• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I'll accept the award for loudest Doc. When you guys have it ready, lemme know, and I'll go get mah suit.

:D

@Zeal: Um, alot of characters can do that. What I'm talking about is literal invincibility frames. Falco actually has 6 frames of inv on his d.smash (on his legs only). Any where, any day. Even on sundays.
DJ N was the first person I saw to actually use it with Doc/Mario, though, and it REALLY helps if Marth flubbed his edgeguard but is being a douchebag and waiting to CC **** while you're on the edge.

Anyway, I was talking about invul first, jerkface. Yeah, Falco has 6 frames of invul. Fox has 1 frame of invul on his dsmash. Peach and Sheik have upperbody invul on their usmashes. Fox has invul on his head but not snout during his usmash. Ness' utilt is fantastic. Anyone who isn't a re-re and has actually glanced at frame data knows this stuff.

Esp the Falco dsmash. That's like... 2004 knowledge, there. =/

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I'll accept the award for loudest Doc. When you guys have it ready, lemme know, and I'll go get mah suit.
...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

READ MY SHIRT

AND GET ON MY LEVEL.

DJ N was the first person I saw to actually use it with Doc/Mario, though, and it REALLY helps if Marth flubbed his edgeguard but is being a douchebag and waiting to CC **** while you're on the edge.

Anyway, I was talking about invul first, jerkface. Yeah, Falco has 6 frames of invul. Fox has 1 frame of invul on his dsmash. Peach and Sheik have upperbody invul on their usmashes. Fox has invul on his head but not snout during his usmash. Ness' utilt is fantastic. Anyone who isn't a re-re and has actually glanced at frame data knows this stuff.

Esp the Falco dsmash. That's like... 2004 knowledge, there. =/
I mean it's good, dont get me wrong. Waveland ... hell alot of stuff with doc/mario is pretty good (waveland u.tilt with mario is dumb beast for combos.)

As for the rest of the post, you'd be surprised what people actually dont know about this game. Especially when you start talking about characters that AREN'T elite 4 and friends.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I'm an average doc--6'1", ~200 lbs. hoping to get back down to like 180 by summer though, or keep my weight and replace fat w/ muscle.

Anywho, I realized that I've grown sloppy w/o playing people my level. Time to step it up again.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

READ MY SHIRT

AND GET ON MY LEVEL.

I mean it's good, dont get me wrong. Waveland ... hell alot of stuff with doc/mario is pretty good (waveland u.tilt with mario is dumb beast for combos.)

As for the rest of the post, you'd be surprised what people actually dont know about this game. Especially when you start talking about characters that AREN'T elite 4 and friends.
That's true. I didn't know boozer could do klaw fthrow uair klaw bthrow at low percents on Falcon until watching DJ N, so yeah.

We're gonna hafta have a loud-off. I don't need a shirt to warn people. They know I'm loud by reputation.

:D<3

otg

Smash Master
I'm the loudest mofo ever. So ROM was pretty ****, got to team with waffles in some friendlies (hopefully we get singles tomorrow) and had to play Pine in pools. A surpring amount of Doc's there. It was cool.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
dude i went up to a newcomer it was his first turney.......

i grabbed him by the shirt and said..

PAY FOR MY VENUE FEE >=O!!!

and he said....hey man hey man be cool be cool i gotchu...

i patted him on the back and said...im kidding bro....im boss wassup???

ROFLMAO!!!! his parents where like ur never going out again xD
:laugh: Oh snap!

so where should we take peach?
Take the peach to bed, that's where I'd take her. :laugh:
Ok for real now, I would vote Yoshi Story for quicker KOs. And I would pick Final Destination if I feel like spacing around a lot with pills and b-airs and stuff.

MaDWaK

Smash Journeyman
im tired of not seeing doc placing at majors. yo docs, top3 @pound4? kthx.

my semi-flawed therory with peach is to take her to Yoshis unless they like to play runaway or ban it. then I would cp stadium since there's no top platform and the pill game seems better to lock her down and stop jumps/floats making it easier to get in for mixups. The thing is when I pick stadium I always forget about how often the stage changes, and every time it goes to the fire, windmill, or mountain stage I camp like no other. I suck at the matchup tho. I always get hit by random dsmashes, nairs and fairs.

anyone know if fountain is good vs peach?

VGmasta

Smash Lord
im tired of not seeing doc placing at majors. yo docs, top3 @pound4? kthx.

my semi-flawed therory with peach is to take her to Yoshis unless they like to play runaway or ban it. then I would cp stadium since there's no top platform and the pill game seems better to lock her down and stop jumps/floats making it easier to get in for mixups. The thing is when I pick stadium I always forget about how often the stage changes, and every time it goes to the fire, windmill, or mountain stage I camp like no other. I suck at the matchup tho. I always get hit by random dsmashes, nairs and fairs.

anyone know if fountain is good vs peach?
No top platform on Poke Stadium to camp; I never thought of that!
I think the platforms at Fountain of Dreams (FoD) would work against you. I feel like Peach has the better platform game over Doc. Trying to sweetspot recovery is rather difficult on this stage (for me at least). Other than that I'm not sure.

I wish I could at least go to Pound 4. :(

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
FoD against Peach is almost as bad as taking her to Yoshi's.
I'd say Stadium.
I have to try Battlefield next time, though.
I always forget that stage exists, and in the back of my mind I think of it as inherently gay, but it's my brothers favorite stage, so I play on it a lot and I underestimate how good I am on it.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
battlefield si good vs peach. fod sucks because you get sucked up the platforms by dsmash. also dsmash hits like way under the stage on the edge. battlefield and MK2 thats the way to go. or ir you live in a ****ty region that bans mk2 then go to dl64

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
so what happens if yu sh cape oos a peach thats floating at you. Will she stay at the same height/turn around? odd that i can't remember what happens

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
so what happens if yu sh cape oos a peach thats floating at you. Will she stay at the same height/turn around? odd that i can't remember what happens
*points up to what vulcan says*

What's most important about it, it capes her out of float, meaning it capes her out of float cancels.

anthony000

Smash Journeyman
I think I'mma try using cape more offensively. Actually just period. Sometimes I feel like I get sucked up in using the same sector of moves in my moveset and I have to physically remember to do ****.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I wonder if Dogy also plays Naruto Clash of Ninja 2.... Hrrmmmmm....

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I wonder if Dogy also plays Naruto Clash of Ninja 2.... Hrrmmmmm....
If you have any self-respect, you'll throw that game away. GNT4 is acceptable, however.

EDIT:

Has anyone started playing Doc like a little Samus? Abuse CC, wd ftilt all day, jab cancels on the back of people's shields, upb OoS, etc?

I was really gone when I noticed that he's like a little Samus, so I might be off-base, buuuuuuuut yeah.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
no doc is a clone

he's kinda like ganon too with his big punch thing

he up airs like falcon

he tries to nair like fox falco link, but he has tiny feet

cc dsmash like samus

up'b's like marth but docs is kinda better cuz it can stage spike but doesnt go far so it sucks

he tries to dair like fox, but he has no shine to **** with

thats about it, doc really is like alot of characters bunched together, hes definitely not his own character

Shroomed

Smash Master
it hella threw me off that he randomly started super camping lol

him/zhu/lucky are the WC spacies on my list rite now

i always get close =(

Shroomed

Smash Master
i jus realized

me and HMW b missin HELLA edgeguards lol

and make stupid mistakes

brandon u had SS

and i cant count the times i fullhop fair off the stage and get edgeguarded

someone gimme more tips about what im messin up

besides what BOSSMAN said (im too aggressive 24/7 lol)

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
you shouldnt be afraid to go out there

with back airs because really theres nothing anyone can do about it

especially falcon

but if there recovering high just wait, like hmw did vs ss

except he kept dsmashing instead of grab to kobe, or atleast fsmash

if there going low just cape

edge guarding with doc is mad simple, dont make it complicated

like full hop fair loololol

Top Bottom