS

he stands there and jabs the whole game

then gg u lose cuz u cant do ****

i think it's easier to edgeguard marth than it is to edgeguard spacies lol

but then again, i suck so dont take my word 4 it lol

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^^dude that's my line. Except I actually suck.

I dunno though. I have tons of sheik experience, and I don't feel playing a good sheik is anywhere near as bad as playing a good marth, falcon, or fox. In reality, she isn't disjointed, her needles are annoying, but can't flat-out stop you like marth's sword, and the previously mentioned grab situation.

Maybe I have to play M2k's sheik or something to see exactly why it's so bad, but I don't see it.

I'd say

--Very Hard--
Marth

--Hard--
Falcon
Fox

--Roughly Even (slight disadvantage)--
Falco
Sheik
Ganon
Luigi

--Doc's Advantage--
Puff
Peach
Bad Space animal players
Samus
IC

Then again, my playstyle focuses alot on pill camping, pivot grab and f-tilt, and really gay edgeplay--I picked that up from being trashed by dan. Not the most conventional doc XD

EDIT: if the marth jabs all game, just space capes, and win by percent lead. Or, in less specific terms, if the marth is spacing properly, cape. If he starts effing w/ his spacing to mindgame/hit you, punish him for not staying at his range.

Top Bottom